Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-12-11, 02:59 PM  
ncl

Rozy, you ARE inspiring! Thanks for sharing and congratulations. You and your husband look fit and healthy!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 03:56 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Rozy and Buffgirl, you both rock! Thanks for this thread -- you are inspiration to many. Rozy, do you know about Tracy Reifkind? She lost over 100 pounds and has kept it off for I dunno -- ten years, more? I can't remember! Maybe less, but quite a long time. She and her husband are both kettlebell trainers, so you may have read her blogs.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 04:04 PM  
cmarsh4

Rozy,

You and your hubby look terrific. CONGRATS!!

Please share your story over on our FB Beautiful losers. I would like to know more about your diet plan.

Thanks

Chris
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 04:19 PM  
Missiscipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlchello View Post
I hope this isn't too personal and I hope it comes out the right way in print but I have to ask...how do your legs look now? It looks like your thighs were quite big in your before picture and you are so small now. I ask this because I have very heavy thighs and am on a weight loss journey but I often wonder how my legs might look when I am down in weight. Are your legs toned? smooth? excess skin or flabbiness? Are you happy with how you look out of clothes in the lower body?

You truly are an inspiration and what better chance to ask these sorts of questions than from people who have been there and come out on the other end looking gorgeous!

My legs aren't my best feature right now, along with my lower abs. Yes I have muscle underneath but I do have excess skin. I am hoping with lotion and exercise they might tighten up some but I realistically don't think that will happen...maybe my legs will but my abs won't without surgery im sure. Im sure it is due to losing the weight so fast, probably due to age, probably due to having kids but I wouldn't change a thing I am much happier now even with the saggy and baggy
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 04:20 PM  
Missiscipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Rozy and Buffgirl, you both rock! Thanks for this thread -- you are inspiration to many. Rozy, do you know about Tracy Reifkind? She lost over 100 pounds and has kept it off for I dunno -- ten years, more? I can't remember! Maybe less, but quite a long time. She and her husband are both kettlebell trainers, so you may have read her blogs.
Tracy is an inspiration to me, she is just tough!
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 04:43 PM  
topfitmama

Wow Rozy! you look amazing!
You and your husband are an inspiration
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 05:04 PM  
Just_Jo

Congrats, Rozy! You look fantastic.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 05:08 PM  
Buffgirl

Thank you ladies!

If this thread can inspire and help one person, we are doing something right!
Buffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 06:23 PM  
Fit Kitty

Wtg!

Way to go, Rozy. You look great!

Karen
Fit Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 08:42 PM  
MoFirmer

My weight loss story starts with my being a stay at home mom and having two children. I had difficult pregnancies after previously having a miscarriage. I was on bedrest from 4 months on with my second son and gained a LOT of weight. I was SO happy to finally have had my beautiful boys that I didn't focus on myself.... just being a mom. I knew I was gaining but you know at the same time how it is.... you tell yourself you don't look THAT bad...... fast forward to 2000 when I went to a Christmas family dinner. I felt SO uncomfortable wondering what everyone was thinking when I had always been SO slim. I got a photo in the mail from a relative that broke my heart. It was of me with my special grandma and all I could think of when I saw that picture was NOT the conversations we'd had.... the memories.... but how tight my clothes were and how uncomfortable I was. I was tired of my body hurting, and not being confident. My boys deserved better than that. I had exercised in the past but never found anything I liked therefore I didn't stick with it.

I saw the FIRM BSS1 infomercial and saw a mom of two named Cindy Eldridge in it and I could TOTALLY relate to her story. THAT was me! But at the same time.... I knew I had not had success before so I ordered the FIRM knowing I would probably return it or it would sit and gather dust like the workouts I had previously.

I started the workouts and LOVED them! Never looked back! I ended up going from a size 18 and 225# to a size 4/6 and 139#!!!! You would think...... story over right! She lives happily ever after..... NOT!

Fast forward to 2009 and I was in for a routine mammogram and the dr came in. SO not a good sign. I was sent for a biopsy and lymph node surgery and found out I had breast cancer. I had 6 rounds of chemo and 30 days of radiation and a hysterectomy ahead of me. The dr was not a sympathetic person and told me all the "horrors" and no encouragement. I set out to prove them wrong.

I worked out throughout my treatments. I would go to chemo and come home and go straight to the workout room. I couldn't control that I had cancer but I could control how I dealt with it and knew it would help me stay strong if I kept moving.

However I put on 15# during chemo. Then after the hysterectomy I started gaining weight doing my same beloved FIRM workouts..... I then got a chance to test the FIRM Express workouts and lost 19# in the first 30 days! I am now down to 141# and a size 3/4.

Edited to add.... the picture of my sweet grandma and I that catapulted me to lose weight..... well that picture brought bittersweet memories to me later.....

The day before I was to fly out to NY to shoot the FE infomercial the family was called in to my grandma's bedside. She was dying. She wasn't coherent for most of the day but when they told her I came in the room and sat by her she held her hand up to me. I had a committment so I had to leave the next morning after getting news of her passing. On the day of the infomercial filming when I was talking about her and the picture - they were back home having my grandma's funeral. I started talking about my weight loss on camera and got choked up. I said a silent prayer and went on.... I knew my grandma was there and wanting me to tell my story to help someone else.

Tags
gall bladder, inspiration, significant weight loss, success stories, success story, weight loss