Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-15, 08:55 PM  
Aquajock

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
I would like to know what everyone uses for an additional ab routine. I have so many Cathe's, Beach Body, and other workouts that I'm certain I am under-utilizing videos that are sitting on my shelf that will fit the bill perfectly. I like to switch up different add-on ab routines from different instructors to really get in there and work the abs from different angles. But, I've noticed that I keep using the same workouts all the time. Here's some of them I use often:

AB ripper 200 (from P90)
Ab ripper X (from P90X)
Great Body Abs (Tony Horton great body guaranteed disk)
Cathe PUB - ab section
Cathe 4DS - ab section
Ab Attack 10 - Insanity Max 30

I don't want anything longer than 15 minutes....and actually prefer 10 minutes or less. Going thru all my workouts to weed out the good ab add-on's seems like a daunting task. Hope you all can help a girl out with this one.
The INSANITY Max:30 extra DVD Max:15 Abs has two core routines on it that are 15 minutes long; however, each drill is chaptered so you can just "next" through those drills you don't wanna do. These are each really good.

Also like Cathe's RWH core add-ons.

A-Jock
Old 08-02-15, 06:19 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg39 View Post
I love the core work from Barre3. For $4.99 you can buy their app which has plenty of 10 min core routines, in addition to full body or lower body routines. Great value.
Yup, just bought it! Thank you.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 06:24 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

sorry dp

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 09:15 AM  
bubbles76

How long and how often should you work your core each week? I like the idea of adding on short core work, but most times if it's not included in the workout I don't do it. And I like it to be the first thing I do, so it's out of the way.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 01:09 PM  
angie_nrs

laurajhawk - I forgot about Body Beast! I'll have to dig that out and take a closer look - thanks!

iheartsts - I saw that w/o of ab circuits and I think it is the only one that clocks in at a shorter time - but don't you have to have a partner with the med ball w/o?

Sharaz - I forgot about the original Insanity. I'll have to dig that out too. Oh, and Muscle Endurance - yup got that one. I still have it on VHS - I'll have to forward to abs and refresh my memory.

A-jock - You have already enabled me to get the extra ab workouts from IM30. I can't wait to get them! Oh yeah, RWH - I forgot about those, but they're not buried too deeply. I should probably go thru all my Cathe's and make notes on which ones I like and which ones I don't care for.

bubbles76 - I don't have the answer to your question about how often to work abs, but for me I find that my core is in much better shape if I work abs at least 3 times per week, even if it's only 10 minutes. I also find that if abs isn't written into my workout schedule I neglect to work them. That's why I'm trying to single out short ab routines that can be added to any routine I'm doing at the time. I know for sure that with Cathe's PUB abs, I HAVE to do the ab portion first. I'm fried by the end of that workout and my arms wouldn't be able to support me on the ball pikes at the end. However, other than that workout, I typically do abs at the end.

I don't have any of the other workouts mentioned, but I'll keep this thread bookmarked just in case I acquire any of them in the future.

Thanks for the replies.....keep em comin'!
angie_nrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 02:23 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
iheartsts - I saw that w/o of ab circuits and I think it is the only one that clocks in at a shorter time - but don't you have to have a partner with the med ball w/o?
Not iheartsts but I just looked at that DVD this morning (because of this thread) and there are two med ball workouts - one with a partner and one you can do alone. IIRC, the partner one is 9 minutes and the other is 10 minutes.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 05:28 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by susand View Post
abs from cathe muscle endurance
I like this one too. This DVD also has Cathe's Bootcamp which has a 10-minute core premix that is good.

Tracy Mallet's Lose Belly Flab has four abs workouts that are 8-12 minutes each.

Kelly Coffey Myers Muscle Up Bonus abs.

Strong Stride has some short 10-15 minute ab workouts.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 07:23 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks angie_nrs! I'm in the same boat as you, but I guess I have to add them on somehow. Most of my workouts are so long, that even adding on 10 - 15 minutes is a burden. I like when working the core is hidden into workouts, like it is with kickboxing
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 08:42 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Does anyone else love the core section from Cathe's To the Max workout? I absolutely love that one with the release push ups and side plank snatch move. I'm not sure how long that one is but it's for sure less than 10 minutes...
Old 08-02-15, 10:37 PM  
bfit

I like Kathy Smith's Tummy Toners and also Amy Dixon's Perfect in 10 ab workout. Each DVD contains several 10 minute workouts for abs/core.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ab add-on, ab routines, ab workouts, abdominals, abs, short ab workouts