Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-20, 06:59 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Manleym, AKA my long-lost sister (yes, we were separated at birth!! ), you got those for 90 cents??????? THAT IS SO AWESOME! Wow, I wish I could find some local deals like that! And you and fanofladyvols are making me remember that I have a whole ton of Tracie's workouts like the Grand Totals and others that I bought when they were on a huge sale and I still haven't even tried. Vfer problems, right?

I think you'll be totally fine for Imax 3!! I thought about this last night and realized why I think Tabata is worse...it's like doing blast after blast after blast with hardly any breaks, and the supposed 'breaks' still involve an 8-inch step! Ack!! At least in Imax 3 you get actual step combos that aren't always trying to kill you!
Yes ma'am!!! Isn't that CRAZY!!! Thankfully I have bought most of my dvd collection there, including a BUNCH of Cathe.

I got through ALL of IMax 3!! First time EVER to do the workout! YAY ME!!!

I'm SOO glad I took ya'll's advice and only used the platform. There are some really tricky foot work that if you're not familiar with can mess you up. I can totally see how you fell and hurt yourself (sorry that happened).

I do think Tabatacise and RWH Lower Body Circuit are harder than IMax 3. Crossfire might be harder too, or at least parts of it. And you're right Kittybug - the step combos in IMax 3 do give somewhat of a break and using just the platform made it more manageable.

Thanks for your encouragement fierce friends! I'm really enjoying workout out with ya'll!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 07:26 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Yes ma'am!!! Isn't that CRAZY!!! Thankfully I have bought most of my dvd collection there, including a BUNCH of Cathe.

I'm SOO glad I took ya'll's advice and only used the platform. There are some really tricky foot work that if you're not familiar with can mess you up. I can totally see how you fell and hurt yourself (sorry that happened).

I do think Tabatacise and RWH Lower Body Circuit are harder than IMax 3. Crossfire might be harder too, or at least parts of it. And you're right Kittybug - the step combos in IMax 3 do give somewhat of a break and using just the platform made it more manageable.

Thanks for your encouragement fierce friends! I'm really enjoying workout out with ya'll!!
ROCK ON sister! I knew you'd do it with no problem at all! Fierce!!

I'm glad it's not just me thinking Tabatacise is harder, because I've seen some people's reviews that would have led me to believe otherwise until I did it myself and was gasping for air. And to remind myself, I watched a clip of RWH Lower Body Circuit and can't even remember doing it but man, yeah, it looks WAY scary! That is probably why I don't remember...I probably did it once and didn't reach for it again, hah!! Same with Cross Fire and To The Max.

Oh, and I've done Intensity (which is also INTENSE) but I mostly have ended up using the first portion done on the step and that has been a power-packed half hour enough for me! I actually am looking forward to getting back to some of these more recent workouts when their time arrives with a whole new set of eyes (and maybe lungs and legs?)!

But MAN, I miss having a HPB near me. That is so amazing you've gotten so much great stuff there!! Where I live now, there isn't anything like that anymore, wahhhh!! I've also never seen anything really good at our local thrift stores. I live in a deal desert, wahhhhh!!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 08:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

KateTT!! My Tricep Warlord!! Thanks for stopping by! We are having a blast here These women are inspiring me to keep pushing myself.

Quote:
I actually am looking forward to getting back to some of these more recent workouts when their time arrives with a whole new set of eyes (and maybe lungs and legs?)!

I live in a deal desert, wahhhhh!!!!
A deal desert HAHAHA
Kittybug I was actually wondering the same thing...like will I still think the more recent ones are tough? Or will they seem easier?
And here's why. I just went ahead and decided to do the full back shoulders biceps workout today and not a premix. Pushed myself and also went up in weights. it was totally doable. I was kind of surprised. That wasn't what my notes were the last time I did it.

