Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-06-17, 07:43 PM  
baba

Anything else like P90x3?

So I really, really like P90x3. Like really. I like the 30 minutes length of the workouts, the type of exercises and the variety (and that it includes weights, yoga, pilates, plyo, etc.). I even kind of like Tony! Is there any other series that is like this? I like not having to think about a rotation and the fact that it seems so well rounded. I have been out of the fitness world for a while so please educate me! thanks!!
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-17, 06:48 AM  
Buzzer

I loved P90X3 also! I didn't think I would after reading all the negative reviews, but I loved the balance work and the PAP's. I was looking for something similar to do after it too, but I seriously don't think it exists. I moved to Dream Body workouts after it, so I can continue on working my whole body as a unit instead of individual parts, but i don't know if that's the answer for anyone else.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone has any ideas, however I wasn't able to find anything!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-17, 08:01 AM  
CarlaVeg

I have never done P90X3, even though I have the series LOL.... but it sounds like 21 Day Fix Extreme, which I am doing right now and I am enjoying it a lot!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-17, 09:31 AM  
baba

It's definitely not like the 21 day extreme. I have done the 21 day and part of the extreme and besides from annoying me, it is much less functional and doesn't have the flexibility parts. And p90x3 has way more workouts. But thanks for trying
edited to add that I just didn't click with the 21 day series (either of them). so sorry if my post seems snarky!
Old 05-07-17, 11:09 AM  
angie_nrs

Well it's been a while since I did P90X3 so my memory is lacking there. However, I am currently doing Katami 4x4 and it did kind of remind me of P90X. I'm not 100% sure why, since as I said, I don't specifically totally recall P90X3. The workouts I have done thus far (the Change series) clock in at about 47 minutes and they contain 1 minute blocks of cardio, leg, upper body, and abs that repeat. I am very pleased that I am getting good results with this set after only a few weeks. That might be the reason it reminds me of the P90X workouts.....because I got really great results with those.

I also did Body Beast a while back. Those are similar to P90X3 in that you lift heavy and they are shorter workouts. Although I didn't get the same results with Body Beast as I did with P90X.

One of these days I would like to go back and do a P90X and P90X3 hybrid rotation. I think mixing the 2 together would reduce the hour long dread I get with longer workouts. Mixing them together would help since if I did a long workout one day, I could so a shorter one the next. I would be more inclined to stick with that rotation than to just re-do the original P90X.
Old 05-07-17, 11:26 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba View Post
It's definitely not like the 21 day extreme. I have done the 21 day and part of the extreme and besides from annoying me, it is much less functional and doesn't have the flexibility parts. And p90x3 has way more workouts. But thanks for trying
edited to add that I just didn't click with the 21 day series....
Ditto. Loved P90X3 and despised all things 21DFix (for pretty much the same reasons you listed).

Have you tried P90X2? It is very focused on functional fitness and flexibility (certainly more like P90X3 than the original P90X) but the workouts are longer. It had bad reviews when it first came out but I think that was mostly because it wasn't like P90X as many people expected. And because it can kick your butt if you are coming from traditional weight lifting only. P90X2 has a way of shining a light on the weaknesses of isolated weight work because it focuses on integrated core strength. I think some P90X students didn't appreciate being knocked back to kindergarten
Old 05-07-17, 06:24 PM  
baba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Ditto. Loved P90X3 and despised all things 21DFix (for pretty much the same reasons you listed).

Have you tried P90X2? It is very focused on functional fitness and flexibility (certainly more like P90X3 than the original P90X) but the workouts are longer. It had bad reviews when it first came out but I think that was mostly because it wasn't like P90X as many people expected. And because it can kick your butt if you are coming from traditional weight lifting only. P90X2 has a way of shining a light on the weaknesses of isolated weight work because it focuses on integrated core strength. I think some P90X students didn't appreciate being knocked back to kindergarten
i haven't tried p90x2! thanks for the suggestion. I wish he would do a 4!
Old 05-07-17, 07:09 PM  
Malinda

Today finished out my second week of P90X3. So far I am really enjoying it. I feel like it lacks a little in cardio, so yesterday I did Breathless Body 1 with DH instead of CVX. Today I did Dynamix for the first time, after Warrior, and really liked that combo.

I don't have a pull-up bar, and even if I did, I would never be able to keep up with the people in the workouts, so I'm modifying those moves with a combination of bands and heavy weight work.

I think I'm actually going to make it through the entire 90 days of this rotation, with a little additional cardio. The balance work is really hard for me, but I'm hoping it will improve if I persist. I love the variety of workouts.
Old 05-08-17, 08:07 AM  
jojobean

Do you think you need to do P90x2 before doing P90x3. I like the shorter length of P90x3 and the workouts look great.
jojobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 08:11 AM  
enduranceron

I just wrapped up doing this P90X, P90X2 & P90X3 hybrid routine. I did sub in a couple of the missing workouts from the rotation to keep it all fresh but I enjoyed the variety and combining all three programs.

P90X, P90X2, P90X3 "X"-travaganza Hybrid

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." - Thomas Carlyle

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Ghandi
enduranceron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4x4 system, p90x3, paul katami