Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-09-17, 10:49 AM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Still doing the MELT Method?

I just received Lauren Brooks email Blog Post on how she recently started the MELT Method and attended a certification course. Lauren is now teaching the course to her students and offers it on her Lauren's Playground.

My question does anyone still use the MELT method?

TIA
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-17, 01:47 PM  
BunnyHop

I do, mostly the hand and foot work.
Old 02-09-17, 02:06 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Yes! I swear by MELT! I do it several times a week. Without it, I feel soooo stiff.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-17, 02:43 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Anna that's the one I'm especially interested in as I have arthritis in my hands and my feet. So it really helps? I'm thinking of picking up the set for hands and feet but trying to decide to if I need the deluxe one instead.
Old 02-09-17, 02:44 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Nuggie's Auntie, do you use it for your entire body or a specific part?
Old 02-10-17, 10:05 AM  
Lannette

I still do it but not as often as I should. Whenever I do use it I'm amazed at how good I feel afterwards.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 10:11 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwelters View Post
Nuggie's Auntie, do you use it for your entire body or a specific part?
I usually do the rebalance segment and either the upper body or lower body. Sometimes I'll do the lower back release section, kind of depends on how I'm feeling. I don't have the balls, but I do typically run my feet over a small ball at least once a day and I'll rub one back and forth between my hands sometimes, too. I have two little boys, so there are always balls all over our house! If i see one, I'll pick up and do it for a few seconds.

I don't follow the videos all the time. I make it all very quick and easy. I don't do full segments usually the way Sue recommends. The videos are really helpful, but once you get the knack of it, you can do it on your own and it saves time. The vidoes, IMO, are too time consuming.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 12:19 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Thank you for your reply, that is really helpful.
Old 02-12-17, 06:03 PM  
SEV

I love to MELT. I believe it is very beneficial. For some reason I have a hard time remembering to do it, which is very unfortunate because I can tell it helps me feel better. I have very achy hips and they feel so much better when I melt. I took some classes this summer and that was a great way to try it before investing the money in the kit. I highly recommend getting the balls and the roller.

Susan
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-17, 06:51 PM  
winnie_p
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV View Post
I love to MELT. I believe it is very beneficial. For some reason I have a hard time remembering to do it, which is very unfortunate because I can tell it helps me feel better. I have very achy hips and they feel so much better when I melt. I took some classes this summer and that was a great way to try it before investing the money in the kit. I highly recommend getting the balls and the roller.

Susan
I want to ditto this entire post except that I never took classes. Otherwise, yes on everything. My left hip has been bothering me, and it's been ages since I last melted. Need to hop on the roller!
winnie_p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
melt method