Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-14, 10:16 AM  
daisyfit

So happy to see all these posts. Life doesn't always work out as planned but finally met my life partner and hoping to have a baby soon. I'm 38 and we started trying recently.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-14, 10:25 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

I had my first baby at 22, my second at 25, and my third was born 11 days after I turned 41. My doctor had me stop running, but I continued exercising and taking almost daily walks. I had a difficult pregnancy but an easy delivery and was back in my pre-pregnancy clothes by the time she was a month old. (Weight loss didn't become a problem until I was about 47, but that's for a different thread.)

I worried a little that I would embarrass her by being so old, but she doesn't even notice I'm not the same age as her friends' moms. Her cheer coach asked me if she was my oldest, and her mouth dropped open when I told her how old my other 2 are.

I think I appreciate motherhood more because I know how quickly they grow up, and I've enjoyed every minute of it. While younger moms get tired of attending games and events, I cherish every one of them. I can't imagine life at 54 without a 13 year old!
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 12:51 AM  
Topaz

Babies

I had my first baby at 38 and my second at 40. I haven't been fit since then but it wasn't because of my age...it was because I didn't make it a priority until recently.

If I had known how much I was going to enjoy being a mother, I might have tried to become pregnant sooner, but I loved my pre-parenthood life and I wasn't sure I wanted to change it.

I think if you really want to get your body back, you can. Maybe not exactly as it was pre-parenthood because genetics do play a role and some women just won't ever be totally the same but the odds are that you will decide the trade off is totally worth it.
Old 02-19-14, 01:06 PM  
lynnf

I had my first and only child a month before I turned 43. Amazingly despite being diagnosed with fertility problems, DS was conceived naturally, right when we were about to start with insemination. My pregnancy went fine with no complications and DS is now a wonderful 15 year old.

I gained about 40 pounds with the pregnancy and even after breast feeding for a year I found myself still 15 pounds up at the time he was 2. My goal was to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight by the time he turned 3 and I did it. I have been a regular exerciser for a long time, so for me diet was the key. I almost gave up and thought I should get used to leaving the top of the normal weight range and entering the overweight category. But I did it and am still at my pre-pregnancy weight.

Having a kid was one of the best decisions of my life. Go for it! And good luck.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 02:00 PM  
Shelbyfit

All of these posts give me hope!

I am 36 (37 in April), still single and REALLY hoping to be a mommy someday (soon, preferably)!

My mom had my baby sister at 46 with zero complications (she started with me at 26, and there are 3 in between), so I pray I'll take after her. Then again, she started a lot earlier...
Shelbyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 04:17 PM  
wlorrie

Thanks for sharing! I'm 38.5 and would like to have a child if I ever get married. Good to know I still have a little time left.
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prolapse