Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-13-20, 08:20 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Ryka has plenty of cross trainers. You can probably find better prices on other sites, though:

https://www.ryka.com/womens-shoes/tr...sort=relevancy

They have some on Zappos. They have free shipping both ways. That way you can figure out which ones you like.

https://www.zappos.com/ryka-xt
I love Ryka cross trainers. DSW has them.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-20, 09:05 PM  
sherry7899

That is good to know that DSW has Ryka. Thank you!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-20, 09:29 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

If you like choreography, running shoes are a pain. They have super grippy, lugged soles. Great for running; not so great for choreography. Cross-trainers have smoother soles and you're much less likely to torque your knees doing pivots etc. For rapid directional changes, I recommend cross-trainers.

That said, I wore running shoes for YEARS AND YEARS before I discovered cross-trainers and survived.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 04:07 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
If you like choreography, running shoes are a pain. They have super grippy, lugged soles. Great for running; not so great for choreography. Cross-trainers have smoother soles and you're much less likely to torque your knees doing pivots etc. For rapid directional changes, I recommend cross-trainers.

That said, I wore running shoes for YEARS AND YEARS before I discovered cross-trainers and survived.
Completely agree with you Susan! I wore running shoes for strength training and HIIT classes where we do a lot of weighted balance work. I didn't realize what a difference changing shoes would make until I tried the cross trainers for non-running stuff. Whew... what a difference!
Old 09-20-20, 06:16 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
You could try volleyball shoes also. They have great cushioning and nice support for lateral movement too. A lot of brands carry a line of volleyball shoes so I won’t hype one over the other.
cjayd

Please hype a brand for me that you know of..that's what I have been hunting... volleyball shoes because I think I'd prefer those with the soles they have.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 07:03 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post

Yes, the soles of cross trainers are much better for anything with choreography. I like that they support lateral movement much better than running shoes. Ebay has brand outlets that sell cross trainers at a very reasonable price. I bought some reebok cross trainers for less than half price with free shipping through Ebay. I think asics has a brand outlet there, too.
Old 09-24-20, 01:29 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I just ordered Ryka Devotion XT crosstrainers. Perfect timing for this thread! My current crosstrainers are 6 years old and needed replacement.
Old 09-24-20, 02:35 PM  
ChelePA

Would love to hear brands and recommendations? I have ordered ASICS all the time but had to return the last 2 pair. My feet were hurting after cardio. I’m wearing my old sneakers until I find a good replacement.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 02:45 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
I just ordered Ryka Devotion XT crosstrainers. Perfect timing for this thread! My current crosstrainers are 6 years old and needed replacement.
6 years!!! I have to replace mine every year or I start to have foot pain.
Old 09-24-20, 03:48 PM  
mamaste

My current favorites are from a company called 361 degrees. The founder is a former shoes designer at Brooks. They have a lot of all over stability while keeping a low drop for weight work. I also like On shoes. They sell running shoes as well as cross trainers. A brand that I’ve been eyeing since they are so popular is No Bull. They only sell online, which is why I am hesitant to try them.

Tags
shoes, workout shoes