Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-09, 02:56 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
According to recent research, discussed by Jillian on her show, it doesn't matter what time you eat as long as you don't go over your allowed calories. I prefer going to bed with my stomach empty or I can't sleep.

This thread proves once again that mixing up your routine and cutting calories will give you weight loss.
I've heard this, too. But it's not the time of day that's the problem, it's what's eaten and how much The time of day matters only because for some of us, that's the only time we can slow down and relax a little
Old 06-25-09, 03:53 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp View Post
I've heard this, too. But it's not the time of day that's the problem, it's what's eaten and how much The time of day matters only because for some of us, that's the only time we can slow down and relax a little
Very true! 99% of the time if I eat something after 7:00 pm, it's going to be something that isn't healthy like my beloved Cheetoes.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-09, 06:39 AM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hch View Post
I don't have a good answer for the main question at this time, but I've noticed the discussions of intensity: a happy medium looks nice.
Other than the fact that right now I'm basically "ignoring exercise" I'd say that that's the silver bullet that constantly alludes me. Unless, of course, you consider a "happy medium" to be the balance of some really intense periods followed by nonchalance...
I guess the one thing I try to remeber is not to think about it too much. Whatever it is... I tend to excel at doing the opposite of whatever I've set as my goals - I constantly rely on reverse psychology.
Old 06-26-09, 08:10 AM  
horsemom2

I ignored and continue to ignore everything with a dread factor so I look forward to workingout.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-09, 11:21 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I ignored rotations and focusing on one thing. This is the year for that as I did CLX and now I'm doing LaloFit for a little while. Who knew variety isn't required every day?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-09, 11:56 AM  
snapfish45

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
I ignored and continue to ignore everything with a dread factor so I look forward to workingout.

Barb S
I wholeheartedly agree! There is so much to choose from so I refuse to do anything that I don't like. If it has a dread factor, out it goes! Sometimes I will try something a few times that I am lukewarm about before making the decision to trade/give away a workout. I anticipate and look forward to my workouts every single day.

Snap out of it!
snapfish45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-09, 12:05 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I ignored rotations and focusing on one thing. This is the year for that as I did CLX and now I'm doing LaloFit for a little while. Who knew variety isn't required every day?
Laura, this is not only so TRUE but is the crux of many problems with getting the results that many are working for. Un"planned" Variety is GREAT for maintenance, and switching up your workout is absolutely critical for nudging the body into further gains, but if one is looking for a 'specific' result, the training must be designed for that result. That is one of the many reasons for personal trainers, they keep one from just going about it willy nilly and hoping for the best. MInd you, willy nilly is wonderful if you are already at or near goal, but structured and designed for result is going to get you further faster. And that means REPETITION of the workout method often enough to force your body to adapt, and then when it does, you switch it up again!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plateau