Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-10-15, 07:46 AM  
sherry7899

has anyone tried these fitness headbands?

They showed up in my facebook feed:

http://itfit.com/collections/all

They is a thirty percent off code "FIT30"

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-15, 09:33 AM  
Chomper

Ooh thanks for the heads up! Don't know how well they work, but there are some pretty ones! I decided to get some, including one I can add to my sister in law's Christmas gift. If you spend $35 or over, you get free first class shipping.

ETA: didn't notice this before I placed my order or I would have bought a pair to try, but they also sell athletic touch screen gloves that they claim work.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-15, 09:45 AM  
sherry7899

Please post about how you hopefully like them!

Old 11-10-15, 12:09 PM  
amatoo

I have tried them and they do not work for my hair. I have thin hair though. They do work for my son's ex girlfriend. She has very thick black curly hair. The bands I like that work best for me are Bic bands. Now those never slide out of my hair. Their website is bicbands.com But no discount.
Cindy
Old 11-19-15, 07:00 PM  
Chomper

I got my headbands. They are really pretty. The fabric is just as colorful as the photos. I used one today with a yoga workout and it stayed on my head the whole time. I didn't really need a headband for this yoga, but wanted the test it out a little. What I really want from a headband is to keep the sweat from running into my eyes during really hot or sweaty workouts, so I still need to test it out that way. But it's good to know that it will stay on during down dogs and standing splits.

The fabric is a thin poly type like our workout clothes tend to be. The back of the headband is a fixed size, but you can roll the sides and front into whatever thickness you prefer. When spread out fully, the headband is very wide. I have the regular size and the headband is a little more than 5 inches at the widest point.
Old 11-19-15, 08:40 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Are these similar or better than Bondi bands? I have several bondi bands which I like, but could use slightly more grip.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-15, 06:00 AM  
sherry7899

Chomper-thanks so much taking the time to post feedback. I really appreciate it.

Sherry

Old 11-20-15, 10:24 AM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
They showed up in my facebook feed:

http://itfit.com/collections/all

They is a thirty percent off code "FIT30"

Sherry
Sherry, when I visited the website it said there is an early Black Friday sale of 45% off with promo code EBF.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-15, 10:46 AM  
momof10

I have those headbands and have thin hair and they stay on for hours and hours all through my sweaty workouts. I love them and they are so pretty. When I wear one in one of my videos, I always get asked about them. They look pretty on, too, except my hubby said I looked like I was on chemo 😳😳
Old 11-20-15, 10:50 AM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Are these similar or better than Bondi bands? I have several bondi bands which I like, but could use slightly more grip.
Tried my bondi band on this morning, and it's a similar tightness. The bondi is one size. The nice thing about this other brand is you measure your head, they show how on the website, and there are two sizes. I have regular, but there is a small. Maybe you need the small size?

ETA: neither the bondi or this headband has any actual gripping properties. I think I've seen headbands with that, I don't think they worked for me, but they were cheap headbands from the grocery store. Just wanted to clarify.

Tags
headbands