Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-15, 08:29 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I've been doing Rajio Taiso (Radio Exercise), a Japanese tradition for 80 years, as a wake-up routine. It's also a good lifting warmup.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 12:46 PM  
TinierTina

Routine and Rotations: The Relationship therein

With working out, I am first beginning to figure out how to cobble a rotation of workout modules, into a workout ... this workout has to be 5 of 7 days in the week for me, at least

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 01:35 PM  
violetblonde

There's this nice morning wake up kriya in Kundalini that you can do in bed:

http://www.pinklotus.org/-%20KY%20Kr...aking%20up.htm

For my part, my morning/pre work routine currently is coffee, KY (including a pranayama, a yoga kriya, and a meditation), dry body brushing, facial cupping, self massage with almond oil, and cold shower. Works like a charm...
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 04:37 PM  
cherimac

I am very much a routine lover. I homeschool so that helps me out.

Wake Up
Drink Water
Walk the dog 1/2 mile
Eat
Morning Devotion with iced coffee
Exercise

My kids get up after I eat and have their morning routines/chores. After I exercise I check on work progress, shower, work a bit more with them, and then it's lunch and another dog walk. I am a strange person who thrives on routine.
Old 08-02-15, 05:15 PM  
donnamp

My routine is:

Morning - coffee & book time
Main Workout of the day*

*varies depending on what I'm focusing on

Afternoon- On days I work in the office I try to get out for a 15-20 min walk, on days I work at home I try to get my dogs out for a walk (on weekends I try to get my dogs out for a walk also)

Evening - I have been adding on some yoga or a CS/Essentrics workout several nights a week. (Usually Sunday - Thursday)

I love hearing about everyone's routines!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 05:28 PM  
Tiny

I am a very structured person and LOVE my routine!

I wake up super early, pop my contacts in, grab my water and head to my workout room until about 5am. I then drink some milk, refresh my water, shower, fix coffee for DH and start getting ready for work.

It's almost a 12hour day for us with travel and work so by the time I get home, settle in I usually have time for a meditation/kriya. I go to bed around 8pm.

Violentblonde~I like the ego-eradicator kriya.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 05:40 PM  
deineira

I could have written Tiny's post too. I also tend to like routines and structure.
I get up and workout for 45-60 minutes daily. I even have the same rhythm of starting the coffee, starting the workout and doing the warm up, pouring a cup of coffee, then starting the main workout. I do this every week day. Saturdays are more fluid, but my weekday routine is the same daily.
I am usually following some kind of rotation, so my workouts are mapped out for me too.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 06:49 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I get up early just about every morning and do my workout. Lately that has been 30 to 40 min of cardio followed by short strength training. Usually 2 segments of SBF. It varies though. Sometimes Physique 57, Ellen Barrett, Barre3, or even more traditional strength training. I don't eat until after my workout, just my habit. I have always been this way. I have dialed down the intensity as I am getting older. No more high impact of any kind.
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-15, 01:25 AM  
ElisaB

I don't have a full daily workout routine, but most days I do a modified Sun Salutation that helps me wake up and stretch, and gives my heart rate a quick bump for a few minutes, to get the blood flowing!

I mix in a few leg lifts in between some of the poses and include some poses crescent lunge and warrior poses that I feel challenge my legs and my core because of the balance. I don't have time for a full workout in the morning (and my apartment is too small to workout while the rest of the family is sleeping), but this does the job until I come back from school drop-off and errands later on in the morning!

“You don't have to be perfect to be AMAZING
ElisaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-15, 06:56 AM  
mandie123

Wake up,make coffee,walk dog,feed dog & cat,eat ,than I workout for an hour.Usually something low impact or toning. I know if I don't get my morning workout in,it feels like the rest of the day is off! I will do 30 min-1hour workout in evening.
Violet Blonde-What is face cupping?

Tags
daily workouts, herbalife 24