Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-30-20, 06:38 PM  
Helen

Every Day in JUNE - Summer/Winter is HERE! You can be HERE as well - join us!

Welcome to the Every Day Checkin!

We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU (but don't kid yourself about it either)

Daily posts - not mandatory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen

It's actually HERE - you should be feeling solidly in Summer/Winter by now! Perfect for a boost to your motivation!
NEWCOMERS ALWAYS WELCOME!

• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 05:51 AM  
Helen

Days 1&2 DONE!
Mon., 1-Jun
61min Cathe - CTX - Power Circuit, includes Legs, Back, & Abs with buddy on FaceTime.

It's Winter now, but today was lovely - t-shirt weather if you were doing anything vaguely active; but, alas, tomorrow's forecast is a cold snap (47-57F) and more rain.

Tue., 2-Jun
91min, Cathe - ICE - Low Impact Sweat - Basic Mix 6 (+ Blizzard Blast + Back + Icy Core 2), buddy not feeling well, so did one she wouldn't

And oh yes! It was a heat-on-all-day kind of day.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 06-02-20, 04:02 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - thank you for your excellent start for June! I'm feeling like such a slacker. I bagged the next workout on my Cathe rotation because it was an 80 minute strength workout and you did 91 minutes! Good job!

6/1 - dog walk and mowed.
6/2 - dog walk and 3.64 mile run, same route as last week, didn't see anyone for most of the run, but passed a few bikes and 2 walkers.

Delaware started opening up yesterday, and my son said the restaurants on Main Street had all kinds of people at outdoor tables. I'll continue to do take-out for a while. I'm sure it's good for the business owners, but I just can't trust people to use common sense.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 10:16 PM  
Helen

Our restaurants have opened as well but limited to 10 people at a time. Bridget had dinner for a birthday recently and they were the only group in there and promptly booted for the next group to come in. Pubs have same limit and everyone must be seated. Sport for kids opens up come July and no news about adults (derby).

And we’re at that stage when we’ve had just 102 deaths! 8 new cases nationally on most recent report.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 06-03-20, 04:47 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

But really no time for shout outs. I am back to work (NJ Is opening up as well - but that doesn't mean I'm going anywhere except work and home. Not much changing for me.) All that to say: I'm exhausted. So many additional (necessary) protocols in the workplace.

But anyway ... I never finished doing May.
I did do the Pelofondo on Saturday. I should just put it in here. . . . No, I'll go back and resurrect the May thread to keep it neat and tidy.

Thanks Helen for starting us off!
Thanks Lili and Helen for keeping it going.
As I mentioned, barely keeping my head above water with work.

6/1/2020: Matt Wilper's 45 minute Power Zone challenge + 5 mins. of MW bike stretch

6/2/2020:
45 mins. matt's PZ ride + Emma's (classical music) Asian History Month 10 mins. cooldown. (I like this one as much as Sam's Cooldown - look out Sam! new kid on the block .....)

New Power Zone challenge has begun. Luckily for me, 2 of my rides I did on Sat. will count towards this week's rides. (Good thing!) the schedule had not posted yet. One was assigned, one I just added on to get my mileage up to 100.

Still on an every day roll. Hope to keep it coming. End of this month will be 6 months.

That's it for now.
Off to maybe get a quick workout in before work.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 05:14 AM  
Helen

CLEDA
Do you mean you've EVERY DAY in the month for 5 months straight?!

Wed., 3rd June
70min, brisk walking - with school
50min, Christi - Happy Hour High/Low - Cardio Only Mix
non-virgin. Buddy wants to learn this one - we're getting better every time.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 06-03-20, 04:31 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Yes Mam ...

That would be correct. If I make it halfway through the year .... I am going for 3/4 ... then the whole year.

I do count (only once a week) if I do meditation or stretch or yoga .... I feel this is justified as so many days are 1, 2, 3 hours long. So if I do a day of meditation? It counts! But only once a week.

Anyway, I am exhausted from work, but Peloton sent me a list of good "after work pick me up rides". Ha! We'll see. (Truth be told, the one I'm doing is the LAST one in a 4 week scavenger hunt that must be done BEFORE Friday. With having gone back to work, I am pretty tired and don't always have the energy in the a.m. to do the workouts .....

Will be back later.
Cleda
Old 06-03-20, 05:33 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say hello!

I didn’t finish posting all my workouts for May, but I did workout every day.

I’ve been doing a lot studying & spending a lot of time online lately watching anatomy videos, teaching on zoom, & doing video chats with other instructors to finish up my level 3 Essentrics instructor certification. So I haven’t been on vf a lot. I may rejoin you for July, have a good month everyone!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 04:24 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Happy June!

Pam: It was great to have you with us for the past few months. You sound super busy. We are always here, so feel free to pop in and wave, say hello (as you did). Best of luck for June and we look forward to seeing you in July!!!!

While I'm here:

6/3/2020:
Irene Scholz 30 minute workout on Peloton to get the 4th "scavenger hunt" badge. I have completed it. (One badge a week for a workout Peloton would post a clue for on Instagram). Sorry !! need more coffee. That almost sounds backwards. But ... they gave a clue, we had to figure out which workout it was and do it before the end of the week when they posted a new clue. It ends Friday (tomorrow) and I wasn't sure if I could do the workout Friday or if it had to be done before. It was an interval ride, so I did it last night after work. I was pretty beat, but it was only 30 minutes and probably did me good. 10 minute Classical cool down ride with Emma and added on some leg exercises with my new bands. I'm doing a 30 day challenge (That may take me 60 days and I'm ok with that.) simple leg exercises (squats, fire hydrants, and the like). So we'll see. The beginning is easy. Only 5 per exercise so ... goes fast.

Gotta run. My Peloton awaits. Work is exhausting, so I best get it done this a.m. Doing it at night is just too tough ....

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 06-04-20, 06:48 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Pam - thanks for stopping by and keeping us posted on your busy month. Good luck with everything.
Cleda - you sound tired, and it makes sense, with work and all of your workouts! It's probably hard to get back into the routine. Congrats on 5 months straight! Amazing!
Helen - every time you mention Christie, I feel like I want to do one of her workouts! Some day I'll do it!

5/3 - long dog walk, not sure how far, but over an hour. Jessica's Barre Burn and a 15 minute meditation from Les Mills.
5/4 - I gave blood this morning so no workout today.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote