Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-18-15, 07:30 AM  
Nina O

ART at Home #5

The newest @Home video is up on You Tube

It's another total body workout, but I found this one really targeted my upper body.

I've found this series to be excellent for form and learning / refining good technique. Terri Walsh teaches so well, and the settings are beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MG_...ure=youtu.be&a
Nina O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-15, 02:48 PM  
killoffsonny

Looks good. Haven't done ART Method in ages. Might actually try this.
Old 04-19-15, 06:13 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina O View Post
The newest @Home video is up on You Tube

It's another total body workout, but I found this one really targeted my upper body.

I've found this series to be excellent for form and learning / refining good technique. Terri Walsh teaches so well, and the settings are beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MG_...ure=youtu.be&a
Thanks for posting. This looks good and more doable for me than the stuff on her website. Are all of her YouTube workouts easier?
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-15, 08:20 PM  
Nina O

I think most of the You Tube ones are more doable and a little less intense than the streaming workouts. The @Home Series builds up throughout the series - it's a good idea to master the first one and work at your own pace and then work through the rest of the series. I have been exercising a long time but I can still make them a challenge - it's all about Terri's Active Resistance Points which really kick in. There are fewer reps or modified exercises but they still work. My upper body is my weak spot and re-learning how to do push ups and crunches is helping me enormously. For example, my neck always is an issue with crunches, and by going back to basics and using a yoga block to rest my neck, I am finally doing them properly.
Old 04-19-15, 08:33 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

What Nina said, I subscribe to her streaming site but I found out I'm not ready for that fast paced of a workout. They are long and hard to properly maintain the resistance points. So I love her beginner series. It's a perfect way to properly learn the ART method and still get a great workout. Terri is building her series bit by bit.
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-15, 04:48 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwelters View Post
So I love her beginner series. It's a perfect way to properly learn the ART method and still get a great workout. Terri is building her series bit by bit.
Ditto this! And at the same time - I'm also looking forward to Terri's ART Master Class series. It may be a long long while before I can get through a Master Class but they look like fun!
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-15, 08:09 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Nat good to hear from you. I just did #5 and it is another winner, we are moving on with a total body routine that I feel in my glutes. This was tough but so much fun.
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-15, 03:23 PM  
hotncmom

Is there a check-in for those of us doing ART as a rotation? I've decided to give it a go for a while and subscribed to the site. For whatever reason, these are hitting my sweet spot right now.

I'm not joining the FB group because I spend too much time on there already and I'm in too many groups, but I'd be willing to do a daily check-in. I tend to read on VF during breakfast and lunch.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 07:43 PM  
deineira

There used to be an ART check in but it's kind of defunct now. There were only a few of us that checked in regularly there, but it was a nice cozy group. :-) You could join the Eclecticist check in as Debbie S. does ART sometimes and she checks in there. It also has folks doing a variety of workouts though. I moved to that check in after the ART check in petered out, but I'm on a check-in break right now.I was doing mostly ART and HDM (and still am).
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-15, 06:35 PM  
Nina O

Daisy Sunshine started a check in for ART recently too http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=209630 although it's a little quiet at the moment!

Tags
art, art method, terri walsh