Sorry to say I didn't even review the Timesaver premix or the other back and bicep only premix. It WAS good to know the DVD had those shorter options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post

I'm SOO glad I took ya'll's advice and only used the platform.
I had no doubt you would!! And good for you!!

I have to say when Cathe turns her back in Gym bk/sh/bi she is so freaking CUT. This whole series she really shines. When she announced, "It's time to get the band again!" The way she said it was so devilishly funny. And I can't remember who said this but Cedie's hair really looks nice in this one, too.

I followed up with Cathe's total body stretch and it must have been done in the same time frame because they look the same.

The flaws in GS series for me is that I need more warm-ups and stretches. But this seems to be something I need more as I get older. Or maybe they aren't as thorough? Because the warmups in Xtrain are about the same length but feel just right. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tomorrow is Tracie and core movements for me! Glad you enjoyed it already Manley. Good stuff.

Fierce ones!! This has been another good workout week...thanks for working it with me

(KateTT is my GS series source )

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 10:53 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hah, Fanofladyvols, glad you surprised yourself! Isn't that a great feeling?? But OYE, those BAND exercises....I groaned out loud during BSB every time she said "get your bands!"

As far as the warmups and stretches, it's not just you. I have been feeling like wait, I'm not really warm yet, WAIT, I'm not ready! But then again, it has always taken me a lot to get really warm to where I want to be.

And the stretches are NEVER EVER long enough in anything to me. I always have to spend extra time stretching on my own after every workout I do, but that's just something I've also always done, even when I was doing yoga as my primary thing.

Except of course now, it's kind of hard because we have this new-er member of our cat family that seems to think it's her personal mission to wipe every inch of sweat off me and be in my way when I'm trying to stretch! Down dog? Yep, she's there, rubbing against my head. Lying supine? Nope, she's there under my neck before I can get all the way down on the floor. Hamstring stretch? Nope, she's under my leg before I can extend it all the way out. It's adorable but disruptive and entirely my husband's fault, because he's the one saved said kitten and her brother from living a life outside in the cold with their feral mom!
Old 02-14-20, 12:35 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi you guys! I sure appreciate your comments! It's so fun to talk about Cathe workouts with fellow Catheletes. (or however you spell it)
Wow! I've never been a Tricep Warlord before. Hahahaha!

Imax3! Wowsers! I haven't done 2 or 3 yet and am somewhat intimidated but they sound like so much fun!

Isn't it wonderful to be "older" and so strong and fierce? Don't tell anyone, but I'm even stronger than my hubby. Comes in handy when doing work around the house and yard! We burn wood only for heat so that means cutting and hauling big logs. He cuts, I haul. ;-) He has been known to call me his "bulldozer".

I had to take a break today. One thing as I get older is I listen to my body a little more. Sometims...
My legs feel MUCH better but I just felt like some moderate cardio so I popped in one of my LM Body Jam dvds. I am a DORK when it comes to dance cardio, but it's fun and still sweaty.

Thanks for the inspiration and for all the fun posts. I'll be doing mostly Cathe workouts for the rest of the month for sure, mixing in various other workouts that are burning a hole in my pocket.

Happy weekend!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 12:42 PM  
Mickey12

I am loving reading these posts. It reminds me of the old days on the forum. It sure is motivating to read and makes me want to get out some old Cathe workouts too. Thanks you guys.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 12:50 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Hi you guys! I sure appreciate your comments! It's so fun to talk about Cathe workouts with fellow Catheletes. (or however you spell it)
Wow! I've never been a Tricep Warlord before. Hahahaha!

Imax3! Wowsers! I haven't done 2 or 3 yet and am somewhat intimidated but they sound like so much fun!

Isn't it wonderful to be "older" and so strong and fierce? Don't tell anyone, but I'm even stronger than my hubby. Comes in handy when doing work around the house and yard! We burn wood only for heat so that means cutting and hauling big logs. He cuts, I haul. ;-) He has been known to call me his "bulldozer".

