Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-13, 06:15 PM  
kmissa

No weights

is anyone doing these without weights? i just realized the lightest i have are 3lbs, but I don't want to overdo it.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 06:27 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
The rec is every other day with a cardio day in between.
But, doing them every day works for some, like Leanne. I think doing them every day is fine.
REALLY appreciate this clarification! I had been wondering if these would work better with a cardio day in between each. At least for me, I need variety to keep from getting bored. While I love these and had been using them with TA and Tonique. I've started a new, exclusive DB rotation because I want to know exactly what these babies can do for a body. Very helpful!
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 07:03 PM  
hotncmom

I'm using the days in between to do walking, Kundalini yoga, and Restorative Exercise. I've been trying to figure out how to fit in Kundalini yoga and longer walks, so I'm happy to take a day in between.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 07:27 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmissa View Post
is anyone doing these without weights? i just realized the lightest i have are 3lbs, but I don't want to overdo it.
I think 3 pounds would be pretty tough -- I'm sure you could do them without weights. Some things you might be able to use your 3s for -- you could have them nearby. You might want to pick up something lighter -- I know it sounds crazy, but you might. I actually went out and bought one pounders even though I had 2 pounds already. The 2s felt too hard in the beginning, so I used 1s for a while and now I'm back to 2s.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 07:32 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmissa View Post
Three pounds would be KILLER with these workouts!! Maybe would work for some exercises but for most it would be too much, you would be dying! I used mostly 1# and 2# weights. They are really inexpensive. You could always do no weights for some of the exercises, but others really need some resistance in the form of weights.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 07:52 PM  
kmissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
Three pounds would be KILLER with these workouts!! Maybe would work for some exercises but for most it would be too much, you would be dying! I used mostly 1# and 2# weights. They are really inexpensive. You could always do no weights for some of the exercises, but others really need some resistance in the form of weights.
thx, I remembered I have some 2lb weight plates from LMP and I'm going to run out and get some 1bs tomorrow since they'll be super cheap...I swear i got sore just watching a few of the videos...i'm so glad they went on sale...this looks like a good challenge, esp w. summer right around the corner.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 08:03 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I finally attempted my first workout in this set. Based on Sue's list I tried Bikini Bootcamp this morning.

Overall, I enjoyed it, because it was kickboxing inspired. I only did the first 25 minutes, I think. I stopped when the curtsy lunge to side kicks started. This was an add-on, so I had a specific time that I need to end my workouts.

So far, the only real negatives is how fast the front back kicks are. It's impossible to go at that pace without sacrificing form. The modifier kept forgetting that she was modifying, and the gal who led this class never shut up. Honestly, I think these workouts would be so much better with much less talking. I downloaded that DB lookalike workout and that instructor could be a Darby clone!

I'll do the rest of the workout tomorrow morning.
I agree with everything you said here!

I did this one today and my major quibble with this workout is the rapid fire kicks. I couldn't believe how fast they went. Finally I stopped looking at the screen and went at my own pace.

So far this is my least favorite. I didn't mind the instructor too much. I guess I am getting used to all the chatter. I have so many kickboxing workouts that I prefer and this one makes Turbo Fire look so much mellower in comparison.

I did get a good workout, but this is the easiest of the ones I have tried so far. I liked the floor work.

I definitely will try this one again, so I can pass final judgement since I know what I can expect and modify to make it work for me. It definitely won't happen by watching the non-modifier!

Has anyone tried playing their own music yet? I really need good music for cardio.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 08:34 PM  
hotncmom

So tomorrow is my Dream Body day...I guess I will do Barre next since it is the third easiest. I've already done Fusion w/ Brooke and Bikini Bootcamp. I'm actually pretty excited to try a new one in the morning.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 09:41 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
So tomorrow is my Dream Body day...I guess I will do Barre next since it is the third easiest. I've already done Fusion w/ Brooke and Bikini Bootcamp. I'm actually pretty excited to try a new one in the morning.
This is my plan exactly! Tomorrow is Barre. I'm excited for it too, especially since it's been ages since I've done any barre, and I miss it. I took today off. I'm also not getting sore from these either, like others have mentioned. But, I also rarely get doms anymore from any workout, for whatever reason.

These workouts are so fun...I'm really glad so many of us were able to get them!!
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-13, 09:45 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
Has anyone tried playing their own music yet? I really need good music for cardio.
I would like to know this too. This is totally my plan for when I get more familiar with these, especially with Bikini Bootcamp.
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
death by workout, dream body, flailing limbs, fun workouts, yippy chihuahua