Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-20, 09:03 AM  
cherimac

PN Joint Gentle Pilates

Carol~I definitely believe that after becoming menopausal and turning 50. Now at 55 I just go with what my body needs and am trying to embrace the softness that comes with aging.

Christine~work is weird. It's a mind shift to open and then close the store. But it's been good to be back.
Old 06-03-20, 02:44 PM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

Walk
Shaped by Faith S1: Pilates with Props

Cheri, I'm glad things are going well.

Donna, I'm happy to hear you are feeling better today!

Carol, that's great about the nurse! Good luck with your blood work too, I don't like it either!

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 07:12 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts were:

PahlaB - Weight Loss Over 50 - Day 6 - 24 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Sculpt & Sweat with Weights - 15 minutes

Pahla's workout was a standing abs workout that ended up being a little bit cardio as well. I was definitely glistening by the time I finished.

My bloodwork was awful . I've got to have a glucose test next week - plus several other things are not where they need to be. I suspect that all of this would be better if I hadn't gained weight the last 18 months. Yuck, yuck, yuck! At least my mammogram came back clear and my bone density scan showed improvement (with no meds).

Christine - Nice job! Those episodes are a good length for you!

Cheri - I believe it as well - I just can't do what I used to do. Being a naive person, I somehow thought if I exercised all my life, then aging just wouldn't affect me like it otherwise would. I'm sure exercising has helped, but I'm still aging...

Dana - I haven't done that one, but Pahla does chatter a lot. I think it doesn't bother me as much because generally I'm not around a lot of talkers during the day, and we never have the TV on - "quiet" is almost always happening around my house, so I can tolerate brief bursts of chatter. Or maybe I'm just good at tuning her out.

Donna - Jessica's workout sounds like a nice one! I know that accomplishing something - even if it's small - always makes me feel less stressed. Maybe that means we should always have something we can finish on our to do list. It's hot here as well - supposed to stay in the mid to upper 90's for the foreseeable future. Summer got here in a hurry.

Waves to Brenda and Linda.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 07:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Leslie's Walk 15 - 4 Mile walk - first two miles. If the weather doesn't allow for an outdoor walk later, I will add the 3rd and maybe 4th mile on later today - we'll see how my step count looks. Honestly, I'm using the step count as more of an indication of how much I'm sitting each day - yesterday at the end of the day I barely had 1,000 steps so I did one of Jenny Ford's marching workouts (Texas), b/c it was too hot to walk outside.

Jessica Valent - Renew & Restore - a stretchy routine.

Carol - well, good news about your mammo and bone density! I am behind on my mammo due to COVID - I have a dr's appointment at the end of July so I'll go around that time frame. Although I haven't gained weight (at least not that I can tell - I haven't worn "real" pants since I have been working from home, LOL! And, I don't weigh myself) my eating habits have gone downhill. As much of a "chore" as it was to prepare my lunches/snacks for work, it did help keep me on track with eating better. Honestly, I really should go back to doing that even w/ working from home. I think it will help me not graze all day if I do that. Or pick stuff I ordinarily wouldn't have access to. I hope all of the rest of the bloodwork comes into normal range!

Cheri - Pahla mentions frequently that lower estrogen levels make us unable to recover from stress (and exercise can be perceived as stress to the body) so although we can do all the things we used to do we don't bounce back from them as quickly or as easily.

Christine - Nice job w/ your workouts!

Dana - Yea, Pahla talks non-stop, I don't really mind though - it passes the time.....

Waves, everyone - hope you have a good day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 04:17 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Pahla B 20 Minute Low Impact Cardio

I was looking for something short and not too difficult just to get me moving today and this was perfect. I like how it was simple and straight forward. Yes, her chatting is non-stop though, lol.

So the good news about my blood work is that my fasting insulin recheck came back normal! The first reading was a lab error because they had taken it after the glucose drink. My doctor did say that my high levels after having the drink were still too high, so I do have to be careful with carbs & sugar from now on.

Donna, I hear you about living in lounge pants and my eating has gone downhill too. I tried staying in a routine when the shelter in place first started, but that flew out the window!

Carol, I'm sorry about your blood work. I had to do the glucose tolerance test with mine. Is yours 1 or 3 hours? Mine was 3 hours. I'm glad your other tests were good. My mammo got postponed until the end of this month, so I'll have that pleasure soon - sarcasm!

Waves to everyone!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 04:45 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I haven't done anything today except going grocery shopping. People are everywhere and it's very hot out. I am miserable during hot and sunny days and my motivation is low and so is my mood. On my way to the store I drove through historic downtown of my small city (I actually live in downtown district) and everything was being boarded up. I guess we're expecting protesters tomorrow and I hope it stays peaceful but you always have that handful that has another agenda. This is all very depressing because the small businesses were supposed to partially reopen tomorrow. Hard to stay positive with all that.

I'm hoping I'm doing better tomorrow and can check in with a workout and some personals.
Old 06-04-20, 07:52 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Wednesday: 40 min walk/read
Thursday: 30 min. step

I really need to get some strength stuff in tomorrow.

Carol, you asked about my kiddos a couple of days ago... I don't mind the question at all! I have 5 boys ages 23 down to 13.5 years old.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 07:04 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workouts were:

PahlaB - Weight Loss Over 50 - Day 7 - 20 minutes;
Walk - 30 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Quick Total Body Pilates - 13 minutes

Pahla's workout was a simple weight workout, with 50 second intervals. She did a series of exercises and we repeated the circuit once, and then capped it off with a finisher. It wasn't bad - I used 4 lb weights. She does a lot of stuff with your hands above your head (holding weights) and that seriously limits the amount of weight I pick up. I've settled on 2lbs and 4lbs for her workouts, at least until I get stronger.

We had a hot day - close to 100 - and then some clouds and showers rolled in. It was so nice at 8 PM I just had to go for a walk. No dogs, their behavior on walks tends to stress me out these days - I know it's all my fault (bad or no training), but one thing at a time right now.

Brenda - Oh wow! I'll bet your house is lively! We have one family at school that has 5 boys and I always think that there's probably no silence in that house, ever.

Dana - I'm so sorry! That sucks, plain and simple. We have been fortunate here - one peaceful protest in broad daylight and nothing else.

Christine - The nurse said it was a two hour test. I've never had it done before. I guess I will take my crochet and sit in the car and hope it is pleasant. Planning on doing it next Friday morning. Things at work are too crazy until then. I will finally get my tuition invoices for next year mailed out today - which isn't too far behind my normal mailing date of June 1st - but normally I have them done weeks in advance. The rest of June will be planning and catching up - then our Fiscal Year ends June 30th, and it's time to start getting ready for our audit in the fall. Good grief.

Waves to Donna and Cheri.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 07:13 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Checking in with:

Pahla B Weight Loss Day 3 - 23 min
ePilates Core Challenge Day 3 - 27 min

Pahla's moderate cardio/no equipment workout was fine. Time flew by. I loved Emma's Bangkok Pool Intermediate Ab Focus class (Day 3) was fantastic! Challenging enough but with no overkill. As other Core Challenge classes I did this week, this one was also more or less full body but with emphasis on the core.

I have to go to the office this morning so I'll better get going. It's going to be another long, sunny and hot day here today. Ugh. But, Illinois has entered phase 3 of reopening and my hair stylist is back in business! I have an appointment with him on the 22nd and this really lifted my spirits.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'll be back with more chat later. Waves to all!
Old 06-05-20, 09:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I switched gears and did an Essentrics workout. It was one from the challenge lead by Gail - it was good routine - standing and then some floorwork.

My challenge, as always, is to fit everything I like to do and everything I need to do into a rotation/plan!

MVA (DMV but in MD) is open now and my DD's road test is scheduled for 6/19. They are doing it completely differently now - all they have to do to pass is pull into a space, back into a space, and do a 3 point turn - the inspector is going to grade them from OUTSIDE the car. I hope she does ok! It is odd that they are not driving on the road at all.

It has been a stressful morning dealing with various issues. Hopefully the day picks up and turns around soon.

waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote