Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-22-16, 09:54 AM  
Missiscipi

Tentative rave about Foundation Training

I started doing the Foundation Training 12 minute video last week - https://youtu.be/4BOTvaRaDjI

I have 2 herniated discs at L4/L5 and almost always have pain. Some days I am doing better but most days I have some degree of pain. After the first time doing this video I felt different. The pain minimized and my back just felt healthier. I make sure to do this after my workouts every day. I almost feel like a normal person again. I don't have the back pain in my head all the time and it is almost non existent. I try to utilize the "founder" when I do anything that involves bending over. I feel like I have a true light at the end of a very dark tunnel. Also, now I notice my glute bridges are much stronger now. I just got the 2 dvd set yesterday and did some of the segments on disc 1 this morning. I am hoping to continue to see improvements and completely be pain free.
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-16, 05:43 PM  
Terry

Awesome
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-16, 05:48 PM  
alisoncooks

How are the dvds similar/different than the youtube videos? (Same setting, same videos?)

I was interested in these when they were mentioned a while back, so I'd love to hear more about them if you feel like raving some more. (After all, Mother's Day is coming up and I need something to ask for! )
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-16, 11:52 AM  
donnamp

Thank you for sharing! I am a fellow back-pain sufferer - in fact, I'm having a bit of a flare up right now (I did something yesterday I shouldn't have done - not sure what!) so once this settles down I'm going to try this video out to hopefully keep future flare ups to a minimum.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-16, 11:58 AM  
lorajc

I wonder if they have neck vids.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-16, 05:59 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I have both of their DVD's but haven't looked at them in a long time. I'll have to see if they have neck on there. I don't recall any, but that doesn't mean anything. The second DVD had a lot more chaptering on it.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 01:49 PM  
Missiscipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
How are the dvds similar/different than the youtube videos? (Same setting, same videos?)

I was interested in these when they were mentioned a while back, so I'd love to hear more about them if you feel like raving some more. (After all, Mother's Day is coming up and I need something to ask for! )
Sorry for the late response! I tried a few disc 2 segments. The Youtube video that I did was only the founder and the lunge moves in it. The first segment I did on disc 2 had founder, one lunge segment, back extensions, 8 point plank and a bridge segment. I liked it! There is a hinge segment I started to do but had to stop because I had to go somewhere. Today I did the 6 minute flow segment. It was founder, hinged founder, plank, back extension, 8 point plank, pushup and back up to founder and then repeat.

I think it is worth it. I am already feeling stronger and have been able to start lifting heavier with my upper body. I am not getting too excited yet but I am super impressed by this. It could be a life changer. My pain has gone from a constant 5-8 range to a 0-2. I have to listen to him and follow his cues EXACT. I feel like if I do it wrong I could hurt myself. Because that is what I do. I tend to start daydreaming and get sloppy.
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-16, 02:46 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missiscipi View Post
Sorry for the late response! I tried a few disc 2 segments. The Youtube video that I did was only the founder and the lunge moves in it. The first segment I did on disc 2 had founder, one lunge segment, back extensions, 8 point plank and a bridge segment. I liked it! There is a hinge segment I started to do but had to stop because I had to go somewhere. Today I did the 6 minute flow segment. It was founder, hinged founder, plank, back extension, 8 point plank, pushup and back up to founder and then repeat.

I think it is worth it. I am already feeling stronger and have been able to start lifting heavier with my upper body. I am not getting too excited yet but I am super impressed by this. It could be a life changer. My pain has gone from a constant 5-8 range to a 0-2. I have to listen to him and follow his cues EXACT. I feel like if I do it wrong I could hurt myself. Because that is what I do. I tend to start daydreaming and get sloppy.
Thanks for taking the time to share all that! I'm definitely going to try out the youtube stuff and then decide if it feels right for my back. (I don't have constant pain, but I have to be careful about turning certain ways or I "freeze up".) Hope this continues to work well for you!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
foundation training