Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-02-20, 09:51 AM  
IceQueen07

Rotation

I am a rotation person, I like when the rotation is just already done and all I have to do is pick that workout for that day and I am not good at creating a balanced one myself. I am looking for a rotation that incorporates heavier weights and boxing on alternating days. Anyone have a good one they use? I am doing one right now that is using KCM RAW/DVD, but am still looking for others.

Thanks.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 10:11 AM  
Tugger31

You could alternate the strength workouts from Cathe's RWH or the strength from STS Mesocycle 3 with the cardio/MMA workouts from the STS Shock Cardio dvds or with any of her other kickboxing workouts. Or use Ilaria's Power Strikes.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 12:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I often look to Cathe's rotations for inspiration. They are in her forum. You could look for a strength building rotation and sub in like KCM workouts if you prefer KCM.
Old 06-02-20, 01:04 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
You could alternate the strength workouts from Cathe's RWH or the strength from STS Mesocycle 3 with the cardio/MMA workouts from the STS Shock Cardio dvds or with any of her other kickboxing workouts. Or use Ilaria's Power Strikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I often look to Cathe's rotations for inspiration. They are in her forum. You could look for a strength building rotation and sub in like KCM workouts if you prefer KCM.
Thanks - those are both ideas to look into. I like both Cathe and KCM. Never done Ilaria's workouts.

**Candice**
Old 06-02-20, 01:41 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

michael olajide has some pretty good boxing workouts. he did one with Kathy smith and it still stands the test of time.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 02:20 PM  
Tugger31

I forgot to mention Susan Chung's RapidFire workouts are also really good kickboxing workouts as well.
Old 06-02-20, 05:08 PM  
IceQueen07

do any of them have actual rotations, not just random videos?

**Candice**
Old 06-02-20, 05:20 PM  
Tugger31

No rotations for Ilaria or Susan as far as I know.
Old 06-02-20, 07:06 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
michael olajide has some pretty good boxing workouts. he did one with Kathy smith and it still stands the test of time.
I feel like you are stalking my eBay purchases, lol I just received that Kathy Smith workout from eBay because it was the only Michael O. DVD I didn't own. Then I saw your post about Gunnar Peterson's stability ball workouts on the other thread, and just a couple weeks ago I made another eBay purchase of a large lot of his workouts! If you are getting ready to post or have recently posted about Violet Zaki, I'm going to get scared!!

(I hope you know that was all tongue in cheek We must be on the same vidiot wavelength!)
Old 06-02-20, 07:12 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I feel like you are stalking my eBay purchases, lol I just received that Kathy Smith workout from eBay because it was the only Michael O. DVD I didn't own. Then I saw your post about Gunnar Peterson's stability ball workouts on the other thread, and just a couple weeks ago I made another eBay purchase of a large lot of his workouts! If you are getting ready to post or have recently posted about Violet Zaki, I'm going to get scared!!

(I hope you know that was all tongue in cheek We must be on the same vidiot wavelength!)
haha!! it just means that great minds think alike!

if you like Violet, do you have the ones released by Acacia? i have many of Violet's workouts too from way back. i have a several where she is a cast member too.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bokken, boxing, heavy weights, rotation, rotations, sword