Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-20, 07:09 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
I hope everyone can stay safe.

Today I took off a few hours early from work. Less TV news and the newspaper has helped a whole lot. I stay informed but I don't watch it longer than 30 minutes.

My Halloween decorations come out on October 1.

My friend and I got in a shorter walk due to rain.
I'm an early decorator. My village is huge plus I have a lot of other decorations so I get them up early to enjoy all that work for longer! Halloween is my favorite day of the whole year. I actually did some retail therapy of my own today and bought a little more! Tmrw I plan to put up everything that's left to do after they blow out the sprinklers. Figured I'd wait on the cemetery to make sure it's not in their way. This morning a motion sensor skeleton was going off every few minutes so I had to turn it off. I think the wind was blowing its shroud in front of the sensor and setting it off.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 02:16 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
.. This morning a motion sensor skeleton was going off every few minutes so I had to turn it off. I think the wind was blowing its shroud in front of the sensor and setting it off.
I don't know, it is a Halloween skeleton, could be the ghosts setting it off.

I haven't been reading much of the news lately, and I'm trying to stop myself from interacting with a couple of relatives on certain topics. One brother does push my buttons, but as I've become more aware of it, it's becoming a little easier to ignore him. A little

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 02:17 PM  
Vantreesta

Haha! I did tell Cyric we were being haunted!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 09-26-20, 08:02 PM  
DCW

If the skelton would scare the deer in my backyard, I would have it up 12 months.

Today we did a little yardwork which was a nice break from staying in the house. Tiger mosquitos are still out!!

My favorite mug filled with peppermint tea. Barely any news which is good. Lotion today is a blend of scents to help with sleeping.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 08:57 PM  
Vantreesta

Haha! I have zombie gnomes on the front porch all year long! A friend came over a couple weeks ago for the first time and said rep, got the right house, all the undead in front.

I've never heard of tiger mosquitoes.

I need to go make my tea soon. Maybe peach ginger turmeric.

Old 10-01-20, 11:33 AM  
Vantreesta

Are people interested in continuing this check in for October?

Old 10-01-20, 06:59 PM  
DCW

Yes, please do.

This check-in has helped me to keep up my physical activities and to realize that self-care is more than fitness and physical activity. I got the fitness down pretty good. It's the other stuff I need to work on.

Emotionally it's been tough these past months so self care makes me focus and remember I need to do it.
Old 10-01-20, 10:39 PM  
Vantreesta

Oh, I forgot the title doesn't say September so we can just continue on with this thread till year end. I agree, it helps me think of little ways to treat myself and keeps wellbeing on my mind.

Old 10-02-20, 08:12 AM  
Vantreesta

29 degrees this morning! I knew there was a frost advisory but I still wasn't expecting it.

I've had a rough week. I didn't realize how much I was using baseball to avoid feelings. I'm feeling sad and anxious and have had headaches most days this week. I did workout some. I did Classical Stretch (still can't get into this) or yoga every morning before breakfast and the only other thing I can remember right now was CLX Burn Circuit 2 on Tuesday. I baked cookies after the Twins were eliminated from playoffs bc I was so depressed. Yesterday I made sausage rolls for my father-in-law.

Old 10-02-20, 08:14 PM  
DCW

Busy day winding down.

I think this year has hit us all really hard. Things I would have taken in stride in the past knocks me off my feet.

I have to work at getting and keeping a good mood, positive attitude, whatever. I can feel sadness creeping out of its corner. It's a daily battle. I am indulging in lotions, teas, long walks, and Peanuts cartoons. I think I am going to checkout Calvin and Hobbes from the library next.

Tags
coping with adversity, meditation, self-care