Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-15, 10:01 AM  
donnamp

I decided to try Suzanne's Shake in the Summer beginner rotation (w/ modifications - based on my mood/needs) - and took advantage of her Mother's Day weekend discount. I really like that Suzanne seems to be moving in the direction of posting two rotations - a beginner and an advanced. I would previously try to do her rotations and would end up burned out quickly b/c they were too hard for me. I hope the beginner version will get me through - although, I can see myself modifying or substituting for her ab work and some of her upper body stuff!

At some point, I would like to try ART as well - I understand that on Terri's You Tube channel she is putting out free beginner workouts to try. So, that may be next on my agenda (at some point!)

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 04:18 PM  
Nina O

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I decided to try Suzanne's Shake in the Summer beginner rotation (w/ modifications - based on my mood/needs) - and took advantage of her Mother's Day weekend discount. I really like that Suzanne seems to be moving in the direction of posting two rotations - a beginner and an advanced. I would previously try to do her rotations and would end up burned out quickly b/c they were too hard for me. I hope the beginner version will get me through - although, I can see myself modifying or substituting for her ab work and some of her upper body stuff!

At some point, I would like to try ART as well - I understand that on Terri's You Tube channel she is putting out free beginner workouts to try. So, that may be next on my agenda (at some point!)

Donna
Currently Terri has 8 workouts on You Tube from the @Home Beginner Series
Nina O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 07:48 PM  
lorajc

I was going to say the same thing as one of the above posters. I had done the ART Method for a while before and got sick of doing the Tech Study. I know Teri says it's important, but if it's going to make me quit doing something that I really like otherwise, I'm going to re-structure to fit my liking.

I plan on doing a different warm-up - she actually has one on the site that is good and if you get sick of that - you can just do one off a dvd - and then I may do part of the TECH Study just to work on my planks, etc. Then start the W/O.

I really like the variety that Teri has and of course, the music. I like that she incorporates, light weights, high reps and then goes heavy and shorter reps, uses bands, even Ugi balls, has add on's and so on and so forth. I think you get a lot to keep you from getting bored and keeping your body guessing where as Susan Bowen is more just Barre. I don't have her streaming but I have all of her DVDs. I like her DVDs, but she doesn't have the variety that Teri provides and I need variety!!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art method, suzanne bowen, terri walsh