Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-10, 10:44 PM  
nubiennelady

I'm an apple with broad shoulders, big boobs and a thick waist. My legs and butt are lean and my calves are shapely. Shopping for clothes with my inverted triangle shape is super frustrating.

I'm looking to shrink my waist, get rid of backfat and tone my shoulders, what works for me is lots of cardio (jogging, kickboxing and dance-style aerobics), circuit-style lifting with moderate-to-high & lighter weights or body weight work.

Heavy weight lifting will shrink my legs even further but my upper body will bulk and my waist won't shrink without cardio.
nubiennelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 11:16 PM  
peanutgrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubiennelady View Post
Shopping for clothes with my inverted triangle shape is super frustrating.

I'm looking to shrink my waist, get rid of backfat and tone my shoulders, what works for me is lots of cardio (jogging, kickboxing and dance-style aerobics).
Clothes shopping can get depressing with this shape for sure, unless it's a skirt, or flattering to the legs.

I agree 100% nubiennelady, cardio is the key to get rid of back fat & tone waist. Lots of cardio! Until having kids, cardio wasn't my favorite...but now I use it for stress relief (and i get super stressed). Now it feels like I can't get enough cardio
Old 04-18-10, 07:22 AM  
Jann

It's nice to know there are others out there.
I have been trying for years to uncover the secrete of slimming down my upper half. I believe the answer is cardio also.
Thanks for the TA mat suggestion. Going to check that out.
Old 04-18-10, 07:23 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ks View Post
I am an apple, too and now that I read about the inverted triangle/linebacker, well I think I may be that too!

Any more suggestions/solutions to the "linebacker" () dilemma?

Maybe "someone" (I can't do it) should do a check-in for Apples and another for Pears...and maybe we can all be fruit baskets put together. j/k But, really, I think having checkins for Apples/Pears body-types would draw the people to them and we could find what works for each group. Anyone?

Lydia: I nominate you. LOL!

Kiddy
You're on, Kiddy Off to get us started...
Old 04-18-10, 08:29 AM  
hotncmom

Apple reporting. I am currently doing a Shred/Zuzana rotation with a couple of walk/run interval + yoga (Jillian's Yoga Meltdown) days thrown in, so I will report back on any results. So far I am not doing very well with d!#t. I eat healthy but suspect there is too much bread/cereal involved. I'm also tacking on some Tonique moves (extra squats/lunges or Mat work) to the end of the Shred/Zuzana w/o if I'm feeling especially energetic.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 10:04 AM  
Ann1964

I am a apple too & since running last year my UB has slimmed down. Still a ways to go though.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 10:33 AM  
3ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp View Post
You're on, Kiddy Off to get us started...
Yeah! You go girl!
Old 05-02-10, 06:32 PM  
Elle K

hotncmom.. We're on the same track! Shred/NMTZ/BFBM and Zuzana (Debbie S.' kb mixes) plus some spinning has been my go-to last couple of weeks. It is shifting the shape of my body.. like even the back ripples are shrinking a bit.

My next week experiment is going to be Zuzana/KB plus walking/Leslie/spinning (to save the knees for lunges!)..

I'd be happy to join the basket of apples check-in!!
Elle K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-10, 10:27 AM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Okay, I've been messing around a little figuring out which workouts I can put into some kind of plan for the next couple of months - big lower body + abs focus here.

I made a simple but promising rotation for this week as the official start of my Build a Better Butt Summer.

M - TJ Cardio Party
T- KK Ultimate Butt
W- TJ Cardio Party
TH - KK Ultimate Butt
F - TJ Cardio Party

It's a lot of Cardio Party, but I'm enjoying it and I'd like to learn it well enough to use the Pumped up music option.

Next week I think I'll do something that's cardio + abs heavy, and in the meantime try to get really creative with all the core and lower body segments on stuff that I own.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 12:06 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle K View Post
hotncmom.. We're on the same track! Shred/NMTZ/BFBM and Zuzana (Debbie S.' kb mixes) plus some spinning has been my go-to last couple of weeks. It is shifting the shape of my body.. like even the back ripples are shrinking a bit.

My next week experiment is going to be Zuzana/KB plus walking/Leslie/spinning (to save the knees for lunges!)..

I'd be happy to join the basket of apples check-in!!
Got a bit bored with Shred, so it's on break now. I started tracking calories on Sparkpeople and right before I left on vacation I had lost 2 lbs. in less than a week! I'm on vacation now and still trying to exercise daily, but I would not be surprised if those 2 lbs. creep back on because we are going out to eat every night. I was in the range of 1400-1700 cal/day.

Current exercise rotation: Mixed up Zuzana moves (I have a lot written on paper and I pick whichever ones I feel like doing that day), walking/running intervals, and Tonique 1 twice a week (since it gets raves around here). I also want to fit in Core Fusion and Yoga Meltdown. Hopefully when we get back and my kids get back in school I can get into more of a routine....right now with kids around I'm just fitting in what I can.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plateau