Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-13-15, 07:37 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

ART Method Metabolic Mat

Terri Walsh posted the first workout in the Mat 23 series to her Powhow site. She is calling this series "ART Method Metabolic Mat". Here's the description of Mat 23.1
-a short DCT
- ART Metabolic circuit which consists of:
- 4 exercises - 1 min each
- 15 seconds rest between each exercise
- A total of 4 rounds

I haven't done the workout so I can't provide details but I did check it out on Powhow. It is a 42-minute video. All you need are 2 blocks and a mat.
===============
Other news:
If you're interested in a recording of Terri Walsh's IDEAfit 2015 workshop. It's available for pre-order on DVD here - http://www.ideafit.com/fitness-produ...y-mat-practice

This is probably more for someone who likes to have everything an instructor puts out. I'm not sure how much of a workout is here - but I'll report back when I get mine.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-15, 07:54 PM  
Poodlepants

I am hoping to try the new workout tomorrow. I'm totally loving ART Method.
Old 08-13-15, 07:59 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Please report back after you try it It looks terrific on preview and I look forward to hearing your impressions about the workout.
Old 08-13-15, 08:47 PM  
Gatorfan76

Sounds good! Wish her streaming wasn't so expensive !
Old 08-13-15, 09:25 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

I'm not going to lie, I wish the Powhow streaming was $6.99 like Terri's old streaming site. But the 18.99 I pay now is still in the same ballpark with other streaming services and so worth it for me since ART Method is all I do now. I have a sense this Metabolic Mat series will make the price even more worth it for me. I can't wait to try this series.
Old 08-13-15, 09:51 PM  
deineira

I'm still hanging on to my old membership, but the new content sounds really appealing. I don't like repetitious circuits though, and one of the things I love about ART method is that it's not repetitious...but maybe it will be like the Ugi workouts and she'll just do a few for variety's sake and move on.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-15, 06:13 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

deineira - Have you done any of the Beginners/@ Home workouts on YouTube? From those (https://www.youtube.com/user/exerciseworld/videos), you can get a feeling for the new settings. It took me a little while to get used to the difference of the NY class feel but now I just love the Costa Rica vibrant colors and the retreat backgrounds. I also like having just Terri in the workout. I thought I'd miss the NYC setting, but I don't. Those were the reasons I switched to the Powhow subscription.
Old 08-14-15, 06:50 AM  
deineira

Hi Nat, I haven't done the beginner classes, but I did the master classes, and I love the new setting as a visual backdrop. I miss the coordination with the music, though. The MCs did not have music and that was a bummer for me. Terri did give backing podcasts, but I prefer to have the music embedded and everything running smoothly within the video, movements timed accordingly. I'm hoping all of this will get worked out at some point. Is the music embedded and in synch with the new workouts like in the old stuidio?
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-15, 09:11 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Ack! A music question - and me with my tin ear. LOL

I went back and checked YouTube. It seems that the @Home workouts have music in the background. Whether it's in sync, I couldn't tell you. The music in the Metabolic series 23.1 is really good - I think the driving beat is great for this kind of workout.

Tags
art method, powhow, terri walsh