Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-20, 12:48 PM  
AnMrsDe

Arrow Just The Workouts~APRIL 2020~*Everyone Welcome!*

April 2020

This month I am continuing on with some strength workouts, Yvette, Cathe Live, maybe some walks outside, as well as yoga. Yoga is always a must!

1 - LITE Metabolic Blast; 2 hours cleaning up DS's flower beds @ his condo MB seemed super easy today--probably b/c I was using mostly 5's & 8's and not "ramping it up" like I usually do. (Conserving my energy for outdoor work). I hope it wasn't a mistake...sniffles and a headache already setting in...but it is so beautiful in the sunshine!!
2 - Cathe Live Rapid Fire Legs #180; Michelle's Yin Yoga; 2.25 hours yard work (at my house) Just LOVE this Live...maybe my favorite Leg Live? It has it all: weighted leg work, FW band segment (that includes cardio); hamstring/inner thigh mat segment; & a creative core segment and is just F-U-N!!! Too short on the stretch at the end, though, so I always have to add more. This is when I wish I had a 55" stability ball instead of a 65" during all those hamstring roll-ins!! This class has such a great focus on inner thighs, too! If my lower body isn't sore tomorrow from this workout + the 2 days/4 hours of stooping/squatting of yard work, then I don't know WHAT I have to do to make them sore, LOL!!
3 - Yes, I am SORE today! Winsor B&T; Michelle's Afternoon Yoga Reset with Twists (27 min.); 2 hours cleaning windows inside & outside LOVED Michelle's feel-good class - just a great destresser after the cleaning frenzy! Bookmarked - very rarely does she film classes where you're already warmed up and with no sun sals!
4 - Cathe Live PHA 2020 (#278 44 min.); Heather Robertson Full Body Stretch (Hip focus 12 min.) TOTALLY LOVED PHA 2020!!!! There are 4 sets of LB/UB format with same exercises for 2 rounds then 2 sets of different exercises. It didn't seem repetitive to me at all and I loved this one so much more than her Step Boss PHA! It may be b/c I liked the lower body exercises she chooses in the Live version and without using the topper? Or just maybe b/c it seemed a tad easier?? Don't know, but I am so glad I bought this D/L!!!! The first half seemed a little more metabolic than the last half but it could have been b/c I was using heavier weights than she was and I was going at a slower pace in spots. The last half definitely has more of a "heavy strength" focus than the first half. 312 cal burn after Heather's stretch. This definitely will be my go-to for an awesome PHA workout!! 4 from me!! I really enjoyed Heather's stretch....her stretches are hit/miss for me, but this one focuses on hips and it was a hit as it hit them good! haha

