Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-20, 10:39 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
It's brand new, and I'm loving it. She does three exercises for as many rounds as fit in 10 minutes. There are mobility, stretch, and strength exercises. For example today was mobility/stretch in a deep squat, prone position arms to a T raise arms, and goblet squat. Monday had deadlift, overhead press, and shoulder distractions. Yesterday half get ups, one arm swings, and cat/cow. So far she has had the next workout up the afternoon before, so it's available for time zones ahead of us.

The 100 rep 30 day I'm going to do in 21 days to finish when Lauren's finishes. I'll double up on days I don't run. It's OK so far, but her counting isn't the best.

Tue I did the 100 rep glute followed by Lauren B as a warm up for my 5k run/walk which I've been heading out for at about 6:30 am! I like to run when it's cool, and I haven't eaten.
Do the previous workouts stay up so I can start late? I dislike that I have to do them through her website...
Old 06-04-20, 11:51 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
That's why I'm going at 6:30 am. I am up by 5, so it isn't really a problem getting out then.

So far the glute moves have been the usual suspects, but that's what I expected. I'm mainly using it for glute activation before the run and general toning.
You're much better about getting up than I am. I'm already getting up around 6:30.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 02:16 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Do the previous workouts stay up so I can start late? I dislike that I have to do them through her website...
The workouts stay up the duration of the challenge, and previous free challenges I have done I still have access to (just verified). The only bad thing about them being on her website is I have to do them in my room where my computer is, so I now have the KBs on the first floor instead of the main workout area.

For me, this has been my favorite Lauren B challenge.
Old 06-05-20, 07:05 PM  
buffmama

Not loving Heather's 28 day challenge. Most of her other workouts are by time not reps and have music primarily as the background. These seem to be rep based with lower/no music. That decreases the fun factor a lot for me.
Old 06-06-20, 06:03 PM  
Vantreesta

Finished week 4 of the 10k training app today, going slightly further than the other 2 days. I did my post-run yoga outside under a tree.

I decided my workout plans were too much for me right now (I know, surprising, huh??) so I scaled it back. I will finish Kassandra's challenge and then do the DoYouYoga one.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-07-20, 03:28 AM  
Helen

VANNIE
My YTD is working ok, bit slow to start moving off 0% but DID.
I'm on an iMac though, so it's the mac version of YTD.

When scouting that kind of software, I look for reviews in forums - tend to be the most honest, and often will give a direct link.

Sorry not to be much help.
The easiest way EVER was when you could just type 'kiss' in front of the youtube part of the url - but that doesn't work any more.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 08:43 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for checking, Helen. I'll have to keep trying or look for smthg else. I think I have seen others post in the GD what they use. I gotta get on it bc I'm afraid some like Travis and Eoin will pull theirs off YT as gyms and stuff open up.

Old 06-07-20, 10:36 PM  
Vantreesta

No workout today. I spent a lot of time sitting on the floor with my laptop watching church and then updating my minutes challenge and spreadsheet and tonight I sat more comfy and updated my workout log while we watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2. My mom loved both of the Guardians movies and we watched them again in February. Really missing her.

Old 06-08-20, 11:04 AM  
SandyO

Another day on the easy bike trails at City Wells Park. There are either a lot of trails, or I am riding in circles. I am getting more confident riding, but I can't wait for the day that the hill on the road to get back home is easy.

My right hip started bothering me running like my left did last year, so I decided to back off the running and cross train with the bike. Eventually I will ride to the trail and run the trails minimizing the road running. I'm stinky...

I am still liking both challenges I'm doing. Lauren's is one I would definitely repeat. I keep bringing more of my KBs up to my room. I guess I'll get a workout when I bring them back downstairs.
Old 06-08-20, 04:03 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning after my chiro appt I ran 2.5 mi for wk5 day 1 even though it was already 83 degrees and sunny. Did my yoga under the tree again, mostly YfR with some variation and then some of Jill's foot exercises.