Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-29-09, 02:41 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
At work, I take mini-walks around the hallways or swing my kettlebell for 50 reps per round.
You keep a kettlebell at work? That's really cool!

Just adding that I heard the podcast Joanna was referring to and there was nothing revolutionary about it - it pretty much describes my day-to-day life.
Old 08-29-09, 02:50 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
You keep a kettlebell at work? That's really cool!
Yes . I did toy with the idea of buying Cathe's pull-up bar and leaving it at work.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 06:05 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysunshine View Post
(and anyone with eyes can see that Coke is really not good for you LOL it can de-rust things!)
I'm not trying to get the thread all diet-y, but so can lemon juice and vinegar.

In fact, while looking for more on the subject on Saturday, I refound a tip for removing rust stains that seems to have worked: put a reasonable amount of lemon juice (or vinegar?) on the stain, let it dry in sunlight or something, and wash as normal. I had apparent rust stains on a pair of pants; after this treatment, the (small) stains went away completely, even before washing. Earlier, normal washing hadn't removed them.

Also see http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp , which also reminds me of the existence of gastric acid. (Regurgitation Is Not Fun. ) Hydrochloric acid, the major part of gastric acid, has been used against rust too, but I'd rather get lemon juice on my clothes. Really, I don't want to get the thread all diet-y, but don't drink a glass of hydrochloric acid, OK?

Back to your regularly scheduled thread!
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jillian michaels, plateau