Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-19, 01:44 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I don’t remember the last book I posted on the Winter reading thread but I haven’t been reading much so I don’t think I am forgetting anything. I listened to the audiobook of The Sun Does Shine by Anthony Ray Hinton which was very powerful and something I think everyone should read.

I am now reading America for Beginners by Leah Franqui and it is excellent so far. It is both funny and sad.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-19, 03:13 PM  
BunnyHop

I finished The Way of Kings the other day. Took what felt like forever to read it, but that's mostly because I read slowly. The book itself is heavy and kind of an argument for e-books.

Already started the next in the series Words of Radiance. Also very heavy.

Somewhere in the midst of that I picked up Hyperion, but didn't get into it much. It's sci-fi, not fantasy so it was a big shift from the other book. Will give it a better try some other day.
Old 04-17-19, 01:24 PM  
Gams

I just read Elevation by Stephen King. No horror in this one and very short - 146 pages. I enjoyed it - I like the way he writes.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-19, 02:21 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I just read Elevation by Stephen King. No horror in this one and very short - 146 pages. I enjoyed it - I like the way he writes.
I loved that one! I was shocked at the tiny size coming from Stephen Kind but it was quite interesting in a different way. A little scary - a lot weird - somehow a little funny.

I'm almost done with The Broken Circle: A Memoir of Escaping Afghanistan by Enjeela Ahmadi-Miller. A true story - mesmerizing, nail biting, shocking. A Kabul family is torn apart by Russia's 1980 invasion of Afghanistan. The father and four siblings attempt to gain entry to India to reconnect with their mother and two other siblings who had left previously. If you like memoirs I recommend it.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 06:22 AM  
Cher

I just finished reading “Where the Crawdads Sing.” I really enjoyed it. I’m going on vacation in a couple weeks and didn’t want to start my vacation book just yet so I started Wifey 101 by Jamie Otis. I hate to admit it but I love cheesy reality shows and this is mainly about her getting married without meeting her husband until she met him at the altar on “Married at First Sight.” It’s only 235 pages and a pretty quick read.

Pat - I think I got that book from Amazon but haven’t read it yet. (Broken Circle).
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 07:45 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I've been continuing Lisa Scottoline's Rosato & Associates series and just finished the first book in the next phase (Rosato & DiNunzio) titled Accused. There are 5 more after that one--I read some out of order, so it's possible I already read one.

I have to go to the library for this, but I want to read the follow-up book to The Rosie Project--I just got a copy of the third book so figured I should read the second one first!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 09:39 AM  
sherry7899

I am reading Lisa Scottoline's newest stand alone book, and of course I can't remember the title

Beth, I did not know there was a third book in the Rosie Project series. To be honest, I could not get through the second book. I'm glad it was a library loan. I hope you enjoy it more.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 09:42 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, did you like the first book? I enjoyed it very much so was hoping I'd like the rest of the series; too bad that it might be disappointing! The newest book is called The Rosie Effect, and it will be released next month; I got a review copy.

I've read some of Scottoline's stand-alones and have liked them, but I enjoy the familiar characters.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 10:04 AM  
alisoncooks

I'm working my way through Deborah Harkness's A Discovery of Witches series. Currently on book 2, Shadow of Night.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 10:22 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Sherry, did you like the first book? I enjoyed it very much so was hoping I'd like the rest of the series; too bad that it might be disappointing! The newest book is called The Rosie Effect, and it will be released next month; I got a review copy.

I've read some of Scottoline's stand-alones and have liked them, but I enjoy the familiar characters.
Beth, I did really like The Rosie Project.

The book coming out in May is called "The Rosie Result." The second book is " The Rosie Effect. "

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, reading, spring reading