Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-20, 04:14 PM  
Mickey12

Ok, so Step Heat was today, from 1995 I think. The color of the walls in the set are different shades of yellow and orange and it reminded me of fire. I wonder if that was planned since the name of the video is Step Heat. The introduction by Cathe struck me when she said she enjoyed reading all the letters she receives from everyone. Wow, this one is old!

I had a good time with this, not brutal. The last section was my favorite with the heel toe flyover jack thingies. I modified some of the high impact although there isn't a ton of high impact in this - it's moderate work. There's an ab section at the end. I saw Cede and Rhonda in this one and everyone except Cathe had the thong leotards on. Oh, the credits at the end said Clothes by Moda. I used to LOVE Moda leotards! Lots of memories!

The cool down is really, really choreographed. Such a difference from the newer workouts, and it was so fun.

Thanks, Cataddict for making me do this one. hahaha

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 04:17 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Okay I figured you did one of the ones she put on DVD. FYI, it was not from 1999 but rather from 1995-1996 (I had the original VHS which shows the date) so it's even more dated than you think! The other two step workouts on that DVD were from 1995.

Anyone looking for IMHO "simpler" step choreography would do well to try Cathe's earlier step. Her cuing is much better than later on (I'm assuming she thinks everyone knows the movements already maybe? yes that's true in my case but I still need a second or two to actually do it. I despise cuing right on the move, but I digress )

Good that you were able to get the moves! And I bet you "looked HOT!"

Getting ready to do the Cathe Live scheduled for 5pm EST. Also planning on doing the one at 6:30 with a quick shower in between (I can't tolerate wet, sweaty underwear. TMI, I know) Looking forward to them!!
LOL, Cathe really does say this a lot in her older workouts.
Old 04-03-20, 05:32 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Welcome, Momofcha!

Kim, I ended up doing Step Jam rather than Step Heat circa 1995-96. I looked hot, and also did a groovy move. This one starts with what I think of as the Chicken Song. It reminds me of the music that I think came from old cartoons with chickens laying eggs. Yes, it's a stretch and now you all think I'm crazy. Step Jam is three sections and has no weight work. I used an 8" step for the first segment, changed to 6" for the next 2 segments as I was getting plenty sweaty! I didn't think the choreo was really complicated, and she does repeat them but IMHO not too much. Each segment is independent of the others, but she puts together the combo in each segment before going on to the next. Yes, the outfits are dated, there is a bit of whooping (but much less than others from that era, IMHO) and it does make me giggle when she mentions looking hot. Cedie is in this one along with Rhonda (the dark haired woman--she's 5'7" which isn't exactly "tall" to me but she looks it compared to the other ladies). The other two ladies were also in a couple of other workouts, but seemed to disappear when Cathe kind of developed her own "crew."

kittybug, my avatar is my favorite picture of our Maine Coon. He is yawning, but looks like he is talking or yelling. He does howl/sing through the house, but is far too sweet and gentle to yell.

I feel no shame at enabling anyone to purchase the Classics. They are good old fashioned fun, and to me at least the time flies by. I'm a practiced stepper but I do have to pay attention to the cues. I really enjoy the combinations Cathe puts together on these older step workouts. I even get nostalgic about the music. Boy, it has been a long time since this one came out! Good memories!

ChelePA, also would love to know what the chair HiIT workout was that you did! That's great you have been able to find so many options to modify.

Waving to Kate, Bee, and manley,Fanofladyvols!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 06:11 PM  
fanofladyvols

momofcha Welcome aboard, Sue! Thanks for joining the Kittybug Kickbutt party...always room for more!!

cataddict I don't even know what you mean since I don't have that video but you cracked me up!

manley Tennesseans can be hard to wrangle too. The bars on Broadway downtown announced initially refusing to comply. Saw a link that says monitoring our behavior people aren't limiting their movement. Sigh. The numbers should convince them to be safer.

kittybug did you gear yourself up for Michelle?

