Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-11-15, 05:26 PM  
Zenara25

Also heard/read that it leaches into the ground through the septic systems and then ends up eventually back again into the water system... But who knows

Off topic sorry.... My town has had to flush our water supply 1 week every August due to E. coli They give out bottled water or ask people to boil the water before drinking! They add all kinds of extra (possibly toxic/bad tasting) stuff to our water to combat this such as chlorine. So for a few reasons, I refuse to drink the tap water as is.
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-15, 05:38 PM  
aunatural

Really sorry to hear that your husband is not even trying to be supportive. I agree with Zenara25, he's the disgusting one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
about this one life changing event in your life, it sucks......of course, it really doesn't matter in my case as my DH says he's no longer attracted to me as he hates fat peeps and he says I'm fat and disgustig as I gained 50 pounds from menopause and other problems secondary to it.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-15, 05:42 PM  
aunatural

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides...drinking-water

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
OMG I hope what you read in number 3 is false..that would be disgusting.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-15, 06:03 PM  
lorajc

I feel bad for mentioning that here cuz I've mentioned it on some weightloss threads before and I think sometimes people think I'm whining and am acting like poor me, when in fact I'm not, I'm actually really trying to lose weight but it seems to not want to come off and i am also venting as its very hurtful and I now believe it.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-15, 06:31 PM  
Zenara25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
I feel bad for mentioning that here cuz I've mentioned it on some weightloss threads before and I think sometimes people think I'm whining and am acting like poor me, when in fact I'm not, I'm actually really trying to lose weight but it seems to not want to come off and i am also venting as its very hurtful and I now believe it.
I remember watching this on Dr. Oz and it really upset me that people are behaving this way. I personally don't believe weight should be our main focus in life. For me it's overall health and being happy.
http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/dr-o...all-over-world
http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/dr-o...=4201767371001
Old 09-11-15, 08:52 PM  
Diana3271

lorajc {{hugs}} I am very sorry to read that your DH said that.

I second the recommendation of coconut oil. Good stuff. Not only am I at that age, but I also take antihistamines daily for angioedema. Everything gets dried up. Coconut oil to the rescue.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-15, 06:14 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenara25 View Post
I have estrogen dominance (this is a low Pg/E2 ratio), which doesn't surprise me. My mom recently had breast cancer and estrogen dominance can be a contributing factor based on my research. My gynecologist said almost all women have this issue nowadays. But just because it's common does not make it normal/safe! Some steps I personally take regarding this issue. 1. I avoid dairy products unless labeled rBGH free. 2. Stopped BC about a year ago because this increases estrogen. 3. I filter my water. I read that tap water (not sure if this is true) is bad because the water is recycled and all the hormones (estrogen) women urinate out can not be filtered by the local community water filters. 4. Only hormone-free meat. 5. Take DIM/IC3 and Chaste Tree Berry to balance my hormones naturally. 6. Only drink from glass bottles. Never drink or reheat in microwave from plastic containers because BPA (maybe even BPA-free plastic too?) can leach chemicals that act like estrogen.
I also hope #3 is not true!

It's a good idea to avoid soy, too.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-15, 07:45 AM  
Zenara25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
Just a warning - I took HRT for about 10 years and ended up with breast cancer. I kept trying to wean myself off of it but would always go back on because my hot flashes were so bad. When I got BC, I weaned myself off for the last time but, 2-1/2 years later, I'm still getting hot flashes. It's pretty miserable. But just want to emphasize that HRT is known to cause breast cancer if you're on it too long.
My mom was also on HRT when she got breast cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I also hope #3 is not true!

It's a good idea to avoid soy, too.
Yes good point. I do avoid soy for the most part. But I do consume organic soy on occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunatural View Post
Thanks for this excellent website article about hormones etc in our water supply! Good information.
Old 09-12-15, 10:16 AM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
My mother died from ovarian cancer (and she never even took any hormones) so I've been advised by my gyn not to mess with hormones and I won't. As you say, it is a risk for BC, but it is for ovarian cancer as well.
I am on Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy to avoid the cancer risk. I have a history of bladder CA myself so it was a worry.
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-15, 10:37 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Last year on 60 Minutes they had a segment about a study on people who lived to be over 90. Two key things, they exercised daily and ate and drank what they wanted. Dessert, sure! Wine or coffee, bring it on! And taking vitamins made no difference in longevity.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/living-t...nd-60-minutes/

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather enjoy eating and drinking everything, in moderation.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, hormonal replacement, hormones, menopause, old thread alert, over 50, peri-menopause, perimenopause