5 - Level Up (Detox); LU Meditation (Mental Noting) I always feel so accomplished after these LU practices. This one is super sweaty and I even had a headache afterward from the toxins being released. Fantastic class! I didn't do too bad on the meditation today until... Travis says to go ahead on your own, and then I couldn't concentrate after that! But I'm getting there....
6 - Yvette Bachman At Home: 40 min. METABOLIC BURN!!!; Mimi's Deep Stretch (Bonus stretch) Short & Sassy describes this class - LOVED!!!! A good one for a "crunched" workout area - she films in her basement and WHAT a spectacular basement it is!!! Wow! I loved all the exercises in this class...I used 15's like she does and only had to slow down the pace for the bicep curls/"W" curls for my elbows. Definitely a fantastic metabolic FUN workout!! Her kitty comes around often and loved how Yvette finally gave him some lovin'! Anyone wanting to try this one or to see her basement, LOL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxbqsqzo5Mg
7 - 3.03 Mile Walk Outside! (43 min., 382 cal); Michelle's Yin Yoga; (Later): YT Cathe One on One Boot Camp Blast Home Workout Finally nice enough (for me) to take it outside...my sinuses/allergies are ok right now but I do have the sniffles. I did the loop around 3-4 different subdivisions past the lake and up the big hill and my time wasn't too awful bad for the first time out this season! Close to 80*(!) here now (late afternoon). Cathe's workout was a nice little PM pick-me-up! It was so cool to see her house, too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJgYB8aSPts Beautiful!
8 - Michelle's Yin Yoga I was at the grocery store in my garb of gloves and mask by 8:00 a.m. before the crowd. Then, in afternoon I had to take my parents to an appt. so the day was pretty much shot...only got to do a stretch...but just as well, as my body is SOO sore from my walk yesterday!!! I couldn't hardly walk today...I certainly don't want to egg on my hip issues again. I think the speed walks are what caused it initially....so probably not going to get in fast walks often. IF ONLY I could just walk at a leisurely pace!! ;0/
9 - ICE MM (w/u); Beast Total Body; my Beast add-on; stretch Felt soooo good to hang with Sagi today (and didn't have to speed walk, LOL!). Great, great workout...during my add-on, I could only do 1 set for each muscle group as my muscles were spent. I used 12's - 30's today and my muscles are pumped!
10- Winsor B&T; Yoga 30For30 (Edge); Gina B's Standing Abs Walking Workout; Yummy by Justin Bieber Standing Abs The baby took only cat naps today so I did get 3 out of the 4 workouts completed at once, LOL. Gina's were so fun and easy to do upstairs with no equipment.
11- Cathe Live Burn It Bootcamp #280 (43 min.); YT Effortless Health Glute Challenge #2 (10 min.); Yvette Bachman Short Core Stretching workout on Stability Ball (13 min.) I don't know if it is just me but I thought this Live seemed a little disorganized, like Cathe was making it up as she went along. Therefore, I missed the first rep on a whole lotta exercises b/c she doesn't give us time to pick up weights. And picking my poundages added to that as well. I could've went heavier on quite a few but I mostly followed Cathe today. Also the warm up was a bit inadequate for me. So really, I'm glad to have an easier Live in my D/L library! It seems I always buy the ones that are tougher. I used my step at 8", 5's-15's are used and the format is a cardio exercise before each UB and LB exercise for 6 rounds. In hindsight, I probably wouldn't have purchased this D/L if I had done it in its' entirety beforehand. There are a lot of other BC's that I enjoy more so. 243 cal burn (but I had a HRM glitch, so not sure when it malfunctioned). I guess I can't love 'em all! Effortless Health GC#2 was really good! It starts out doing goblet squats with a 25# KB then mostly standing lunge variations into glute bridge work with 5#'s. I have never seen bridges with your feet in a diamond shape! Loved this bridge work and think this w/o would be a nice alternative to Winsor B&T sometimes. Thanks, tangerine, for posting about this!!! I liked the instructor as well...she seems like she knows her stuff. Also added Yvette's stretch in which she has her chiropractor with her discussing core and back stretches. Laying your back over the ball was recommended by my chiropractor as well to really stretch out your back. He had some good pointers. I love how Yvette is really pumping out the workouts! I like that a lot are shorter and a variety of workouts, as well!