Kim..she said letters? Lol. I forgot to mention how she laughs devishly in ME when she announces more reps during biceps and I had to laugh instead of groan.

Also, in ME there was music that sounded like the same music that's in Turbojam. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

bee and ChelePA..I modify all the time and am so glad my knowledge base is there to know how to do that. Benefits of being older...wiser too

kate glad your son is ok! I have also done a different trainer by doing some pilates today and may do some good ol' Firm tomorrow. I, too, have several possibles and will decide last minute. 。◕‿◕。

I have enjoyed sun today with yardwork. Kinda feels nice to do something ordinary ..hearing the birds chirp and looking at the plants bud is very calming.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 06:17 PM  
manleym

Momofcha SOO glad you're joining us!! This is such a great group of ladies and you will be so encouraged by them!!

Kittybug and Bee you're both right - people around here don't like being told what to do. And I think part of our issue is that we're more spread out here in TX. Some counties (like mine) are being HAMMERED because they're so big and there are so many people. You get out to West Texas and smaller communities and it isn't as widespread. And like everywhere else, some people are just not going to follow the rules - no matter what.

Kittybug great way to use the Buff! I never thought about using it for my hair! Great idea! I think we have gone to open carry as well. Not really sure - thankfully I've never seen anyone open carry. That would be very unsettling!

Today's workout was Cathe's Intensity Double HiiT and Bootcamp premix. I'm telling ya'll, these workouts are doing me in for some reason! Could be the 30 degree temp changes from one day to the next, or could be because these are new-to-me. I DID like the workout. I did the warm-up on the floor because I didn't feel like dragging out the step just for the workout. Then the high impact HiiT, followed by the low impact HiiT and bootcamp, which alternated high impact drills with compound moves. At first I was thinking I wished the low impact was before the high impact HiiT so I would be more warmed up, but by the end of the workout, I was glad the high impact HiiT was first so I had the energy to get through it. Then I followed it with Eoin's Bliss Rider. Turning my hardened grizzle into soft toffee.

Hi and hugs to all my fierce friends!! So glad all of you are here!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 06:18 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
momofcha Welcome aboard, Sue! Thanks for joining the Kittybug Kickbutt party...always room for more!!

cataddict I don't even know what you mean since I don't have that video but you cracked me up!

manley Tennesseans can be hard to wrangle too. The bars on Broadway downtown announced initially refusing to comply. Saw a link that says monitoring our behavior people aren't limiting their movement. Sigh. The numbers should convince them to be safer.

kittybug did you gear yourself up for Michelle?

Kim..she said letters? Lol. I forgot to mention how she laughs devishly in ME when she announces more reps during biceps and I had to laugh instead of groan.

Also, in ME there was music that sounded like the same music that's in Turbojam. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

bee and ChelePA..I modify all the time and am so glad my knowledge base is there to know how to do that. Benefits of being older...wiser too

kate glad your son is ok! I have also done a different trainer by doing some pilates today and may do some good ol' Firm tomorrow. I, too, have several possibles and will decide last minute. 。◕‿◕。

I have enjoyed sun today with yardwork. Kinda feels nice to do something ordinary ..hearing the birds chirp and looking at the plants bud is very calming.

Yes! It’s so true for me. The other morning the birds were singing so loud and you could hear so many different ones. It was a bit of serenity in my day.

Kim
Old 04-03-20, 06:37 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Hi everyone!

Welcome, Momofcha!

Kim, I ended up doing Step Jam rather than Step Heat circa 1995-96. I looked hot, and also did a groovy move. This one starts with what I think of as the Chicken Song. It reminds me of the music that I think came from old cartoons with chickens laying eggs. Yes, it's a stretch and now you all think I'm crazy. Step Jam is three sections and has no weight work. I used an 8" step for the first segment, changed to 6" for the next 2 segments as I was getting plenty sweaty! I didn't think the choreo was really complicated, and she does repeat them but IMHO not too much. Each segment is independent of the others, but she puts together the combo in each segment before going on to the next. Yes, the outfits are dated, there is a bit of whooping (but much less than others from that era, IMHO) and it does make me giggle when she mentions looking hot. Cedie is in this one along with Rhonda (the dark haired woman--she's 5'7" which isn't exactly "tall" to me but she looks it compared to the other ladies). The other two ladies were also in a couple of other workouts, but seemed to disappear when Cathe kind of developed her own "crew."

kittybug, my avatar is my favorite picture of our Maine Coon. He is yawning, but looks like he is talking or yelling. He does howl/sing through the house, but is far too sweet and gentle to yell.

