Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-15, 10:19 PM  
MARIKA

This site deserves so much credit. I can't imagine anywhere else that supports instructors like here.When we get on a bandwagon they have to notice the power we have here.
Old 07-14-15, 10:41 PM  
mizvespa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
This site deserves so much credit. I can't imagine anywhere else that supports instructors like here.When we get on a bandwagon they have to notice the power we have here.
I could not agree more! I have purchased multiple workouts based solely on feedback I've read on this forum.
Old 07-15-15, 12:32 AM  
in paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizvespa View Post
Thank you! It was actually my shoulder this time! It's okay, it's just time to move on and try something new! : )
Just a P.S. here because I didn't want to intrude in that other thread about your injury... I am extremely flexible like you, double-jointed, hyper-mobile, or whatever it's called nowadays in all but the one arm that I shattered my elbow and they set it wrong (it was set normal which isn't normal for me).

Anyways, one of the reasons I love HDM is that he goes slow enough and with enough control that I have adequate time pay attention to form -- so there's very little danger of tweaking anything. I really treasure this as it allows me to workout harder in the same amount of time (read: efficient) without fear of hurting myself.
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 05:31 PM  
mizvespa

Quote:
Originally Posted by in paris View Post
Just a P.S. here because I didn't want to intrude in that other thread about your injury... I am extremely flexible like you, double-jointed, hyper-mobile, or whatever it's called nowadays in all but the one arm that I shattered my elbow and they set it wrong (it was set normal which isn't normal for me).

Anyways, one of the reasons I love HDM is that he goes slow enough and with enough control that I have adequate time pay attention to form -- so there's very little danger of tweaking anything. I really treasure this as it allows me to workout harder in the same amount of time (read: efficient) without fear of hurting myself.
AWESOME! Thank you for sharing!! I'm excited to get started with him.
Old 07-15-15, 05:44 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

They do have great customer service. It's just him and Nina and you really get to know them on a more personal level. Plus, they both are active on the Hamelin FB page, which makes it really nice.

He's also very good at taking suggestions into consideration. I suggested that he slow down between exercises to give us time to set up for the next exercise, especially when you're going from the floor to standing and vice versa. For me, a 10 second count is all I need. He definitely has taken that suggestion.

What I also love about Hamelin is that he wants to know you and the type of workouts that you do and why, and he "reads" what you outline for him. He is 100% supportive of your goals, the workouts that you want to do, and he understands the method to your madness. For me, it's golden.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 11:18 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
I know. It's cool.
It's crazy how these threads have been growing - didn't see it coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
He's really worth it. I really like HDM.
Which workouts are you doing? Even though I semi-try to stick to a set plan I find myself wanting to try yet another one of the TON of Hamelin workouts I've been hoarding over time. Particularly this year, he's been releasing so much stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizvespa View Post
Thank you! It was actually my shoulder this time! It's okay, it's just time to move on and try something new! : )
Hope you feel better soon Like inparis mentions, I think the pace in Hamelin's workouts might help prevent injuries for you. I also think that the speed and the range of motion that TAM uses can become problematic for some peeps over time. My own injury with meta makes more sense after reading your other thread: I'm pretzel-grade flexible as well, so that's probably why I got hurt. But no worries - there will always be another awesome workout in store!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
They do have great customer service. It's just him and Nina and you really get to know them on a more personal level. Plus, they both are active on the Hamelin FB page, which makes it really nice.

He's also very good at taking suggestions into consideration. I suggested that he slow down between exercises to give us time to set up for the next exercise, especially when you're going from the floor to standing and vice versa. For me, a 10 second count is all I need. He definitely has taken that suggestion.

What I also love about Hamelin is that he wants to know you and the type of workouts that you do and why, and he "reads" what you outline for him. He is 100% supportive of your goals, the workouts that you want to do, and he understands the method to your madness. For me, it's golden.
Debbie, that's one of the things I love about HDM. Hamelin is really "there" and he listens to feedback. I even remember people asked for a rotation for people short on time and he put together something using some of his free workouts