Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-09, 12:00 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Me too. I really felt discouraged by the "lose 2-3 lbs a week easily" remark. Even when I do everything 100% right, I am extremely lucky to get 1 lb a week.
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 12:21 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

NEAT or moving throughout the day is one of the best things I try to implement in my daily life. It allows me to be more relaxed in the D* department.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 12:23 PM  
14yrbeliever

So is there no way to find/read the full text of her podcasts? or download the audio versions?

I would really like to see some of the things she said about the BL method of weight loss and how it isn't realistic.

The 2-4 pounds easily part...hah. Really funny. I dearly wish that were true, but for my 39 year old heiny, it is not. I'm happy for (and jealous of) the people who can lose 2-4 pounds a week "easily."

ETA: what is NEAT?
14yrbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 12:30 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

mizach, I had to look up the NEAT concept. How do you incorporate it into your day? Can I ask you for tips? The GoWear Fit thingy tells me I am a slug outside my exercise hours.
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 12:32 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

You can easily download the audio version in iTunes, search for KFI Sundays. But I don't know of any transcripts to read. NEAT is, as explained in the initial post, non-exercise activity thermogenesis.

Apologies for straying too much into the d-word. In the past, general 'food discussion' type comments have been allowed as long as they did not endorse or go into a specific diet plan. I thought the remarks I posted were general enough.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 12:43 PM  
14yrbeliever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
You can easily download the audio version in iTunes, search for KFI Sundays. But I don't know of any transcripts to read. NEAT is, as explained in the initial post, non-exercise activity thermogenesis.
Thanks. Since you didn't actually use the acronym immediately after defining it, I'm afraid I missed the connection. My apologies. I will check out iTunes for the downloads.
14yrbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 12:52 PM  
daisysunshine

again for those who want really old JM podcasts.
www.mediafly.com you can search by KFI AM640 or Jillian Michaels.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 02:02 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysunshine View Post
I don't know if I find that she's hypocritical or selling out because she's putting out her own weight loss supplement product out there. She had talked about doing this for a while on her podcasts, because she was tired of all the crap ones out there full of fakey fake things, so she made a more organic based one.
I think it's understandable that people who hadn't listened to her podcasts wouldn't know about her commitment to good nutrition, which includes using supplements. I'm a long time supplement user and I would trust any products she puts out because she is always keeping up with the latest research.
Old 08-29-09, 02:23 PM  
Janga

Didn't mean to imply that my previous post was anything other than my own opinion and frankly, I will still watch the Biggest Loser (for which I have a secret fondness, although I have many issues with it).

This is just my opinion also and not to be construed as in response to anything posted on here (I'm just bored this Saturday). I do think the line of JM pills, including the "extreme" fat burner and the calorie control product contains natural ingredients, some of which in my opinion, are dangerous or just plain ineffective. Many of these kinds of products line the drugstore shelves and are already readily available for anyone who seeks a magic pill approach to weight loss.

I'm not opposed to supplements, though, just the "... pill" mentality. One of the problems, in my opinion, is that it takes the focus off of what in my opinion and experience is the real way to lose weight and keep it off for good and that is to eat clean, nutritious food in the proper amount and exercise on a consistent basis while, definitely, yes, increasing lifestyle activity throughout the day.

I'm fairly new to this great forum (I love it) and not sure if anything I said in this post violates the no ... talk policy, so please feel free to delete this postie or parts thereof. Thanks.
Janga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 02:32 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
mizach, I had to look up the NEAT concept. How do you incorporate it into your day? Can I ask you for tips? The GoWear Fit thingy tells me I am a slug outside my exercise hours.
Hi Sarah,
I just bought an Omron HJ-720ITC so I can track my steps again. DH lost all our Omrons .
At work, I take mini-walks around the hallways or swing my kettlebell for 50 reps per round.
I pace in my office if I'm solving a problem.
After dinner, DH, DS and I walk for around 40 mins. This does not happen every night, but we average about 3 days a week.
When DS in at violin lessons, baseball practice (and soon-to-be cross country running practice), I walk.
I like the article you linked me to. DH moves a lot and never had a weight problem in his life. In fact, he's underweight for his height.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jillian michaels, plateau