Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-20, 06:13 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

stability ball workouts

Not sure if anyone likes stability ball workouts anymore but Linda has a new youtube barlattes workout using one. I had such fun bouncing up and down and still getting a great workout. Let me know your favorite stability ball workouts if you would.

Link to Linda's workout. (Loved it as it is part of her Quiet Quarantine series so not a lot of impact or noise )

Linda Quiet Quarantine Fit Ball
Old 06-02-20, 08:22 AM  
wendug

Thank you for posting this! I haven't done a Barlates workout in a while and I love stability ball workouts!

For my stability ball fave workouts- The Firm has a decent one that is only 30 minutes. https://www.amazon.com/Firm-Slim-Scu.../dp/B000PA03DY

TLT has a stability ball workout let by Susan Harris- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdvnLWH89nI&t=164s

Turbo Jam Total Body Blast is fun- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wul9...dex=21&t=2344s

That's all that is coming to mind right now. I'm curious to see others recommendations for stability ball workouts, too!
Old 06-02-20, 01:28 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

Thanks Wendy. I had forgotten all about the Susan Harris TLT workout. That was a really great one. I will pull it out. Now that you mention that one it seems that there is one more that Tracie put out early on. Now I will need to go and look for that one as well. The lead on that one was in some of the Firm videos.
I was wondering about the firm workout. I think I will have to try it out as well as the Charlene workout. Chalene usually has really good energy.
Old 06-02-20, 01:37 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i'm old school - i like Gunnar Peterson's stability ball workouts. i have all of them. he's very low key and some find him boring, but it's the moderate speed and tenor of Gunnar that i like, and you will feel worked.

kathy smith also. her original "shaper ball" workout is good, and she also uses it in her toning workouts for Project You. she has a killer bonus workout on LWTLW2 - she does pikes in this one!

Kim Spreen's 10MS stability ball workout is also good.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 03:50 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

Bzar/jeannine I will need to look at Gunner's workouts. Too funny though.... I have been looking for that particular Kathy Smith balance ball workout for a long time. I did not realize that it was on Lift Weights to Lose Weight 2. I purchased the Shaper Ball workout thinking it was on there. Thanks so much!!!!. I also like Kimberly Spreen.

Wendy: I pulled out the TLT workout with Susan Harris and have it ready to go. I also pulled out one with Jeanne Anne Copleston that I think may have had the stability ball as well. Hopefully it will still play.
Old 06-02-20, 04:31 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

you're welcome!

Gunnar's workouts average around 30 min, but i find that the slightly longer ones are good:

Full Body Challenge (43 min)
Accelerated Core Training (45 min)*

*comes with his "25 Minute Full Body Workout" and this is also a good comprehensive workout.

all of the above use dumbbells with the ball. i acquired all of his workouts from trades, eBay, Amazon and at thrift stores. at one time, you could only buy them via subscription, and they were very expensive.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 06-02-20, 05:10 PM  
anetta

I always liked the TLT workout with Susan Harris, I haven't done it forever.

All the TLT workouts are good. I should do them more often.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 05:28 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i'm old school - i like Gunnar Peterson's stability ball workouts. i have all of them. he's very low key and some find him boring, but it's the moderate speed and tenor of Gunnar that i like, and you will feel worked.
I discovered this past year that many of Gunnar's workouts are on YT. I've done all of them and I really like them, too. Yes, I do feel worked after I do these!
Old 06-02-20, 06:39 PM  
fanofladyvols

Lately, any time I have a weighted incline bench exercise, I have been using my stability ball. (Worked great in the upper body premix of Cathe's 4 day split)

Here are the stability ball workouts that I enjoy. (Second list are just segments though.)

Ultimate Circuit Training (K. Voight)
Balance Ball for Weight loss (Susanne Deason)
Balance ball for Lower body (Susanne Deason)
Extreme Strength Circuit on the ball (G. Miller)
Fitball Upper Body Challenge
Fitball Lower Body Challenge
10 min sol. Fitness on the ball (K. Spreen)
10 min sol. Pilates on the ball (L. Hudson)
Zone pilates mat and ball (Liz Gillies)
The Firm Slim and Sculpt Stability Ball Workout

Segments:
Tummy Trimmers “stability ball” 10 min (K. Smith)
Cathe Total Body stretch ball segment
Tight on Time Body Blast ball segment (Tamilee)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 07:03 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Lately, any time I have a weighted incline bench exercise, I have been using my stability ball. (Worked great in the upper body premix of Cathe's 4 day split)

Here are the stability ball workouts that I enjoy. (Second list are just segments though.)

Ultimate Circuit Training (K. Voight)
Balance Ball for Weight loss (Susanne Deason)
Balance ball for Lower body (Susanne Deason)
Extreme Strength Circuit on the ball (G. Miller)
Fitball Upper Body Challenge
Fitball Lower Body Challenge
10 min sol. Fitness on the ball (K. Spreen)
10 min sol. Pilates on the ball (L. Hudson)
Zone pilates mat and ball (Liz Gillies)
The Firm Slim and Sculpt Stability Ball Workout

Segments:
Tummy Trimmers “stability ball” 10 min (K. Smith)
Cathe Total Body stretch ball segment
Tight on Time Body Blast ball segment (Tamilee)
^2!!

slightly embarrassed to say that gosh, i have all of those, and agree that they are good. Suzanne Deason has good pilates stuff on the ball. i have also used Rodney Yee's Upper Body Yoga with a stability ball even though it doesn't require one. you can do camel really good with a stability ball.

i also want to mention Denise Austin. yes, i know people dislike her, but she has a couple of good stability ball workouts for pilates.

Tags
fitball, resist-a-ball, stability ball, stability ball workouts