12-He Is Risen✝️✝️✝️ Eoin's PYFH2 (Bliss Rider 42 min.); Amazon Prime Strong & Centered 2 (Steve Jones)
13- Yvette Bachman 45 min Big Leg & Cardio Burn; Effortless Health Glute Challenge #2; Heart Alchemy Yoga Yin Yoga for Stress Release. This is my 5/6th? attempt to post today: keep getting 500 Error message....and too lazy to type my comments again!! But a Very fun Yvette class!!
14- Yvette Bachman BOSU Burn (49 min.); Heather Robertson (Low Impact Standing Abs); Crunch Candlelight Yoga (Seated stretches, Restorative Pose, Final Relaxation Pose segments=15 min.) Besides being at poolside, and an incredibly noisy annoying bird chirping throughout the whole thing, this one was FUN! Love how she incorporates core throughout the whole thing and her BOSU workouts always are fantastic leg workouts....probably not such a good idea to do this one after yesterday's leg workout. It seemed I was mostly a beat behind Yvette, as I'm still getting used to the Bosu for quick cardio....but still had great fun and kept up pretty well. This one was sweaty for me - can't imagine doing it in the hot sun like they were!! Heather's class is always a great core segment and it's literally been years since I pulled out Candlelight Yoga!! Very nicely chaptered to do the segments you want. Glad to see I'm not getting the posting error today! ETA: Mowed the grass (40 min.) What a cold & blustery day - I think I broke the record for mowing as fast as I could! Haha, talk about taking the corners on two wheels! And I did get that speed walk in there anyway! :0) But is it SAD that I actually enjoyed being out there just to get out of the house??? haha
15- YT Get Heather Fit (Move Your Asana Pilates Fusion=59 min.); 2 25 mile walk later This site was mentioned in GD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bgGDhxYEYw and I was wanting something different today, so thought I'd give Heather a whirl. I think she probably is an intermediate barre-fusion teacher (my guess) but you have to get used to her personality. "Yaahh?" was mentioned quite a few times when cueing to give her that Northern dialect (think Fargo, LOL). This class reminded me of Barre 3 stuff, very fusion-y, and with a driving beat. I really didn't mind it....not sure how often I'll do barre-type stuff but it was fun for something different. The core work wasn't much but maybe it seemed easier to me since I'm used to Cathe & Yvette. I know why I don't like to do this kind of workout often...she works one side for quite awhile then when it's time to work the other side, there's a big dread for me. This w/o wasn't so bad but the format reminded me of Tonique and those type of w/o's which I really tend to dread b/c of that. Later, I dressed for a walk (I was competing with the wind so no speed walk today, LOL). But the sun is shining so bright it made it a little more doable. While I was out, I stopped at the store to check for Chlorox Wipes that perhaps might be there, but no luck....:0(
16- Heart Alchemy Yoga (Michelle's Quarantine Yoga w/o-Grounding, Centering At Home Yoga Class (35 min.); Winsor B&T Michelle's class was an easier flow and I enjoyed it.
17- LITE Pyramid Pump (Pyramid Up Upper Body 3 sets premix=30 min.); my UB add-on; PHA3 (Extended Lying Stretch); YT Full Power Yoga Cross Train w/ Travis (30 min.) I did PP during the baby's nap then took her downstairs with me while watching me do my UB add-on. :0) She did great (only 15 min., but still...) I talked to her while doing the exercises which kept her interest. She laughed while I bounced my stability ball around! Later, upstairs I did Travis' class using my laptop while she watched her sing-along-video on the TV....that really did work well! Have to remember that! ;0)
18- YT Effortless Health 20 min. Low Impact HiiT: Burn Fat, Build Muscle, Improve Fitness; Yvette Bachman 30 Min. Cardio/Bodyweight Workout; Sydney Cummings 10 min. Full Body Stretch EH was a great warm-up...liked her moves while being all low impact. I did Yvette's class again...just love it for some great cardio and bodyweight work! I used 8's and I used 5's for EH w/o. The first half of Sydney's stretch includes psoas stretches which I needed! I changed up the last segment of Sydney's standing stretch by laying on my mat to do more leg exercises. (I don't like stretches that are all standing...have to LAY on mat to stretch me out!). It felt so great to do some cardio today after having the baby two days in a row. I don't want to be in the middle of a tough cardio workout and have to stop if she cries...strength w/o's and yoga are ok to stop in the middle. ;-) ETA: 2.36 mile walk It was so incredibly windy out there that I'm second guessing if it was a good idea to go or not. I had my air pods in my ears but the wind still got in them....I can't risk another sinus infection again, ugh!

19- Yoga30For30 (Intention; Even Flow) Love these two classes!
20- Cathe Live Hooked On PHA Live #288 (52 min.); 1 hour yard work; 2.74 mile walk Ugh, I need to subscribe for a month to try these Live classes out before I buy them!!! LOL It reminded me of Step Boss PHA3 even though this one is easier, and I didn't really mind the exercises (no push dips, thankfully) but the form of some of the class members was terrible! Usually I can look away but not today (I was mesmerized haha) and it didn't help that they're in camera range for most of the workout. :/ It wasn't just on a few exercises, it was on MOST. And I don't like to criticize people who try like heck to be there every class and want to work out with Cathe, but I really wish they weren't in Cathe's camera range....I found it really distracting today. I'll try this one again but now I know I'll have to not watch her, LOLOLOL. I think I need to try one of the Lives where Cathe's by herself. ;0) There was a lot of stooping doing yard work, as I was picking up lots and lots of small twigs from getting our tree trimmed yesterday. So I was fatigued before my walk. And it was windy again (ugh) but today I had my hood! All around, not the best work out day!! :0/
21- Travis' Short & Sweet (#1)
22- KCM Lean Circuits (Boxing/UB premix--15 min. only); Hammer & Chisel (Total Body Hammer); my Beast add-on consisting of 2 sets 15R of Sagi's bi's/hammers, tricep k/b's, & calf raises; stretch Wasn't feeling KCM's w/o so put in H&C. Such a good one even tho it omits direct work of triceps & biceps! So that is remedied by doing a Beast add-on since Total Body is on the H&C disc anyway! :0) Great to see the Sagi man!
23- 3.16 mile walk; Mow Max/Yard Work=1.5 hours It was awesome weather - 63* and no wind which makes all the difference.
24- Yvette Bachman Cardio Kickboxing BURN with Weights (41 min.); Shiva Rea Daily Energy (Shanti); 2.08 mile walk; stretch How much fun was Yvette's workout?? Major FUN!! I was craving some k/b lately and this one was an absolute BLAST! It didn't seem overkill and had just the right amount of reps. Loved her combos! She puts a few kicks in there--not many--would've even liked more, and inserts weight work for shoulders, back, legs, & biceps using dumbbells and resistance band. This one gets 4 hearts from me! I had no choice but to really hoof it on my walk - esp. the last mile, as it started to rain right at the mile marker! But I didn't get too awful wet, I wore my rain coat and ball cap just in case so I was prepared. These last two days were great workout days!! (Was starting to feel a little down lately and was yammering on my workouts & class participants). I think the walks and Yvette have helped!!
25- Cathe's Great Glutes (no Floor work premix=45 min.) This is a good workout and easy to do after a weight workout the day before. I used 12's mostly and held a DB doing the exercises Cathe doesn't use any weight, although I did drop it (on purpose!) while doing the Warrior lunges. Sometimes you need those easier workouts, too, in your collection and this was one of those days!

26- Five Parks Yoga (Yoga For Intense Times - 47 min.); Later: 2.55 mile walk + 20 min. yard work This class was absolutely MAGICAL for a Sunday morning!! One of my favorites on her site. Just a fabulous flow with the right amount of balance challenge to make it zip right by. She includes some nice words of wisdom also. Highly recommend! <3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzcz8iEc41Q
27- Five Parks Yoga (Yoga For Intense Times - 47 min.); Winsor B&T; 1.5 hour walk strolling the baby Yes, I did the same yoga class...that's how much I love it! The weather cooperated to stroll the baby and she was asleep by a .10 of a mile out! One neighbor jokingly commented to "slow down" as I passed him....hmmm, didn't think I was going that fast, LOL.
28- 4.24 mile walk; Five Parks Yoga (Deep Stretch Yoga Class-15 min.) It was a beautiful day (until evening before the rain), and I felt like I could keep going and going and going on my walk. Love that feeling!
29- Cathe Live Muscle Confusion Live #285 (45 min.); Angie's Bedroom Body (60 min.) Cathe's class was an easier class...probably more intermediate as Cathe, herself, mentions. It uses DB's, gliders and includes cardio, core & weights. A bit metabolic but there's tons more fun metabolic ones, IMO. At least I didn't notice any bad form today!! ;0) I forget how tough Angie's workout is!! It was so good to revisit this one (hadn't done it since 3/18!) and was thrilled that I can still do the duration of the boat work in the core segment w/ outstretched hands. Love the clam work, too! Enough of the "put your shoulders in your back pocket" talk though! That I didn't miss, LOL.
30- Yvette 30 Min. Low Impact Cardio Kickboxing; stretch; Mow Max (1.5 hours/yard work); 1.65 mile walk I really liked Yvette's class for some "downtime" cardio that includes no jumping. This is more of a conditioning kickboxing class that is slower so it focuses on form so I didn't burn very many calories. (That said, I usually don't with true k/b classes that include very little high impact). I thought Yvette gave some good form pointers and I loved her combos!! Finally, some k/b combos! I couldn't help but throw in some jumps in there, just b/c, so this class is super easy to ramp it up with jumps and with gloves too. LOVE to have added this in my favorites for those non-high impact days! Super windy out today but 63* & the sun is shining so bright, I added on an add'l walk to Mow Max/Yard Work.

Wow! I didn't take a FULL-OUT total rest day this month!! I guess I could count a yoga-only day as a "rest" day, but my body might disagree with that philosophy. :0)
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts