Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-25-20, 10:34 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Cathe Slow & Heavy (Butt/Legs and calves workout)
Tamilee Total Stretch for Beginners, 30 minutes total (Standing Practice=10min; Sitting Practice=10 min; Floor Practice=10 min)

I wore a 10 pound weighted belt during Cathe's lower body work so my old lady hands wouldn't get too stressed holding weights through the entire workout.

I really love the 10 minute Standing Stretch from Tamilee's Total Stretch for Beginners. It feels great and it's done in a beautiful beach setting. The floor and sitting practices are OK but the Standing practice remains my favorite and I keep that DVD just for that standing practice alone. On that same DVD, there is a Beginners Stretch for Flexibility practice that I haven't done in a long time and will have to try it again to see how I feel about it now.

Anny, the first 15 minutes on my back in the Power Foundation practice is my favorite part from Rodney's Ultimate Power Yoga DVD.
I wish I knew how to dance. I feel like a klutz when I try to dance.

Sandra, thank you for your review of Trudie Styler's Pure Sculpt. I will have to try again both of the arm sections on that DVD. Today I have a lot of DOMS from Jari's R&C so I'll have to try the arm sections when I'm not so sore.

Pam, as I mentioned to Sandra, it has been a long time since I've done the arm sections from Trudie Styler's Pure Sculpt and I want to try them again. The Lower Body 1 segment is fun to do and is my favorite segment on that DVD.
It's really cool to see you progress with your Essentrics certification Levels. I am proud of you!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 10:43 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

CS 624
Tamilee's Total Stretch for Beginners (Beginners Stretch for Flexibility practice=26 minutes)

CS 624 is a standing and floor workout. Miranda did the floorwork on a red chaise lounge. This episode remains a favorite of mine.

Tamilee's Beginners Stretch for Flexibility was done in a park-like setting and it was just OK. It had some balance work, which is good. I still like the 10 minute Standing stretch that I did yesterday the most from this DVD.

I'm waving to everyone!
Old 09-26-20, 11:20 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hmm, I see I meant to post yesterday but never got around to it. TGIF and Happy Saturday!

Anny, I did like the Sarah Beth practice, but since I was doing it at work, I got interrupted before I could finish.

Pam, that is excited about your next level certification; sounds like a good timeline. I remember that Trudie did have some nice moves in her videos.

Paine I found that the Tamilee video is on YouTube, so I saved it for later, maybe tomorrow. Is the standing part the first section (no chapters on YT)?

I filmed my first video for my new YT "VIP Yoga" series this morning! I have to process/upload it, but it should be live later today.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 11:37 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, at this link, the first 10 minute Standing Stretch feels really good (done at the beach):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkLl...nnel=SuperSumi
Old 09-26-20, 07:03 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Paine! It's been awhile since I've done any Tamilee; I'll try to remember it tomorrow.

I did my first VIP Yoga video; it's a little shadow-y but I think the sound is better:
https://youtu.be/5ZQpy4dgYOE

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-26-20, 08:29 PM  
JustSandra

Happy Saturday!

Yesterday was a planned rest day.

Today's Workout: I pulled out another "fusion" DVD I forgot I owned -- Tracy Anderson's Method Express. I know I kept it for the Arms section, but when I did it today it was just "meh." I then tried out a couple of the other sections but quit less than a minute going in. Method Express is now excused from my collection! After that I did Pilates + Yoga from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 set. I had done this routine before but my only memory of it was I didn't especially care for it. Well, it will never be a favorite (it seems to contain mostly exercises I either don't like or am not good at!) but overall the routine is well thought out.

Yogapam: Have fun with Level 4! I vaguely recall Jackie saying this is the level where you get to design your own routines. If that is true I'm sure you will have fun.

Paine: I remember that red chaise lounge! Season 6 is still a favorite of mine despite its age.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 08:41 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say hello! I’ll post my week tomorrow.

Sandra - I’m so looking forward to designing my own classes. I have already started doing some variations in the trademarks I teach, but I maintain the integrity & order set out.

Beth - I want to look at more of your practices. I most often do my own thing these days with yoga, but it’s good to get some fresh ideas.

You are too kind Paine!

Waves to all & see ya tomorrow!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 09:17 AM  
cyana

Good Morning - Sorry to be such a check-in dud these days, but I'm working an insane number of hours and that includes today. I did a short work-out this AM, and I'm planning to work 3-4 hours, take another work-out break, and work another 3-4 hours.

Started my day with Team Body Project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNAOIXhNRJs . This is the Cardio/Resistance work-out posted 9.23.2020 that Sherry linked in GD earlier in the week. This packed a lot into 17 minutes and it was FUN. I loved hearing "Superstition" by Stevie Wonder.

I'm so happy Sherry posted this link, since I'm finding it easier to do a YT work-out many days, rather than getting caught up in analysis paralysis trying to chose from a boatload of DVD's (Oh, that sounds good.....oh wait, I haven't done that one in a while....you get the picture. )

Waves to ALL! And welcome back Pam, Pat and KarenJo.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 09:18 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I remember the red chaise lounge too! Season 6 is also one of my favorites.

I am now listed on the web site for the new studio! (Still have to decide what to tell the old studio owner...)
https://www.yoga170.com/instructors

Pam, I am thankful to you for giving me ideas and tips when I first started teaching! In fact I probably still have your email saved. I definitely feel like I've grown a lot in my teaching over the past 5 years; the yin anatomy training I did over the summer was particularly helpful in solidifying things for me.

Paine, I definitely plan to try the Tamilee stretch today. I also saved the Qi Gong for sleep to try (probably not this morning, LOL).

Sandra, if you get rid of your TA but still want to do it from time to time, some of her segments are available on YouTube. I actually still have her Mat DVD and picked it up this past week for the first time in awhile.

Everyone else is quiet - hope that means that you are having a fun and/or restful weekend.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-27-20, 09:31 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana we cross-posted - I think I am going to try that today. Thanks to you and to Sherry for posting originally.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
yoga headstand bench