Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-11-12, 02:39 PM  
cardiomama

Welcome, flowerpotcat/Kathleen!
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 07:03 PM  
Browneyedgirll78

New but I already joined a challenge/checkin

Hi y'all! I'm new here. Found y'all when lurking on the collage forums a few weeks back. Already I have learned a lot and have been enabled a lot too!!!!
Reading all of the threads is very motivating, but also very enabling...hehe! I was formerly in to a lot of heavy weight, high impact stuff, but since entering my 30 s I have had a chronic SI joint/ IT band issue, as well as recovering from 4 years of misdiagnosed celiac disease, so I have dialed the intensity / impact back some and am really exploring barre/ ballet, yoga and walking/ Leslie! I have some weight to lose, so I am a little anxious about losing the impact, but feel it is the right thing for me to do right now.

Also, I am a SAHM to 3 sweet kids ages 9, 7, and 3. Married for 13 years to my high school sweetheart! Love to read and learn about almost anything, but especially health, fitness, nutrition, religion/ theology and cultural/sociology issues. So happy to be here!

Claire
Browneyedgirll78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-12, 12:39 PM  
patchworkpenguin

welcome, glad to have you join us!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-12, 01:02 AM  
Sharaz

HI, I'm a VIDIOT from Puerto Rico. Joined video fitness a couple of months ago, but I'm a regular collage customer. I have being enjoying the forum and discussions very much. I was involved in sports in school and college, and then enrolled on a gym where I used to take live classes. Started using videos around 2005 due to my crazy schedules.

I'm into high intensity. Right now my routine is hitting the gym for my weekly leg/plyo workout, kettebells, aero jump/sculpt, and zuzana's ZWOW's. I also run xterras, 5k and 10k for recreation once in a while. Lately, have being dreading running after training and completing divas half past november. The only rotations I have completed are Insanity & Rushfit, and because I knew from the get go that it was my workout type.

Over the years, I have learned my videos and instructors tastes. I mix my workouts regularly because I get bore easy. Nothing is in writing in my world! This site is very helpful because I get informed about new releases and check the workout reviews before making my purchases decisions. This is a wonderful community!
Old 02-12-12, 01:00 PM  
Tiny

Welcome SharazPR! Don't you just love Zuzka's new ZWOW?!?! What a fabulous quote! I just love that man!!!!!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-12, 08:10 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Welcome SharazPR! Don't you just love Zuzka's new ZWOW?!?! What a fabulous quote! I just love that man!!!!!
thank you! I go by the quote each day, I know that I have to workout no matter how tire I'm am in order to be fit and look the way I want to.

I knew about Bodyrock, but found the late workouts hard to follow. You know the intervals and to much equipment. Also, I'm better following repetitions count because I feel I focus more on form. I clicked with and will only follow Zuzka! I love the new workouts concept by following her and the breakdowns at the beginning. Plus she is a killer
Old 02-17-12, 03:28 PM  
Aunt Famous

Greetings, all!

I am an almost 44 year-old exerciser with a long history of home workouts. I remember playing the Jane Fonda workout on my tape deck in high school, and eventually moved on to The Firm in the late 80s. Ah, memories. Glad that video workouts are still around. Probably even more glad that the clothing used in those workouts has changed considerably.

Although I go in phases between gym and home, home and gym, right now I work out with a trainer once a week, teach a spin class once a week, and train at home four days a week. (I can't seem to quite graduate from anything, but that's okay, too.) I currently love dance videos (because who among us doesn't like to mortify our teenagers with our mad hip hop skillz?), kettlebells, AWT, and yes, even a little yoga and pilates for those mellow days. (My 100 pound dog loves, loves, loves my sticky mat, so that's an obstacle I must overcome. Otherwise, it's smooth sailing, baby.)

Happy to have found this forum. You all understand the never-ending lure of a new DVD and a bargain price, even if my DH does not. You all understand why I need that heavier kettlebell. And you all have already enabled me; the Leslie threads inspired me to try her out. (My knees thank you.)

Talk to you soon!
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 04:14 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or check-in group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable, so find one that inspires you and just post to join!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 10:32 AM  
Violet

Hi, I'm new! Unlike everyone else, I'm almost totally new to video fitness.

I broke my knee last summer and need to workout to finish recovering. I'm just a weak, skinny, flabby girl with a bum leg. I don't want to be sedentary any more! I want to dance! I want a booty, too!

Currently I'm a SAHM and I have a one year old. I've been with my DH for 10 years.

My budget is small. I'm trying to save money, too. I'm trying to make this as affordable as possible.

So, hello!
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 01:24 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Violet - Welcome to VF. Hopefully, you can find the info you need to build an exercise program. I'm another person who started exercising around the time I found VF. Some suggestions:

1. Decide what you want to do and then go find workouts that find those parameters. That will save you from bandwagons and products that aren't useful to you. Feel free to start threads to ask your questions. People around here are pretty friendly.

2. Read reviews. Some people who find the forum aren't aware of the reviews database here. They are real reviews written by people here on VF and are better than your average review out there on the Internet.

3. You might want to consider a check in. They are all in an area on the forum and give small group accountability. They also let you get to know a small group of people better.

Whatever you do, plunge in and have fun.

Quote:
Happy to have found this forum. You all understand the never-ending lure of a new DVD and a bargain price, even if my DH does not. You all understand why I need that heavier kettlebell. And you all have already enabled me; the Leslie threads inspired me to try her out. (My knees thank you.)
Just don't try to blame us for purchases, Aunt Famous. DHs don't tend to count VFers as true role models. Welcome to VF!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread