Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-20, 10:31 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, you might like this short standing practice I did today--it's also focused on safety, and the instructor is the owner of the local studio where I did the workshop with Jennifer Kreatsoulus in February:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td_7m0HLDdA&t=7s

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 11:00 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Thanks Beth! I'll check that standing practice out.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 11:19 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I also wanted to add that I am trying to send out weekly emails to some of regular students, both from the studio and from the college. The emails will have links to some of my most recent practices as well as recommendations for how to combine them. I might also occasionally include practices from others like the one I mentioned to Paine above. If anyone wants to be a part of this list, you can send me a request at YogiBethC@gmail (gmail.com).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-02-20, 03:50 PM  
Anny

Beth thanks so much for all your work on the videos!

Paine glad to hear I am not the only one who doesn’t like resistance bands. Oh and I also hate my voice.. I’m trying to think how to improve it for my tutes that I am running and recording on zoom. And I want to improve how I look too! Lol!

Sandra interesting news about your library. I know here that NSW police have said that the public social distancing will probably be in place for three months and that the Prime Minister has indicated that the stimulus packages and working remotely and other new measures may be in place for six months. The university where I work is looking at continuing online classes for at least that period.

Today I’m planning on a SPW and yoga.
Old 04-02-20, 04:59 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today I went for a 1.7 mile walk with my 4 year old grandson. It's a beautiful day for a walk.

Beth, add me to your email list!

Anny, I don't know if you saw it but someone posted a link to HotandFlashy's YouTube about: How To Look Good on Video Calls for Zoom FaceTime Skype. It is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACNGhPKnmok
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 05:07 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, your students will probably be fine with your voice.

Paine, thanks for that link; I am still working on improving the lighting for my videos. You are on my list!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-02-20, 05:31 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Sorry to be MIA again. Because of travel restrictions and everything, I took it pretty hard that my sweetie can't be here during his vacation. I cried for two days. His son sent me a very nice text this morning and I cried again.

Today I did JV's Definition upper body. I used dumbbells, bands, and the multi-station muscle machine as I call it.

Another day, I don't remember which one, I alternated rowing with squats and lunges. I liked that alot. I sold my Concept 2 many years ago because of my spine. Since my spine isn't as painful I bought the higher Concept 2 for Christmas.

Garrie! Nice to see you're hanging in down there. Mow max! Ugh. I told my guys to mow every other week to save some money. I'll probably regret that in a month or two. Did I see you did P90X? When I did it years ago I thought it was lacking leg work. Now that I'm older and a little wiser I think it's just right. I pulled it out last week and took another look. I'm planning to start it on Monday.

Sandra - Meow meow says thank you for the ear rubs. We send them to the boys. She has changed so much since she got hurt it's hard to believe she's the same girl. She cuddles and snuggles. She tells me when the mailman leaves a package by the door. Best of all she hates being outside! She goes to the yard to watch me get mail then she races me to the door.

Anny - I thought of you today when I did JV's Definition upper body. How do you like working from home?

cyana - Meow doesn't like the vacuum cleaner but she doesn't hide like she does from mowers. The evil Total Gym that hurt my shoulder and wrists has a new home with my sweetie's son. I strongly suggested he use resistance he can control. LOL The first time he came to visit, Meow walked right up to him and let him touch her. Who is she?

Paine - have you totally moved now?

Beth - how do you like working from home? Thanks for putting up the yoga practices, especially the ones on the floor.

Dumbbells seem to be sold out everywhere online. I guess all those gym goers are going to workout at home. I bought the heaviest Therabands even tho they're hard on my wrists. The heaviest is good for back exercises but I'll grow out of it soon.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 05:57 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda, I was saying on GD that I think those of us on VF are well set up for this crisis in terms of home exercise!

Working from home has been fine. Since I am off in June and July, I am used to being at home for long stretches--although then, since I don't have to work, I'm usually spending more time exercising, reading, shopping, going outside, etc. Now I'm maintaining more of a schedule, although it's nice sleeping in a bit and not having to commute. Whenever we get back to #newnormal, I think it's going to be a tough transition!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-02-20, 06:30 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Beth - going back to work will be rough but it will feel great to be able to go there again. When my back was so bad Jerry gave away all of my dumbbells so I'm not as set up for this as I used to be. I replaced most of them but need 12's, 15's and 20's. My guy was going to bring his lighter adjustable dumbbells on Saturday but he won't be here. He calls 60 pounds light. One of my lawn guys who got my Bowflex Selectech DB's just called to say he'll bring them back to me next week. What a guy! I forgot he had them. Heck, I forgot I had them! He told me to lift the 20 pound jugs of cat litter. Great idea!

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 07:20 PM  
Anny

Linda so good to hear from you! And you know I am a fan of JV’s upper body work.

Working from home is fine so far. Too many videoconferences of course! Lol!!

Paine thanks for the link.

I ended up doing Dedicate Day 14 - Grace with Adriene this morning. Will fit in a walk at lunch time. Your walk with your grandson sounds like fun, Paine.