Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-30-12, 05:42 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Beginning Yoga with Chrissy Carter

Has anyone tried this Gaiam video: Beginning Yoga with Chrissy Carter? A friend of mine asked me about a good beginning yoga video and I had recommended a Yee one, but I was wondering if anyone had tried this? I saw it today at Walmart.

Thanks!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-12, 07:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I bought this at WalMart Saturday. I like it a lot - it is more a beginner set of practices than most of Gaiam's "beginner" stuff. Chrissy seems really down to earth; she uses both English and Sanskrit names to refer to the poses and doesn't use a lot of "yoga speak". It's not terribly flowy.

The music is nice and the setting is to die for - where do they find these beautiful homes overlooking the ocean - I want to be their housekeeper ...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-12, 08:21 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Thanks for this post.

I want to take a yoga class at the Y, but I want some knowledge before I go in public (or decide it is not for me).

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-12, 09:16 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I wish I could remember more details - but these are pretty basic and she gives some good form pointers. The "Connect" practice is probably the easiest of the three. There are no endless Sun Salutations.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 03:05 PM  
LAC

Picked this up in Walmart today and have previewed a bit of it; like what I've seen so far. Would agree with Carol's assessment that this is more beginner friendly than most of Gaiam's yoga offerings. IMHO, a novice would understand Chrissy's form tips more readily than Yee's.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-13, 03:58 PM  
moonbeam31

This really is a lovely workout! I have a question about the audio menu- there are 2 options : Full instruction and Pose Only- Is the Pose only limited instruction for when you are very familiar with the sets?
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-13, 05:31 PM  
carole r.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
This really is a lovely workout! I have a question about the audio menu- there are 2 options : Full instruction and Pose Only- Is the Pose only limited instruction for when you are very familiar with the sets?
Yes, once you're used to the moves and don't need the detailed instruction, then the pose only option is fine.
Old 09-09-13, 06:01 PM  
moonbeam31

Oh cool!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner yoga, chrissy carter, gaiam