Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-02, 05:26 PM  
its_gail
VF Supporter

I looooved Bozo's Circus when I was a kid -- never went in person, though. Did you catch the big to-do when they ended the show a year or so ago? Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins was one of the guests!!!
Old 06-19-02, 05:33 PM  
wannabefirm

I use to do Morning Stretch, 20 minute workout and Gilad's workout. I remember doing or watching Jack Lalanne too!
wannabefirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-02, 06:20 PM  
Cheryl T
VF Supporter

Hooked on Aerobics! Anyone?????

OMG, does anyone else remember this show? Here in the Bay Area it was on PBS I think. Three exercisers on separate round platforms marked "low effort" "medium effort" and "high effort"....led by a young woman named Ellen (?) with an incredily long dark ponytail sprouting from the top of her head. The show came from Utah and I guess they were pretty conservative because the exercisers were made to wear these bizarre head-to-toe silvery jumpsuits - VERY WEIRD. At some point they threw caution to the wind and went with leotards and some VERY '80s legwarmers and headbands. There would always be one guy, and when it was his turn to go up on the "high effort" platform, man oh man, he would just go berserk up there! It's been years and years, but I swear I'm still haunted by the image of the guy spazzing out on the high platform! LOL!

I have fond memories of Lilias Yoga and You, and Pricilla Patrick's yoga show. So gentle and relaxing...hardly preparing me for the RIGORS of Rodney!
Cheryl T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-02, 06:29 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

that French woman...

Hey Joanna,
I think the French woman you are referring to is Josee Lavigueur. She was a participant on The Carribean Workout and had her own show (Rendez-vous Nautilus Plus) for a while.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-02, 07:08 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Yes! Hooked on Aerobics! I loved it. I had a tape of a week's worth of shows, that I kept for years. I didn't get PBS, too cheap to pay for cable, but an aunt taped the shows for me.

Cynthia
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-02, 07:17 PM  
its_gail
VF Supporter

Hooked on Aerobics

The name sounded familiar, so I Googled it and found this Web page:
http://www.geocities.com/tightsforever/Hooked.html
Weird.
Old 06-19-02, 08:06 PM  
Gina H
VF Supporter

Ray Raynor!

Wow, this is bringing back memories...WGN channel 9, Ray Raynor (loved that orange pantsuit!) and Bozo- with Cookie and Ringmaster Ed...I always wanted to be home contestant for the Grand Prize Game, and never was! I wasn't much of a fan of Captian Kangaroo, but always watched Ray and Bozo!
Gina H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-02, 08:12 PM  
its_gail
VF Supporter

...and don't forget

...Garfield Goose and Friends! And Romper Room! and Cartoon Town with B.J. and the Dirty Dragon (or something like that)!
As you can see by my signature, childish TV is still very important to me!
Old 06-20-02, 09:06 AM  
Gina H
VF Supporter

Thank you, Gail!

I've been racking my brain trying to think of the name of the kids' show that was on a UHF channel from Chicago (channel 44?); I think it was BJ and the Dirty Dragon. He used to draw pictures to a Creedence Clearwater song. There was also a villain, Mr. Lemonhead, who for some reason always scared me (and I can't think why!)

Yes, childish television viewing remains important to me too! (Long live Sponge Bob!)
Gina H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-02, 09:23 AM  
krazikat
VF Supporter

Has this gone totally OT or What!

Thanks Gail,

The comments about Ray Raynor & Bozo started me trying to remember the name of the host for Garfield (and Family Classics). I was weaned on Howdy Doody, but spent my "formative" years watching the goose and clown. Have I regressed? Must be, because as far as I'm concerned, Spongebob puts the "square" in squarepants.

But to keep this on topic, maybe someone should contact that cable TV channel that plays the really old stuff and ask them to dig up the old exercise shows.
krazikat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bess motta, david snively, feldenkrais, lilias folan, tv fitness programs