I had to take a break today. One thing as I get older is I listen to my body a little more. Sometims...
My legs feel MUCH better but I just felt like some moderate cardio so I popped in one of my LM Body Jam dvds. I am a DORK when it comes to dance cardio, but it's fun and still sweaty.

Thanks for the inspiration and for all the fun posts. I'll be doing mostly Cathe workouts for the rest of the month for sure, mixing in various other workouts that are burning a hole in my pocket.

Happy weekend!
KATETT IS STRONGER THAN HER HUSBAND! KATETT IS STRONGER THAN HER HUSBAND! See, I'm telling everybody, hah hah hah!!! A bulldozer....now that's FIERCE!
Old 02-14-20, 12:51 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I am loving reading these posts. It reminds me of the old days on the forum. It sure is motivating to read and makes me want to get out some old Cathe workouts too. Thanks you guys.

Kim
Join us, you know you wanna!
Old 02-14-20, 02:04 PM  
fanofladyvols

Come on in, Mickey12 and KateTT the lovefest is nice and warm!! Join us for a few or any ole time

I modify and make her workouts suit me...so I'm not sure I qualify as a true Cathlete but I'm having fun!!

Kittybug you crack me up

Manley not sure which Tracie you will do next but I
sure enjoyed #4 ...I feel FABULOUS!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 03:05 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Oh, and I've done Intensity (which is also INTENSE) but I mostly have ended up using the first portion done on the step and that has been a power-packed half hour enough for me! I actually am looking forward to getting back to some of these more recent workouts when their time arrives with a whole new set of eyes (and maybe lungs and legs?)!

But MAN, I miss having a HPB near me. That is so amazing you've gotten so much great stuff there!! Where I live now, there isn't anything like that anymore, wahhhh!! I've also never seen anything really good at our local thrift stores. I live in a deal desert, wahhhhh!!!!
I have Intensity but have never done it. I'm loving the fact that I'm doing workouts that have been sitting on my shelf and discovering real gems - ones I really like and ones that I've been afraid of doing, yet can! And it's fun doing some that I haven't done in forever!

Deal Desert is HILARIOUS!! You crack me up Kittybug!!!

HPB is having 20% off so I may stop by 1. Or 2. Or 3....Luckily there are 5-6 within 30 minutes of where I live and I've been known to hit every.one.of.them. Especially when they have their coupon week.

Quote:
As far as the warmups and stretches, it's not just you. I have been feeling like wait, I'm not really warm yet, WAIT, I'm not ready! But then again, it has always taken me a lot to get really warm to where I want to be.

And the stretches are NEVER EVER long enough in anything to me. I always have to spend extra time stretching on my own after every workout I do, but that's just something I've also always done, even when I was doing yoga as my primary thing.
I'm the same - I've always needed longer warm-ups and stretches. First set of an exercise is usually the hardest for me because I don't feel completely warmed up. 2nd is better and if there's a 3rd set, THEN I'm cookin'! And I'm always doing extra stretches. I pull out Leah's Lower Body or KCM's Yoga Flow and do those quite a bit after a workout.

Kittybug, how sweet you have a new workout buddy! That is so cute!! I had a friend who was convinced that this feral cat would be much happier inside so she brought him in, was going out of town, so she put the cat in her bathroom, and let's just say there wasn't much left of the bathroom when she got back. So now our joke is, "He'd be much happier inside!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
It is so great to be older and strong! And MOBILE!! I love that your husband calls you "bulldozer." And I love Kittybug shouting it loud and proud!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Come on in, Mickey12 and KateTT the lovefest is nice and warm!! Join us for a few or any ole time
Yes!! We are having so much fun! Please join us!!

Fanofladyvols, I hope you enjoy CM! I did #2 Loosen Up yesterday after IMax 3 and it felt really good!!

BSB is on the schedule for me today. So helpful to read all of ya'll's tips and feedback first.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in