Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-30-15, 02:51 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
Stress is a big issue too...I'm still coming to terms with my mother's death earlier this year, as well as my sister and brother-in-law's divorce and my nephew's (their son's) struggles with addiction.

Peri/menopause + hypothyroidism + stress = what a winning combination
I feel for you, we have faced addition in our family too. And having grief and divorce in the picture too is hard. Alanon has been very helpful for me in dealing with addition in a close family member. (((Hugs)))

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-15, 03:38 PM  
Fitstick

I've noticed too that I used to look toned and now not so much. Seems harder and harder to stay fit. It is discouraging but what can you do. Just keep on keeping on.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-15, 03:44 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlita View Post
I'm in peri and I do feel more fatigue -- though it may be more related to working too hard at my job lately. I also got terrible frozen shoulder, which is very common with menopause and is super important to recognize and address early (I didn't). My sleep is OK now but has had rough patches. I'm not taking any medications.

I teach barre and therapy ball massage, and I practice pilates, but my cardio has gone down the drain -- even walking -- and my belly is showing it. I'm very mindful with my nutrition, so this is frustrating.

But it's my intention to do more walking now that the brutal heat outside has lifted, and to increase my barre/pilates regimen, as well as yoga.
I could've written this post almost word for word except the teaching therapy ball massage and practicing Pilates. I teach/do barre and do some Firm/KCM/Tracie Long/yoga workouts. I'm almost 49.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-15, 04:24 PM  
TinaT

I know I originally posted about menopause, but I am in the Peri stage right now. Went a full 6 months without "aunt flo" and then, BAMM! I just want to feel good about walking, then I can get excited abou other forms of exercise.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-15, 04:43 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Been there, done that, and continuing to do that. I am also hypothyroid.

I have struggled with the loss of my parents. Once I start feeling somewhat better, something else major happens, a friend passes away, another friend is diagnosed with cancer, another one has a stroke, etc. It's like all the stress is triggered all over again, to the point that I have felt like I had PTSD.

I have found the guided meditations from Belleruth Naparstek to help with this stress and I truly feel that I have made some progress.
Thanks, Diana! I'll probably try meditation at some point.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-15, 04:44 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I feel for you, we have faced addition in our family too. And having grief and divorce in the picture too is hard. Alanon has been very helpful for me in dealing with addition in a close family member. (((Hugs)))
Thank you, Pam! <<hugs>>

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Old 08-30-15, 06:00 PM  
cherimac

Julie and others, I am sorry. It seems like lots of us get hit with loss at this time in our lives. It makes things so hard. Hugs and prayers to all of you.
Old 08-30-15, 06:10 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Julie and others, I am sorry. It seems like lots of us get hit with loss at this time in our lives. It makes things so hard. Hugs and prayers to all of you.
I second that.

Old 08-31-15, 12:01 PM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
It really is something.

I've been feeling much better since I started taking sleep meds regularly. I hadn't realized how exhausted I was til I felt better. Whew.

The whole 'wow, I don't feel exhausted' thing is what's given me a good foundation to start working out more regularly (and to lose some weight, whee!).
So glad to see this thread. It has been a tough ride for me. I now take trazodone for sleep and what a lifesaver that has been!
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-15, 12:04 PM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
I also have Hashimoto's thyroiditis. That helps a lot...NOT.
I have Hashimoto's also. I am on armour thyroid which has helped alot.
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, hormonal replacement, hormones, menopause, old thread alert, over 50, peri-menopause, perimenopause