Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-01-20, 08:10 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Friends in Fitness - June 2020

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Happy and Healthy June to all!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 07:50 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 56 minute walk and that was it. I was just getting ready to start some pilates when I got a phone call from a friend who I haven't heard from in awhile. By the time I was done I lost my mojo. I am planning a walk and hopefully I'll get to the pilates today. My hair stylist texted me last night because the salons are opening at the end of June. So my gray hair experiment will be over on June 27

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-02-20, 09:08 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started on the June thread, SB. I think a 56 minute walk is enough for one day! Often, often is for me, anyway.

Yesterday, I played tennis for the first time this season. It was cool enough that we played for 2 hours before we knew it. We're supposed to play again this afternoon.
Old 06-02-20, 03:18 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Sunday I did 45m weight workout with Fitness Blender. I wasn't thrilled with this one it was Tabata style but we repeated the same exercise 8 times. Well, they did, anyway. I started adding different exercises.

Today I did Weeks 3 and 6 from Walk at Home on YT. Sadly I think I've done all the free ones.

We got news that Hubby's job at the school will resume mid June so that's a relief. Next week is the Knitting Meeting at church. I'm terrified that after all these weeks of not having any reason to get up early we'll sleep through the alarm!

Our church opened up for services Sunday but we both felt Yucky so stayed home. I've had a sinus headache for the past 3 days but I think its finally going away.

Thanks you guys for the condolences on my friends. It was quite a surprise in both cases.

SB, glad to hear you have an appointment to get your hair done. I got mine cut and I feel much better. I think she cut about 3 inches off.

Nora, great job on your tennis workout! Always good to have fun!

Stay well.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 08:06 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 55 minute walk, part of it with DH. I was just feeling a little tired and unmotivated so I didn't add on. I am planning a walk today and I really hope I get some pilates in. They are expecting more heavy thunderstorms this afternoon so I have to go for my walk soon.

NORA, great job with the tennis! I've been meaning to ask you how your DD is doing with the rioting going on in NYC. I hope she's staying safe. It must be terrifying.

PENGUIN, nice job with your workouts. Repeating an exercise 8 times???? Oh no way is that happening for me. I'm happy to hear hubby with be going back to the school job soon. It sounds like all your activities are opening up.
That must feel good. Hope that sinus headache is gone.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 06-03-20, 09:00 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

I played tennis again yesterday. Today, I did Step Boss PHA3. Well....most of it. also a 30 minute walk.

SB - Thanks for asking! She is staying well away from all that, although in complete sympathy with peaceful protesters. Two reasons: covid fears and green card fears. (At least, that's what she tells her mom.)

PP- Things sound like they are getting back to normal for you. I hope it lasts. Does Hubs job keep going through the summer?

They repeated the same exercise 8 times? fugettaboutit!
Old 06-04-20, 08:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 62 minute walk and finally got to my pilates, Element Targeted Toning for Beginners, lower body sculpt and core strengthener.
I am planning a walk today and hopefully more pilates. I have to walk soon again because the humidity and heat are building up here.

NORA, great job with the tennis, Cathe and walk. I am glad to hear your DD is staying safe. She sounds very sensible.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!!
Old 06-05-20, 08:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 69 minute walk, part of it with DH, Winsor's Endless Fitness Strength & Body Slimming, and 80 kettlebell swings after dinner. It's supposed to rain most of today, it's threatening as I type, so I have to get out there asap for my walk. I may do some pilates too. I'm enjoying doing pilates lately.
I remember I had nice results several summers ago doing mostly walking and pilates but it feels good too, even without the aesthetic results.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 06-05-20, 04:00 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Stupid headache finally went away! We went out to my parents yesterday, Hubby and Dad worked on the car and Mom and I talked.

Today's workout was Up To The Beat's Disney workout. Songs from Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Frozen. Not the old ones I remember from the original movies but the remakes. Made me feel old! But it got me up and moving

I mentioned to Hubby that today is national donut day so while he was out he brought back a dozen donuts. sigh Not what I needed when I'm trying to lose quarantine pounds!

SB, that was a lot of workout yesterday! Its storming now but we didn't get a lot of rain.

Nora, His boss says he wants to get him 'under contract" though the fall. We don't know much about how schools operate but apparently they go by yearly contracts. Joy. The pay is good, but they will be playing catch up for a while trying to make up for lost time. This program is slightly different from a regular college schedule. I believe the classes are shorter but there are more of them. When Hubby went through this 30 years ago he went 9-5, 5 days a week until he finished one class, then started another class just like the first.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 08:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 50 minute walk and that was it. It was muggy and I had some chores I wanted to get done. Today is hot and muggy again but I do plan on walking and possibly more. I used to enjoy going to the park to walk in the muggy summer weather because there was always a nice breeze from the lake and the trees. But I just can't imagine walking for an hour with a mask on. I find them very uncomfortable and hard to breathe. I'm even debating about cancelling my hair appt at the end of the month because I dread wearing the mask during a cut and color. I'll have to keep thinking on that one.

PENGUIN, thankfully the headache is finally gone! Nice workout and visit with your parents. That's encouraging that the school wants to offer hubby a contract.

Waves to all. Have a great day!