Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-03-20, 09:36 PM  
sherry7899

For Elton John Fans

Elton John's you tube channel is adding full length concerts each Friday starting today.

The first one was on HBO in 1976. We have a crappy bootleg version, so it is great to see a good copy! Enjoy!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 09:37 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i am a fan! thanks.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 09:39 PM  
sherry7899

You are welcome! Here is a link:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UHYo2aaxEM4

Old 07-04-20, 01:45 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Aww, thank you Sherry! I love Elton. I saw him numerous times in concert during the 70's.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 05:17 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
Aww, thank you Sherry! I love Elton. I saw him numerous times in concert during the 70's.
You are so lucky! I was too young. I have only seen him once. My older sister was at his Madison Square Garden show when John Lennon showed up!

Old 07-04-20, 12:49 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
You are so lucky! I was too young. I have only seen him once. My older sister was at his Madison Square Garden show when John Lennon showed up!
ooo- she was lucky!! that iconic appearance was recorded on the "B Side" of Elton's 45 single "Philadelphia Freedom." and i read about it in magazine articles, and finally in EJ's biography "Me" which is a wonderful read if you haven't had a chance to read it. i also listened to the audio version - read by Taron Egerton the actor who portrayed him in Rocketman.

EDITED - corrected the single and Taron Egerton

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 01:03 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks! Yes, we have his biography.

The actor who played Elton in Rocketman was in the movie Billy Elliott.

Old 07-05-20, 10:42 AM  
Sollamyn

Thanks! I love him and wanted to marry him when I was a teenager in the 70s. (But it didn't work out, for more than one obvious reason!)

Donna