Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-01-11, 11:32 AM  
Mitch Brahen

Workouts

I get good results doing "Jane Fonda's Challenge". Does anyone know of other workouts similar to Jane's Challenge?
Mitch
Old 06-01-11, 01:01 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Mitch - I'm not familar with that workout, so I can't help. You might want to start a thread in the General Discussion asking it. Somebody is bound to have an answer and they might not see your question in this thread. Good luck finding something!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-11, 03:44 PM  
Mitch Brahen

Jane Fonda

I like the Jane Fonda Challenge. If anyone has done this workout since it has so much repetitive upper body toning, how is it classified? I'd like a newer workout like this, with the same results.Any help?
Old 09-03-11, 10:49 PM  
Jewels5

Official Introduction

Hello! I have posted a few times but would like to officially introduce myself since I've been lurking for some time now. I officially joined a couple years ago when I discovered the reviews online, but have become an official lurker of the forums in the past few months!

I am a stay-at-home mom of 5 kids, ages 13, 10, 8, 5, and 3. I left my gym when my youngest was born, and have since become a vidiot.

I was mostly doing Cathe F.'s workouts until early this year (made it through 10 weeks of STS) when I was diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent surgery followed by treatment. I am happy to say the cancer was caught early. I recently finished chemo and have just started radiation. My workouts have taken on a whole new level that I have come to appreciate. But thanks to these forums I have discovered so many other options! I had never tried barre workouts before and they have become a new favorite!

I look forward to "meeting" you!

Sincerely,
Julie
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 06:18 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Julie - Welcome out of lurkdom. I look forward to seeing you out and about on VF. It's great that the cancer was caught early and that you are moving through the treatments. With that many kids at those ages, you obviously are a busy lady. I can see how workouts at home would come in handy.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-06-11, 01:20 PM  
stitchywitch

Introducing myself

Hi all! I have been lurking here for a month or so, and I've decided it's time to join in the discussions! I took up working out for the first time since college this year, in an attempt to reframe my ideas about fitness, which were still shaped by bad experiences with gym teachers and coaches growing up. I started doing exercise dvds a few months ago, after admitting that my schedule makes regular gym attendance impossible. I'm a piano and voice teacher, as well as a working musician. I teach out of my home, so videos are ideal for me - I can do them at night after I finally finish with whatever rehearsal I've been to!

I love Barre (the Bar method and Core Fusion are my favorites.) I also like fusion workouts. I have yet to find any cardio that I like besides the elliptical and Leslie Sansone dvds, but I'm hoping to. I'm looking forward to joining in - I love the positivity of this board!
stitchywitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 10:52 PM  
Diane135

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywitch View Post
Hi all! I have been lurking here for a month or so, and I've decided it's time to join in the discussions! I took up working out for the first time since college this year, in an attempt to reframe my ideas about fitness, which were still shaped by bad experiences with gym teachers and coaches growing up. I started doing exercise dvds a few months ago, after admitting that my schedule makes regular gym attendance impossible. I'm a piano and voice teacher, as well as a working musician. I teach out of my home, so videos are ideal for me - I can do them at night after I finally finish with whatever rehearsal I've been to!

I love Barre (the Bar method and Core Fusion are my favorites.) I also like fusion workouts. I have yet to find any cardio that I like besides the elliptical and Leslie Sansone dvds, but I'm hoping to. I'm looking forward to joining in - I love the positivity of this board!
Welcome to VF!
Diane135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 08:08 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Stitchywitch - I have a feeling you'll fit in just fine here. There are a lot of PE rejects on this board and once in awhile there'll be a discussion of memories, good and bad. You've probably noticed that there is also a lot of talk about barre workuts. Feel free to jump right in.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-07-11, 08:18 AM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Julie - Welcome out of lurkdom. I look forward to seeing you out and about on VF. It's great that the cancer was caught early and that you are moving through the treatments. With that many kids at those ages, you obviously are a busy lady. I can see how workouts at home would come in handy.
Thanks Laura.

Julie
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 11:24 AM  
Tiny

Greetings from New Orleans! Newbie here but have been quite the lurker. I have gotten some great information from you guys, so thank you for that!

I have been working out at home for about 17 years now. I started with Gin Miller and gradually found Cathy soon after. Now I am into KCM, Illaria Montagnani and still Cathe. I have other workout dvds but these are who I stick with most. Oh and because of this forum I have fallen in with Bodyrock! Bodyrock is definitely done three or four times a week sometiimes five! Thank you so much for Bodyrock!

See ya in posting!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread