Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-02-20, 03:28 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Goodness, Anita, you've got us beat with the heat. We're not quite to 90 yet (but getting there). Are you watching the original Battlestar Galactica or the remake? I only watched the original, and only because of Dirk Benedict. Was it very depressing? I can't remember.

Paula, my checkup with the primary is next week and the endo the week after. No one has told me not to come in. I guess I'm not considered at-risk quite yet. I called the doctor's nurse and told her about the labs not being ordered. She said the lab had been told that anytime one of their patients came in needing labs, they should do a "rainbow" lab, and then the doctor could tell them which tests they wanted to be done. I assume rainbow means fill a vial for every cap color. Then they can use what they want. She was pretty upset that the lab didn't do that and apologized because I need to go back.

Today I did a Virtual Active bike ride and two Sarah Beth Yoga segments on YouTube. I signed up for her 7-day challenge, 15 minutes a day, which started yesterday. I didn't do yesterday's practice, so today I played catchup. And now I feel as if I need a nap.

Everyone have a good evening.
Old 06-02-20, 08:15 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Warm here today but not hot. DH went to the boat and I did some shopping after my dental appointment. I went to three stores to find toilet bowl clearner - what's up with that!? Who hoards toilet bowl cleaner? When I found my preferred brand I bought the maximum allowed - four bottles.

The powers that be want us to shop every two weeks - who can do that? You just can't find what you need doing that. Also, even if I could, I don't have the storage space.

Anita, is Zoom easy? Do you like it? When I use it on Friday for my medical exam it will be my first time using zoom. I hope someone can talk me through it.

Dede, my doctor's office called yesterday and said my insurance company wants me to do an zoom wellness exam rather than an in office exam. I'm surprised my doctor didn't order the usual lab work in advance so she could go over it with me, she usually does. But this is a whole new world for all of us. Let me know how you like the Sarah Beth Yoga Challenge.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 08:36 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today turned into a busy day. I did laundry, did some crafting, did a YouTube workout - an old Exercise TV workout by Kendall Hogan - talked to a couple of tutoring clients, one new and one I've met with already, and went to a get together with my small group from church. We met in the church parking lot. We sat in the shade of a tree in a socially distanced circle and the parents of school-aged kids brought the kids and their bikes and they had a blast riding around the enormous parking lot. One woman brought her dog. It was a beautiful and cool evening and we had a good time interacting in person.

We have had a couple of beautiful and cool days, but we are headed to the 90s by Thursday. Still, I'll take it if the is out.

Dede - Oh, I'm not artistic at all. I watch a lot of online videos and produce my version of the simple options I watch. I ignore people who talk about how easy it is to be artistic. It's ridiculous that the lab didn't take care of you the first time. Hopefully, they will be better the next time. It's hard to be motivated these days to do productive stuff (for me at least). I have no problem being motivated to goof off.

Anita - I'm so jealous. How does it feel to be light-headed after the haircut? My haircut is scheduled a week from today. I'm hoping I can last that long...

Paula - The goal of the camp is to lead you through creating a smash book. A smash book is a journal in which you document whatever part(s) of life you want to include in it and you can have anything in it from writing journal entries. to adding in pictures, decoration, ephemera that's relevant (tickets, documentation pieces, etc.) They'll cover different artistic techniques like using pocket pages, using stencils and/or stamps, layering techniques, how to choose colors, etc.

Be aware with Zoom that you will need to download a small program/app the first time you log onto it. All of the platforms of this type require that. It should prompt you through the process when you click on the link. You might want to start the process a few minutes before the appointment time to get that done.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 06:53 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the waterfowl nursery today, getting groceries and walking Gus. We had hot weather yesterday then a front of LOTS of rain, then a cooler night. Today will be warm but not humid supposedly.

I'm sooooo happy to have cut hair now! Yay!

Dede, I'm watching the remake of Battlestar Galactica - lots of violence shown that makes it hard to see these days.

Paula, toilet bowl cleaner? Weird that that would be in shortage these days. I'm no Miss Housekeeper, but doubt I'd use a bottle in a full year... Zoom is pretty easy - there's an internet version and then its own app - I'd recommend getting the app to download and sign in. Usually the person setting up the meeting will email you the link to it and its a simple load it and go. I don't send video or sound to the meeting when I'm taking a class from my end, but you in an appointment with your doctor will be using that.

Laura, nice to meet with people even at a distance - I felt that way seeing my haircutters yesterday.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 07:40 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Again, it turned into a busy day. I did some low weight, high rep strength work and I walked in the afternoon when I took DH to his PT appointment. I did some crafting and worked on a blog post and took DH to his PT appointment. This evening, I had a tutoring session because the woman couldn't make Zoom work. I had asked her if she has ever used Zoom and she said, "Every day!" Yeah, on her phone, not the computer where she works on Microsoft Office. Anyway, she is working on getting it all sorted out and we'll try again.

Anita - I'M SO JEALOUS! (About the haircut... ) I hope you enjoy the sensation. Warm and not humid is not bad at all. It was pretty hot and humid today, but as long as the sun is out, I don't care!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 06-03-20, 09:39 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was the PT stretches, Yoga with Adriene Yoga Rinse, and then Yoga with Adriene Power Flow.

We just felt an earthquake - epicenter was near Ridgecrest, and we only felt some gentle
shaking.

Anita, Glad things are starting to settle down near you. You'r'e getting a haircut, wow, I haven't seen any hair places open around here yet.

Laura, you did have a busy day. I have a medical appointment on Friday over Zoom and it will be the first time I've ever used it. I hope it goes smoothly but I may be asking you for help if it doesn't.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 07:36 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on doing some yard work, giving Gus a walk, and just enjoying the day - rain storms expected later this evening. I still heard lots of helicopters last night and curfew is still on, but I think things are getting quieter - all 4 police have now been charged and the charges on one have been increased to second degree murder, so people are happier with that.

The haircut was still arranged under Covid-19 type rules. The doors were locked and you had to wait outside, you had to wear a mask and use a hand sanitizer going into the building, and wear a mask throughout your wash and cut. The spacing in the building was arranged on the full square footage of the entire building - each stylist had enough space so no one had to reduce their appointments. I thought that weird in that each salon in this building was pretty small - they averaged over the entire building including all hallways, laundry areas, and storage areas. My salon had a color person and a cutter and there was enough space between them not to have a barrier, but they did have one available if needed. I got in pretty early as I was one of the first to be affected by the quarantine. No walk in appointments possible.

Laura and Paula, hope you have a wonderful day! Hope Zoom works for both of you! (worked fine on a Apple computer).

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 12:03 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

What day is it?

I found out yesterday that DH has poison ivy all over his arms. Because of his low heart rate, he wears long sleeves pretty much all the time (cold-natured), so I hadn't seen it. He thought he could manage it, but he's getting pretty miserable. If he doesn't feel better by the time he gets up (he's been on graveyard shift), I will take him to the clinic. So I'm in waiting mode.

Yesterday, it was 82 degrees in my workout room when I did my workout. I did my upper body routine and a premix from Step Sync. I got up there much earlier today, but it was already 77. I did a premix from Lean Legs and Abs. I did Sarah Beth's practice yesterday but haven't done today's yet.

Anita, I hope you had more luck finding what was on your grocery list than I did. I'm still having to go all over town looking for things and still can't find everything. But I'm grateful to have places to shop. I've heard some people living where the rioting is bad don't have stores that are open.

Paula, you asked if I'm enjoying the Sarah Beth workouts. I'm not. She does power yoga, and she moves too fast. She does have some 10-minute bedtime routines and stretch routines that I like. That's why I took this 7-day challenge. The practices are short. But I much prefer Adriene and wish she would offer shorter practices. I hope you weren't too rattled by the earthquake.

Laura, the smash journal sounds interesting, but my life is so boring I'd have nothing to include in it.

I hope everyone's Zoom sessions work and Anita is enjoying her haircut.
Old 06-04-20, 12:31 PM  
sherry7899

Dede,
I am just popping in to suggest this you tube yoga channel. I think you would enjoy the instructor and practices. She gives great form pointers, and there is no extra chatter.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAUWdc_B05LUDmif1rypohw

15 minute practices. I use them all the time:

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...TN5R9eSqPEQ50L

There are mellow 15 minute practices on this channel also:

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...ME96Z6XRTZIg36

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 05:42 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It turned into another busy day. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a little less crazed. This morning, I had a telemed appointment with my rheumatologist. We tried two platforms, and neither worked, so we just talked on the phone. We got it done, but next time I will insist on an in-person appointment. My hands have been more swollen than usual and so he increased on medication until my infusion at the end of the month and he'll increase the dosage of that and hopefully that will help. Then, I had an appointment with the woman from the tutoring session from last night to test out Zoom. We finally got her on, but I couldn't hear her. We inhaled some lunch and then I took DH to his doctor's appointment, which took much of the afternoon. When we got home, I figured out what was wrong with my audio - the drivers for my speakers went outdated overnight. Then, I figured out what was wrong with my new printer, why I couldn't print to it recently. Turns out, it was our wonky WIFI and so I connected to it directly. It works great now. My tech muscles feel tired...

Sherry! Thanks for dropping in with the suggestions. Hope your week is going well.

Dede - THAT is the existential question every morning - what day is it? I hope your son feels better quickly. It sounds like he's pretty miserable today.

Anita - I'm trying to picture keeping the mask on as she cuts around the ears. Other than that, it shouldn't be too bad. It's good that things seem to be quieting down there. I heard someone say that on the news this morning - I'm glad that seems to be your reality.

Paulla - I didn't even hear about an earthquake. I hope everyone is okay. You'll be fine with Zoom. Just try to slow down enough to read the prompts on the screen. Your two choices will be - should be - to download the program to your computer or, if you don't want to do that - open up the link in a web browser.

Laura's Workout Mantras: