Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs

Old 02-10-11, 09:02 PM  
treasaigh

Congratulations!! Ah, the days of nursing with sweaty boobies, I remember those well!

I agree with walking - and try to find workouts you can trim into smaller segments for when you can sneak in 20 minutes. I also did floor work in the nursery after getting DD down, just to feel like I did something before having to crash myself. Just that much actually made a difference - pushups here, squats there... When Sarah was about 15 months, she would sit on the couch and color while I worked out, and we were golden.
Old 02-11-11, 02:46 AM  
Tan

I am a single mom with a four year old and a six month old. I am breastfeeding on demand. I usually work out in the evening, sometimes as late as ten o'clock as its the only time I can squeeze it in. From about three months old not working out has never been an option for me as it is a passion and pretty much the only time I have for myself. I do barre workouts and yoga, mainly for stress relief as I lost all my baby weight very quickly. Probably something to with the stress of separating from the childrens' father whilst pregnant and managing the two with no help - I barely have time to eat lol. I have an additional motivation as teaching yoga was my pre baby job and I am also training in the Lotte Berk method, so its a question of being able to do it so I can teach it. The only cardio I get is walking my son to preschool, about half an hour or so a day, but with pushing a double stroller up a hill twice a day its plenty lol. Its a question of priorities and of course the temperament of your child.. Fortunately my little one has always been a good sleeper so I feel rested enough to exercise late at night. If you are tired its better to sleep. It will all balance out eventually anyway, just enjoy your baby and all the cuddles.
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 07:16 AM  
dnk
VF Supporter

My third pregnancy was twins. They slept, but at different times. They had a 25-minute overlap, and I would use something like Karen Voight's Yoga Stretch or one of my "parts" tapes. My babies needed to be held- all the time so it wasn't an option to let them watch me while I worked out.

I walked my kindergartener to school when it wasn't snowing, but what really took the weight off was nursing. I was under my pre-pregnancy weight by the time they were 10 months old.

I agree that you should enjoy the special bonding time with your little one, but it's also important to do "strategic" exercises, especially for your abs and back. Those people get bigger, and yet they still demand to be picked up

Deb
dnk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kids, moms