Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-15, 02:18 PM  
dlb

Where is he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I'm confused about where he is at the moment. Why don't you just keep him and keep checking to see if anyone has reported him missing anywhere?
He is at the animal hospital for 5 days. From there he will be transferred to the shelter (no kill). To me, seems silly to to that when i am willing to take him & pay his fees..

Deb
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-15, 02:21 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I re-read your post and totally rewrote mine while you were responding to me.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-15, 06:27 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I'm not exactly sure about the picture. There is an "Insert Image" icon with that list of icons above the text entry section (second to the last). You could also try the "Attach Files" feature below the text entry section under "Additional Options".

Sorry, I guess it seems like I'm not on this thread to help...just make demands. But have pity on the petless!!!
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-15, 01:01 AM  
Sophb21

You are such a sweet person - the world needs more people like you!
I can't wait until you share some photos
Sophb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-15, 12:27 PM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

Personally, I'm of the belief that dogs know how to identify who their owners should be - maybe it's by smell or something?

Anyway, keep us posted on what's going on - sounds like a special meeting between two kindred spirits.

Terri

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-15, 02:00 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

this same thing happened to me - I posted about it here:
http://96.30.11.231/~vfwnk/forum/sho...ighlight=puppy

we loved and kept him for about a week, and I tried to find a home for him with one of my friends who belongs to a group that helps find homes for dogs. she was also a dog care giver at the time. the shelter allowed us to hang onto him for a week to allow anyone to call in and claim him. he was not chipped and had no collar on him.

after no one called, and after we decided it would be best to return him to the shelter, we brought him there. he was so cute! no one is home during the day. I even spoke to 2 of my co-workers who crate their dogs while at work, about how they make that work for their dogs.

the good thing is that the in take person said he would be adopted immediately because he was so cute. I've attached a pic.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 06:02 AM  
dlb

He is home now

Turns out he is a lively puppy - maybe a year. Sweet though. The pic I had was too big. I'll see if I can take another. Not neutered - he will be as soon as the vet will take care of business. "Corky" has a wellness check on Tuesday. My dogs do not like how I rocked their world. They have been introduced but not out together. I'll have to take that slower. Luckily Corky is not interested in my cats.

Deb
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 08:40 AM  
PhyllisG

Congratulations Deb. Welcome Corky. A good way to introduce them is to take them for a walk together. Also introduce not face to face but side by side. I don't know how many dogs or family members you have but if you can all go out for a walk together it helps them to bond and feel part of a pack. Don't know if I am posting anything you don't know but just a suggestion. Best of luck with Corky.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 09:05 AM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Welcome home, Corky!

I'd love to see a picture when you're able.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 11:09 AM  
andtckrtoo

If you create a free account on picturetrail.com, it will post photos for you so that you can link them here. I have had my account for over 10 years.