Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-21-16, 02:57 AM  
SeekingWorkouts

Equipment needed for "Fit & Bendy Shoulder School"?

I was thinking about buying this one, because my right shoulder tends to get "crunchy" and uncomfortable during certain exercises and because I love Kristina's other DVDs.

Do I need any other equipment besides a resistance tube? I saw some of the people in the video clip using the tube while it was attached to a pole, but I don't have anything like that. Would I still be able to do most of the workouts with just the tube alone? Also, have any of you found something to use in place of the pole?

Thank you!
SeekingWorkouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 06:31 AM  
desie

I don't have this workout but I tried the exercises from the long clip posted by totalfitnessdvds. I did it outside with my laptop and a tree - afraid of wrecking something inside. There are a couple supplemental videos for this dvd, where Kristina explains how she's trying to balance the way the front and back muscles of the arm activate with the shoulder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWGvL9OL_x4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLze10ygce0
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-16, 06:15 AM  
SeekingWorkouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by desie View Post
I don't have this workout but I tried the exercises from the long clip posted by totalfitnessdvds. I did it outside with my laptop and a tree - afraid of wrecking something inside. There are a couple supplemental videos for this dvd, where Kristina explains how she's trying to balance the way the front and back muscles of the arm activate with the shoulder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWGvL9OL_x4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLze10ygce0
A tree? That's creative! Unfortunately, there are no trees in my backyard...

Thanks for the links, by the way. Those are interesting.

I-emailed Kristina about this, and she told me the resistance tube can be attached to anything that won't fall when the tube is being used.
Old 08-24-16, 08:37 AM  
SquishyMommy

I haven't watched clips of the video, so I don't know if this will help, but when my daughter was in physical therapy for her shoulder issues the therapist had her tie her resistance tube to a doorknob. There was always a door close so that made it easy. Just a suggestion!
Old 09-01-16, 08:08 AM  
SeekingWorkouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
I haven't watched clips of the video, so I don't know if this will help, but when my daughter was in physical therapy for her shoulder issues the therapist had her tie her resistance tube to a doorknob. There was always a door close so that made it easy. Just a suggestion!
About that...My bedroom door--I only work out in there or outdoors--can easily be pushed open by my small dog and cat. There's no way it could support a resistance band with a person attached! I don't think the closet door is sturdy enough, either.

My bookcase is probably my best bet. I got the DVD the other day...Now I'm just waiting on the resistance band to arrive.
Old 09-01-16, 04:33 PM  
fatkat555

What about wrapping the band around a pole, basketball goal for example?

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 06:21 PM  
SeekingWorkouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
What about wrapping the band around a pole, basketball goal for example?
I don't have access to a pole of any kind.
Old 09-01-16, 10:01 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

There are door attachment for resistance band.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 11:17 PM  
SeekingWorkouts

That door attachment just might work if I put something heavy against the door...

Thanks, AsSweetAsSugar!
Old 09-02-16, 01:32 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

You're welcome! I hope you can get it work or figure out something that work for you.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fit and bendy, kristina nekyia, shoulder school