Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-18-20, 12:57 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

is this Leslie 1 Mile in Home Walk on DVD?

hi,

just came across this and the set looks interesting - it's a vintage Leslie where she's on a round dais, and there's tall rectangular windows behind her with frosted glass that appear to overlook a garden. she is alone and wearing a white spaghetti strap cami w/ black pants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCe3ZS7pAC4

if it is on DVD, which one? i love that the set is different.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 04:56 PM  
LAC

I used to have that. It was on a DVD that was included with one of her books, although I don't remember which book it was. I think the same set was used for her "You Can Do" series (pilates, yoga, stability ball) DVDs.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 05:11 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
I used to have that. It was on a DVD that was included with one of her books, although I don't remember which book it was. I think the same set was used for her "You Can Do" series (pilates, yoga, stability ball) DVDs.
Wow, I forgot about that one! I cannot remember if I still have the book and DVD. I think I gave it to my sister. I need to check.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 05:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Wow, I forgot about that one! I cannot remember if I still have the book and DVD. I think I gave it to my sister. I need to check.
was it this book - Walking the Walk Getting Fit With Faith published in 2007?
https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Walk-...s=books&sr=1-2

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 09-18-20, 08:57 PM  
mamaste

This walk was originally a giveaway when you joined the Walk Club. It was eventually included with this book:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0446577006..._OtwzFb5X9QH8T
Old 09-26-20, 08:38 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
was it this book - Walking the Walk Getting Fit With Faith published in 2007?
https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Walk-...s=books&sr=1-2
No, that one is 2 miles and has backgrounders, including a man that I kept fearing would have a heart attack or collapse.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 02:06 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
No, that one is 2 miles and has backgrounders, including a man that I kept fearing would have a heart attack or collapse.
I clicked to see heart attack man, but it was just the book, darn it. I'll have to look at my bookcases, because I did have one Leslie book.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 04:31 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
Thanks Cynthia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavtx View Post
I clicked to see heart attack man, but it was just the book, darn it. I'll have to look at my bookcases, because I did have one Leslie book.
our library doesn't carry this book, so i was very curious. i was able to locate the other one from our library which has the video/DVD in question.

Tags
leslie, leslie sansone