I feel no shame at enabling anyone to purchase the Classics. They are good old fashioned fun, and to me at least the time flies by. I'm a practiced stepper but I do have to pay attention to the cues. I really enjoy the combinations Cathe puts together on these older step workouts. I even get nostalgic about the music. Boy, it has been a long time since this one came out! Good memories!

ChelePA, also would love to know what the chair HiIT workout was that you did! That's great you have been able to find so many options to modify.

Waving to Kate, Bee, and manley,Fanofladyvols!
Caroline Jordan is the name of the instructor on YouTube. She has several chair workout videos. She’s the only one I found that can really get my heart rate up. She talks nonstop through the whole workout. I prefer instruction and then just to listen to music and move to the beat. Ha ha. Very peppy! That’s my only negativity about the workouts.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 10:33 AM  
momofcha

Happy Saturday!!!
I had a successful morning! I was able to get paper towels, TP and the highly sought after Nintendo switch! All before 8am! Then i came home & did Cardio Kicks. Now i kind of want to nap

Rest day tomorrow

Have a safe and healthy weekend!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 10:51 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Ok, you guys are making me want to pull out the older step videos..... in spite of the outfits! I like the comments about the choreography being easier to follow. Next time I have cardio up I'll try one of them. So funny about the letters comment!! I always laugh when I hear them talking about pausing the "tape" or whatever, too.

This morning was a rest day for me, so I did Tony G's Water yoga -- for the hips and hamstrings -- it was so nice! ChelePA, I can somewhat relate to your peppy comment -- it wasn't that Tony was peppy so much, but boy he talked a lot for a yoga class!

Sue, you did get a lot done this morning! Way to go!

cataddict, I may have told you this at some point in the past, but we used to have a Maine coon, too. Loved that cat -- his name was Preacher.

Waves to all! Off to get ready for my busy day of zoom calls.
Old 04-04-20, 10:54 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Momofcha SOO glad you're joining us!! This is such a great group of ladies and you will be so encouraged by them!!

Kittybug and Bee you're both right - people around here don't like being told what to do. And I think part of our issue is that we're more spread out here in TX. Some counties (like mine) are being HAMMERED because they're so big and there are so many people. You get out to West Texas and smaller communities and it isn't as widespread. And like everywhere else, some people are just not going to follow the rules - no matter what.

Kittybug great way to use the Buff! I never thought about using it for my hair! Great idea! I think we have gone to open carry as well. Not really sure - thankfully I've never seen anyone open carry. That would be very unsettling!

Today's workout was Cathe's Intensity Double HiiT and Bootcamp premix. I'm telling ya'll, these workouts are doing me in for some reason! Could be the 30 degree temp changes from one day to the next, or could be because these are new-to-me. I DID like the workout. I did the warm-up on the floor because I didn't feel like dragging out the step just for the workout. Then the high impact HiiT, followed by the low impact HiiT and bootcamp, which alternated high impact drills with compound moves. At first I was thinking I wished the low impact was before the high impact HiiT so I would be more warmed up, but by the end of the workout, I was glad the high impact HiiT was first so I had the energy to get through it. Then I followed it with Eoin's Bliss Rider. Turning my hardened grizzle into soft toffee.

Hi and hugs to all my fierce friends!! So glad all of you are here!
Manley you are crazy fierce! Intensity is so hard in each of the sections and you did the Double Hiit Bootcamp premix! Yikes!
You are really an inspiration!

“Turned my hardened grizzle into soft toffee”

Kim

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in