Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-15, 06:40 PM  
Leonana

I watched the first four or five, and agree it got better after the first few episodes. I need to start watching it again, so thanks for the reminder. And Jane Fonda does look stunning!
Old 07-24-15, 08:10 PM  
CharM

I had to look it up because I'd never heard of it. The trailer is funny and it makes fun of both Jane's character's eating habits and possible plastic surgery. I don't have Netflix, but I'd watch if I did.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 09:19 PM  
Sara1000

After Diane posted I looked it up - I was impressed that Jane Fonda got involved with her current partner after she knew he had Parkinson's. A friend of mine has it and you cannot count on it progressing at a certain rate. She thought they would have 20 years but who knows? Anyway, I have new admiration for her.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 09:21 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

I watched a few episodes, but looking at my upcoming life (minus the gay storyline) is a bit tough. However, I was surprised that the two ladies are the same age, I think Lily seems much younger. I think they both look nice and are a good example of keeping going as we age.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 09:32 PM  
sherry7899

I will give it another chance.

Bubbles-I adore the Golden Girls, and I was in my late teens/early twenties when I watched the original broadcast.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 09:51 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I watched the first episode. I thought is was ok. I guess it wasn't good enough for me to watch anymore. I may give it another try.....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 06:32 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I don't know, my favorite series, to this DAY, is the Golden Girls. I wasn't even a teen when they were on the air. Loved them then, love them now, have all seven seasons on dvd, and STILL watch them in reruns on cable when I can.

I may have to watch this show if it's anything like that
I like the Golden Girls too, I have the first 4 seasons on DVD. And I watch the reruns pretty often also. Though I also watched it when it was originally on the air. One of my all time favorite TV shows along with Friends, Frasier, etc.

I haven't seen Grace and Frankie, my sister thinks it's pretty funny. I think it's neat how they are working together again though, 9 to 5 is one of my all time favorite movies.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 07:36 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Another fan here -- and I think they both look fantastic, especially for their age. I guess Lily Tomlin is going to be in a movie coming out soon that is fantastic. I've forgotten the name of it. Amazing how much work they are both doing, and perhaps that contributes to them looking great.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 08:25 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Loved it!

Jane Fonda looks great, but has a great surgeon!!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 01:04 PM  
donellda

I watched the series. I thought it was funny and gave a lot of insight into the aging population which I am becoming one of
donellda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite tv shows, off topic, off-topic