Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-12-04, 03:49 PM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

Moving....How do I pack my fitness stuff?!

I figured out the videos...
I eventually sorted out the foam floor things...
But how do I pack my Ramp? Step? BodyBars? Hand weights?!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhh!

help?
NoraKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-04, 04:14 PM  
Deanna
VF Supporter

With items like handweights I would usually stick them on the floor in the backseat of our car . If you don't have the luxury of doing that, I'd say just leave them "as is".

With items like my step (and this would apply to the Ramp too). I would always take a good amount of packing tape and secure the risers against the step with the tape (I've got the Reebok black/silver step).

Basically, with steps, Bodybars, Ramps, etc. the movers will just take them as they are without expecting them to be boxed. I suppose you could always try to find a box to accommodate them if you wanted to though.

Good luck with your move!
Old 07-12-04, 04:20 PM  
gimmat
VF Supporter

I stuck all my weights in a milk crate (a real one, not the cheapies sold as file holders) and let the moving men decide whether to haul them whole or piecemeal.

If you are moving yourself, the large equipment probably doesn't need packing. But if you are hiring people, you should find some large boxes and wrap some items in blankets/surround with pillows. You don't want your ramp or step getting cracked!

Good luck! I hate moving...
gimmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-04, 07:40 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Great moving tips!
We moved ourselves so I took control of my fitness gadgets. Videos & dvds went into plastic crates so I could spot them anywhere. My small handweights went into plastic milk crates. The heavier ones were good for sliding under things into spots where other things wouldn't fit as did my barbells, bodybar & weight plates. My step was wrapped in a blanket & used as filler. Moving is exhausting whether you move yourself or not.
GOOD LUCK!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-04, 11:29 PM  
jaj999
VF Supporter

I think my movers packed my step in something - maybe a wardrobe box?? I know they boxed up the weights. They cut down book boxes & put maybe 25-30 lbs worth in each box. They cut the sides of the box & folded it so that it was maybe 2-5 inches tall & covered with a lot a tape. I had a heck of a time cutting those things open. I think my bar and my body bars were put in with things like brooms and mops - not packed in anything. Really heavy weights (for some reason I have a 50 and a 40 lb dumbbell - they just wrapped in a blanket & put in the truck.
Old 07-13-04, 08:44 AM  
AngiTN

We had someone move us but we were moving locally. I choose to take all my fitness stuff in the car on one of the trips we made before moving day. I never did devise a way to pack all my weights so I decided that doing it myself was a good solution. And a workout in and of itself I might add. Between all my dumbbells and plates, it took a lot of trips to and from the car. I counted that as my lifting for the day I did box my videos and dvds and marked them well. I had kept a few out to use the last few days in the old place and the first few in the new place and put those in an open first box, along with the remotes and a few other must have items. Made it easy to get right back on the wagon.
Old 06-10-17, 10:03 AM  
Carol K

I'm glad I found this thread. I'm moving on July 10 and this was very helpful.
Old 06-10-17, 10:16 AM  
sherry7899

Carol-good luck with your move!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-17, 10:40 AM  
Carol K

Thank you, Sherry. It's our first move in 23 years and I'm filled with dread.