Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-18, 06:50 PM  
SAF

Thoughts on Miranda's Essentrics Full Body Workout Vol. 3

Hi everyone -

I have Miranda's Full Body Workouts Vol 1 & Vol 2, Seasons 4-10, Core Workout, and some others and was thinking of maybe buying Season 11, 12 or her Full Body Workout Vol. 3.

Other than the clip, on the Essentrics website, there are not any reviews for her Full Body Workout Vol. 3.

Would love to hear any opinions on this one.

Thanks!
SAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-18, 07:05 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Really it depends on if you like the slower pace of the newer workouts. I have it; I'll admit I don't do it often. It drags for me.

Of the selections you mentioned, I'd go for Season 11. I have a lot of favorites in that season. It is slower, but has the game changing "relax to stretch further " theories. 12 is very slow.

HTH. That's my .02.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-18, 07:09 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I just did the standing segment of Full Body 3, it’s 30 minutes. I liked it! It does move slower, but not as slow as the new CT workouts on ETV. It was not overly challenging but nice & stretchy. It had an interesting plie segment, beachballs, side to side lunges, arm variations, a shoulder focused trademark, and a standing stretch. I haven’t done the barre or floor segments for ages so I can’t comment on them. As a rule I prefer the other instructors as they chat less and cue more, but Miranda was quite focused in this one.

EDIT - I agree with Jackie about Season 11, it’s slower but has some good episodes. You do get more bang for your buck with a 30 episode season than the single DVDs.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-18, 07:22 PM  
SAF

Thanks, Jackie, I appreciate your feedback on this one. It says alot if it isn't one you reach you often and maybe that's why there isn't much feedback on it either.

I tend to reach for her hour long workouts I have versus the seasons. I really should start using some of the seasons I have.

I was just going through them and forgot I also have Cardio Stretch, Stretching for Men, both Back Pain Relief's, Aging Backwards, Essentrics Upper & Lower Body and Sahra's Body Sculpting Series and Full Body Toning.

It's nice to have the current releases, but maybe I'll wait and work on what I have for now.
Old 12-01-18, 07:28 PM  
SAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I just did the standing segment of Full Body 3, it’s 30 minutes. I liked it! It does move slower, but not as slow as the new CT workouts on ETV. It was not overly challenging but nice & stretchy. It had an interesting plie segment, beachballs, side to side lunges, arm variations, a shoulder focused trademark, and a standing stretch. I haven’t done the barre or floor segments for ages so I can’t comment on them. As a rule I prefer the other instructors as they chat less and cue more, but Miranda was quite focused in this one.

EDIT - I agree with Jackie about Season 11, it’s slower but has some good episodes. You do get more bang for your buck with a 30 episode season than the single DVDs.
Thanks Pam, I like a challenging workout, but I always have room in my collection for the stretchy ones too! I will give it some thought and if not this sale, I can catch the next one.

I might be in the minority, but I really like that Miranda is chatty, it makes the workout more interesting and like I'm working out with a friend through the TV.
Old 12-01-18, 08:00 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

If you like the hour long workouts, maybe go for it? IDK. I really like the new BSS2...those are three 30 minute workouts. The stretch series is nice too.

Maybe you need them all. I do! Ha ha.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-18, 08:16 PM  
SAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
If you like the hour long workouts, maybe go for it? IDK. I really like the new BSS2...those are three 30 minute workouts. The stretch series is nice too.

Maybe you need them all. I do! Ha ha.
Ha Ha, yes I'd love to have them all!

That's how I acquired umpteen workout dvd's over the years, now I have quite a few I'd like to sell or trade. I'm thinking of listing some on the exchange here, guess it's worth a try.
Old 12-01-18, 08:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I gravitate to the newer workouts because I’m working on my level 3 instructor training & I need to be up on this slower more gentle approach Essentrics has adopted. I love the new ETV workouts, the Stretch Series Vol 1, & BSS2. I have also been doing episodes from seasons 11 & 12. I teach a full hour class twice a week and do shorter Essentrics or CS workouts 3 - 4 times a week as well.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-18, 10:01 PM  
anetta

I like it, even though it is slower-I do also like the standing part the best-I think it is a good 30 minute workout.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 01:17 AM  
carly

I hope I'm not derailing the conversation, but what would be considered Miranda's quicker pace workouts? I want to utilize her method but have found some of her recent offerings too slow paced for my patients. It is easier for me to start with faster pace workouts and once I'm committed to slow down the pace.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full body workout vol 3