Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-20, 06:25 AM  
Cher

Total Max Mixers - Week of March 29

Starting a new thread since it’s been 2 weeks on the old one.

Workout yesterday was Step Sync (all but combined combos). This is the first time since my hip issue I’ve been able to do this much of it. I was wiped out. Yes, I’m very out-of-shape but it was so fun!

We haven’t grocery shopped in 2 weeks so I think we will have to go this week. We will probably try to go at 8 am right when they open to hopefully avoid the mad rush and hopefully be able to find a few things we need.

Not much going on here since we have to stay in together. We each have a few of our own hobbies going on so that helps with all this together-ness. 😉

Karen - I did see Cathe’s workout. That’s nice of her to do that.

JBliff - You are not on Facebook are you? That was where Cathe posted the workout.

It’s going to be upper 50’s this morning then the temps will drop throughout the afternoon so I think I will try to get out for a walk before noon.

Edited to add: Hmmm, just found out we have a we have a wind advisory so we’ll see about the walk.

Gibbee & Vannie - how are you guys doing.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 08:52 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Cher: Our shelter in place kicked in at 5 p.m. yesterday. You might check with the grocery store. Some here have 'senior/compromised' hour at the start of the day for those who are elderly / immune issues.

DH is really struggling with depression, especially since the virus seems to occupy the bulk of the media conversations. We had a hail storm here that was horrible but somehow missed our small part of town. We are grateful it missed us beyond words. Hail was egg to baseball size, although DD said she saw where it was softball sized in one part of town. Of course looting started right away. JERKS!

JB: I think you should be able to view these videos without Facebook since her main FB page is open. Let me know if you can't see them.

Basic Step Tutorial
https://www.facebook.com/cathefitnes...5002846541031/

Cardio, Legs & Shoulders
https://www.facebook.com/cathefitnes...6337371375448/

Her first one on one - kind of a functional fitness type workout
https://www.facebook.com/cathefitnes...9058986236393/

Vannie: How are you doing?

Karen: Glad you're keeping busy on vacation with workouts.

Check in: Tried an aerobics workout I found on you-tube yesterday... kind of an 80's feel to it. The music is pretty good (The Fighter is the last song and I love that song). She TIFT's through the entire workout, but it lets you get into it with more movement as you progressed through the entire routine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhHOJywrSxI&t=11s

Today was KCM's RAW 7 Strong

DH has infusions Mon/Tues this week. He is carrying about 30 lbs of water weight and has even more blisters on his feet. He is worried about going in for the infusion as we probably can't put shoes on him. Not sure what to do.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 01:37 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. I posted earlier but for some reason my post never showed up!

My workout yesterday was Fit Split Boxing/Bootcamp cardio portion only + Les Mills Invincible workout #8 + 20 minutes of yoga.

Gibbee - Thanks so much for the Cathe link. I was able to access it without an FB account. The music in the aerobics link was good but I'm not sure if I can handle the TIFT.

Cher - I'm glad you were able to finally enjoy Step Sync.

Waves to everyone. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 06:30 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. So good to hear from everyone and know that you are ok.

I just did the beginner Barre workout that Cathe included with her Fit Tower. It is about 36 minutes long and was perfect for today. It was plenty hard enough too. I am so thankful to have Cathe workouts for these times. Some of my friends did a longish run this am but I just could not face the humidity again.

Cher it’s great that you can do Step again. I know how much you like it! My DH does the grocery shopping and tries to pick odd times to go to the store. The first day that they opened early for Senior shopping they were mobbed with people so they are rethinking that. I know lots of people are having groceries delivered or going to the store and getting it curbside after ordering online.

Gibbee thank goodness that hail missed you all. Can your husband wear slippers to the appointment, with socks as well?

Jbliff what is the pandemic like in your area?

Vannie thinking of you and hoping you are ok. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 06:23 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning we walked 3.33 mi then I ran 1.46 mi and did a Classical Stretch episode. I meant to do more. I don't know where the morning goes.

I'm doing okay. Just don't have much motivation and am so sleepy in the afternoon then wide awake after supper usually.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 06:27 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Karen - He wore some diabetic socks that have grippies on the bottom. Finding a house shoe that is wide enough and tall enough is nearly impossible.

His infusion went well but he is feeling awful this evening. They had me drop him off at the door. Thankfully one of his nurses was checking in and wheeled him upstairs for me.

JBliff - she released a bootcamp one .... https://www.facebook.com/cathefitnes...0223/?sfnsn=mo

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 03-31-20, 04:58 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Check in - No workout yesterday. DH's infusions are this week. He's got another whopping blister on one foot and felt so bad last night. Can't wait for today to be finished for him.

Hope everyone is doing well.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 03-31-20, 12:48 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a 40-minute walk with DH and Muscle Max Upper Body push/pull premix.

Gibbee
- Thanks so much for the bootcamp link. I definitely want to try that. Lucky that your DH had a nurse to help. My FIL has to go in for a procedure tomorrow and they're worried since his wife won't be able to go with him inside the hospital.

Karjoy - DH and I drove by Costco this morning during the senior shopping hour and the line to get in wrapped around the parking lot. It really seemed to defeat the purpose. Our state governor just declared a formal stay at home edict yesterday because too many people were hanging out in groups and not taking the proper caution. Statewide we have about 1200 cases, but only 2 in our city and 28 total in the city & the two surrounding counties. We had masks and gloves on at the grocery store. I feel like I'm living in a Mad Max movie.

I heard from my sister in Paris yesterday. One of my nieces definitely has COVID-19. She is a doctor so is treating herself and quarantining herself at her beach house. Her best friend's mother just died of COVID-19 and her best friend is now sick too. It's just so sad. Apparently in France if you are 70 and over, the hospital just sends you home to die. They won't even bother treating you.

Hi to Vannie and Cher. Stay safe.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 12:57 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning we walked 3.23 mi and then I ran 1.53 mi and did the next CS episode. I need to get some cleaning done, for real. My support group is meeting by Zoom at 3:30 this afternoon. I got Zoom downloaded on my computer, hope it works!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 08:13 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. It has been quite slow at work as more and more patients are canceling their routine appointments. We all think this is a good thing. We have a strict triage protocol about possible COVID patients. They are sent to an outpatient testing center.

Three of us ran 4 very humid miles this am. We are very careful to stay about 10 or more feet apart. We had a nice rainstorm today and it should be cooler the next few days.

Jbliff I understand that the CDC is thinking about announcing that it would be a good idea for most people to wear a mask in public. I can’t see anything wrong with that, though people need to cover the mouth AND nose.

Vannie glad you are able to get out and run and walk!

Waves to Gibbee and Cher, Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote