Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-17, 03:58 PM  
momtoaboyandgirl

Is there a Cathe workout for someone at my level?

I am looking for mostly upper body strength workouts. Currently I use Jessica and Leslie or do routines from oxygen. I am a 3 sets 15 reps 3lbs (for triceps) 5lbs ( for biceps) 8 lbs (chest and back) kinda gal. I would consider more reps just not 100 like Jari does. I am looking for upper body but if the DVD you suggest includes lower body i’d still consider it. I really like Cathe as an instructor and I’m sure she has something for me, what do you suggest?
Thanks
Old 12-01-17, 04:27 PM  
cindyw75

Cathe's strength workouts are amazing! She lifts much heavier than I can, but I just pick weights that are appropriate for me.

I absolutely love the Pyramid Upper Body video. Pyramid Lower Body is included on the DVD and is also a great workout. (PUB uses only dumbbells, PLB uses dumbbells and a barbell. Both also involve a step.) It works like this: one set at 12 reps with a lighter weight, one set at 10 reps a bit heavier, 8 reps at your heaviest, then come back down (10 and 12).

One of my new favorites is Ramped Up Upper Body from the Strong & Sweaty series. (This oneuses a band w/handles. This one also uses a step.) This workout is more varied as far as sets and reps, but nothing over 16 reps.

Both of these will give you an amazing workout, and you can adjust your weights to fit you.
cindyw75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 05:01 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

One great thing about weight lifting is it's adaptable. All of you need to do is pick lighter weights. So any video will work.

I like Pyramid (only do the 'half' premix), Strong and Sweaty (PHA, Total Body). She has premixes for upper body for her DVDs. That's what I usually do...
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 08:28 PM  
Tugger31

I agree that just about any workout would be okay, just choose lighter weights. But, I think some might be better than others for what you might be looking for.

I like the Pyramid workout alot, but I rarely do the lower body workout.

ICE Chiseled Upper Body I think would be a good choice. Or, Ramped Up Upper Body. I find myself reaching for Chiseled Upper Body more often. Although it's dated, her Pure Strength is where I first started my Cathe journey. I only had 5's and 8's at the time. It's still a classic and in this one she takes a little more time to discuss proper form. I'm not sure if you can buy the workouts separately or not (2 upper body and 1 lower body). But the price is usually pretty good that I'd get the whole set.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote