Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-20, 10:39 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

I’m a day behind, been preoccupied with my Essentrics L3 studying.

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Jessica’s 6 Mile Mix: w/u & Cardio Interval Abs on the rebounder
~Ellen’s Power 15
~Essentrics Barre class on zoom with an instructor from Colorado

Today’s workouts:
~San Fran Fitness rebounder circuit interval workout (youtube)
~CS 1207 Posture
~Neighbourhood walk
~Chill Yoga Class on Vimeo - This is from my favourite studio in the city, it was very nice! I had a class pass to use up before the end of the month & I’m not ready to go back to the studio yet.

Kate - So nice to see you! (((Hugs)))

Thank you for all your kind wishes for my DS & his wife! It has been a long haul for them & they are so glad to be back home and finally settled in their new home.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 09:04 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday I did my own back relief routine in the a.m., and a full body strength / workout 1 premix on KCM's Muscle Up.

Nice workouts Pam, love those neighborhood walks. I can't even imagine the relief your DS and his family are experiencing.

Hi Margot, nice to see you. How fun about experimenting with your own skin care line, good luck with that and with all your studies.

Hello to anyone who visits.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 11:23 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello Sangha friends!!
Yes Yoga and meditation along with exercise really has helped me through the whole grief thing. And all your kind words really made me feel better.

I've been focusing the last two weeks on slightly shorter Yoga practices. Some Troy Hadeed from Gaia, some Eoin Finn too.
This week I did Rudy Mettia's Pace with Grace from Udaya, more Rudy and 40 Minute Flow #1 too. I'll finish the week with his other two 40 Min practices. They're sweet!

Big waves and hugs to everyone. Stay safe, keep smiling.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 01:30 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Today was:
- epilates HIIT Class 2
- ETV Sahra Full Body Workout
- BG Booty #1
- LH June 1 class, including my favourite 'Tea Cups' movement. There was also some good shoulder work.

Kate - Some nice yoga practices for you this week. I have one of Rudy's programs somewhere. You've inspired me to check it out again.

Pat - I can't believe I've never tried KCM. I always thought she'd be too hard. I meant to say how nice your waterfall walk sounds. Is it very close to your home?

Pam - Good luck with your Essentrics L3 studying.

Our Summer weather appears to be over for a while. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-04-20, 11:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics class on zoom
~30 min freestyle rebounding
~a few of my favourite yin hip stretches, gentle backbends, & forward bends

Pat - I think the biggest relief for DS & our family is that he will not be working in a Covid hot zone. At this point, touch wood, we are thankful it’s under control here. But that could change.

Kate - Lovely yoga practices, so glad they are comforting to you as you grieve.

Margot - That’s a productive day with lovely variety!

I’m finally in a productive groove with my studying. Another instructor and I had an hour tutoring session on zoom today with one of the level 4 instructors who does live training and exam testing. This was our second session and it was very helpful.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 06-05-20, 07:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF! Not much for me yesterday. I began it with Sarah Beth Deep Stretch Low Back and just rested after work - so tired.

I'm so happy your yoga and meditation are helping you Kate.

Margot - KCM can be kind of tweaky for back or knee people. I use only a select few of her workouts, primarily weights. The waterfall place is near home - never knew it was there all these years! Tea cups is so soothing and your workout looks fun.

Pam, please continue to stay safe. It is very good that your DS can start practice outside of a hot zone! It is good to hear that you have found "the zone" for your studies.

Have a fit and healthy day everyone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 09:45 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

Yesterday was:

Soul Sweat with Misa "Letting Go" forty minutes-I ran out of energy to do the full hour

Yoga Upload: Hips, Legs, Feet

Today:

Soul Sweat with Tori "Presence" one hour
Yoga Zone Sunrise practice. I am trying to use my yoga dvds again.

I gave up on KCM weights-they always tweaked my back. She has a lot of twisting moves. I'm not really using her dvds anymore . I also really miss her modifier Lauren, who was the best!

Kate, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I hope the yoga and meditation continue to help-sending you hugs! I saw Eoin Finn filmed a new practice that will available to purchase on Vimeo soon

Margot, I love reading the variety of your workouts. You give me good ideas!

Pam, I am really happy your son is working in a safe area. That much be such a relief!

Pat, I enjoy reading about your walks

Hugs,
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 02:14 PM  
Margot

Happy Friday everyone!

Today's workouts:
- ETV Meg's Live Class
- Body Groove Circuit #1 and Booty #2
- Ange's Pilates Quick Core - only 12 minutes but challenging! https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=UzivV08iRfU
- Yoga Ranger 10-minute stretch for upper body. This was just what I needed!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz-R0ZkThP4

Sherry - It's a good idea to use your yoga dvds. I must remember to dig some of mine out. I've got into the habit of streaming lately and I forget how much I still enjoy some of the 'oldies'.

Pat - What a nice surprise to find a hidden gem so close to home.

Pam - It's great that you're getting a lot of support from Essentrics during your training.

Hi to Kate, Cyana and Jackie and anyone passing by today.
Old 06-05-20, 10:52 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Jessica’s Walk On Metabolism Booster: Total Body Time Saver - a productive 15 min, compound moves but definitely no dread factor
~Jessica’s WS 8 Week: 1 Mile of Motivation
~MFML: Clive’s Yin Hip Opener

Margot - TBH, Essentrics doesn’t really provide a lot of support for instructor training IMO. Live training, which is on hold of course, is quite pricey. And out here on the west coast they’ve only provided live training for levels 1 & 2. I’d have to go all the way to Montreal or Colorado, at great expense, for level 3 & 4 training. They are finally talking about doing training webinars, something we’ve been requesting for a long time. My friend and I have been paying for the tutoring we’ve been doing. It’s going well, I think I’m on track to finish in a month or so.

Pat & Sherry - I am another who finds that KCM tweaks my back. I like her style and her vibe, but her workouts just don’t work for me.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 06-06-20, 04:53 PM  
cyana

Happy Week-end! I've mainly been walking, doing N.O. dumps, Essentrics hip cleaners, pranyama and lots of meditation (at least twice daily). I'm so happy to see summer veggies at the farmer's market - potatoes, summer squash, peppers and tomatoes - hooray! After I bought a boatload of squash, one of my vendors gave me a bag of squash, so my refrigerator now looks like The Great Squash Hoarder lives here! I tend to be lazy and roast them, since I haven't met a roasted veggie that I don't like, so I'm going to have to do some recipe research this evening and pick out a few new recipes to try. I also have a big stock pot of chicken bone broth simmering away on the stove.

Pam - Hooray that DS2 and DIL are reasonably close by. I had to look up Courtenay - looks like a lovely place with many things to do - assuming that DS2 has some free time during his residency! Good luck with your continued Essentrics training. Clive sounds like wonderful medicine - maybe I can have a Clive love fest in the morning.

Kate - I'm glad your routine is helping you manage your grief. ((Hugs)) to you and your dad. I loved the name of that Rudy practice "Pace with Grace". I could see Rudy being good medicine right now.

Sherry - I agree Lauren is one of, if not the best modifier I've seen. I sure do miss her in KCM's newer videos! I like KCM, but also have to watch out for those tweaky moves.

Pat - How neat to find a waterfall walk near your home. I wish I had a walking buddy, as I'd like to branch out and try some new walks before I wear out the neighborhood. I showed DH the broken flower pot landscape at the neighbor's house this morning and even he agreed it was a fun touch. I also chatted with a couple in the neighborhood this AM about their nice back yard landscaping.

Margot - What kind of skin care products are you contemplating making? I always smile when Lee jokes about not spilling the tea while doing teacups.

Jackie - Good to see you!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote