Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-02-20, 07:11 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathym View Post
Not sure if anyone likes stability ball workouts anymore but Linda has a new youtube barlattes workout using one. I had such fun bouncing up and down and still getting a great workout. Let me know your favorite stability ball workouts if you would.

Link to Linda's workout. (Loved it as it is part of her Quiet Quarantine series so not a lot of impact or noise )

Linda Quiet Quarantine Fit Ball
I tried this workout today and it was good!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 07:26 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I am looking at youtube for Gunnar Peterson.
So far I have downloaded accelerated core training and core secrets.
Are there others I should look for?
I also got Turbo Jam Total Body Blast. Looks like fun.

Linda: Thanks for the list of workouts that you enjoy.
Which Denise workouts did everyone like best.

Jeannine: Funny you should mention Rodney Yee and camel pose.... I have had my balance ball forever and just thought... I could use this for chest opening. Then I realized how much I had missed using it.

Thanks so much!!!!

Fitstick: Glad you liked Linda's workout as well.
Old 09-26-20, 06:08 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

news flash -- Red Mountain Spa Cardio Ball on ebay

I saw a listing on ebay of 3 VHS ball tapes, including Cardio Ball from Red Mountain Spa. This was never released on DVD. I had my VHS transferred to DVD several years ago. This is my absolute favorite stability ball workout, fun cardio, half hour. Highly recommended if you have a VCR or access to transfer.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 12:14 AM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Not sure if anyone likes stability ball workouts anymore but Linda has a new youtube barlattes workout using one. I had such fun bouncing up and down and still getting a great workout. Let me know your favorite stability ball workouts if you would.

Link to Linda's workout. (Loved it as it is part of her Quiet Quarantine series so not a lot of impact or noise )

Linda Quiet Quarantine Fit Ball
I love this workout too, it’s very fun!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 12:36 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I am looking at youtube for Gunnar Peterson.
So far I have downloaded accelerated core training and core secrets.
Are there others I should look for?
I also got Turbo Jam Total Body Blast. Looks like fun.

Linda: Thanks for the list of workouts that you enjoy.
Which Denise workouts did everyone like best.

Jeannine: Funny you should mention Rodney Yee and camel pose.... I have had my balance ball forever and just thought... I could use this for chest opening. Then I realized how much I had missed using it.

Thanks so much!!!!

Fitstick: Glad you liked Linda's workout as well.
i just got the 2 Turbo Jam stability ball workouts from a "lot" sale on ebay - the TJTBB and Kickin' Core.

For Denise Austin, she has 2 that come immediately to mind:
Hit the Spot Core Complete
Shrink Your Female Fat Zones (she has 3 other workouts with "Shrink" in the title, but this is the only one that uses a stability ball)

I like HTSCC more than Shrink because it's a little more challenging.

p.s. i'll have to try that workout by Linda.

i recently acquired Denise Beatty's Fitness Fix workout based on rave reviews here on VF. haven't tried them just yet.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 07:53 AM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

I like "Hard Core with Resist-a-Ball" with Stephanie Morris, It is a 35 minute dvd. It is similar to an old vhs tape of hers, "Dynamic Stretch on the Ball" which is no longer available. I like the former one better.

Last edited by Hattie; 09-27-20 at 01:37 PM. Reason: typo
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 12:33 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
I like "Hard Core with Resist-a-Ball" with Stephanie Morris, It is a 35 minute dvd. It is similar to an old vhs tape of hers, "Dynamic Stretch on the Ball" which is longer. I like the formerone better.
i have Dynamic Stretch on DVD! found it in a Goodwill after hanging onto the VHS for years.

Does anyone remember when a 6-pack series of "Resist-A-Ball" VHS tapes were released, which also included stability ball workouts by Melissa Walker's pilates workout? I've been on the hunt for the DVD version of the pilates workout. Stephanie's "Going Ballistic" on VHS was also in that 6-pack and i wondered if that had ever been released on DVD too.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 01:33 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i have Dynamic Stretch on DVD! found it in a Goodwill after hanging onto the VHS for years.

Does anyone remember when a 6-pack series of "Resist-A-Ball" VHS tapes were released, which also included stability ball workouts by Melissa Walker's pilates workout? I've been on the hunt for the DVD version of the pilates workout. Stephanie's "Going Ballistic" on VHS was also in that 6-pack and i wondered if that had ever been released on DVD too.
I found Going Ballistic from that dvd set a year or so ago. I didn’t realize it had been put on dvd either and was really happy to find it. I’m glad to hear Dynamic Stretch on dvd is in the universe somewhere because I really liked that one too when I had it on VHS.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 01:36 PM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

I still have the 6 pak of Resistaball vhs'. I never found a dvd of Stephanie's Dynamic Stretch. My vhs of it is very grainy.
Old 09-27-20, 01:54 PM  
Nelly G

I have 2 dvd’s of Adam Ford: there are only used dvds available but know they are great. Even my hubby use the dvds.

https://www.amazon.com/Swiss-Ball-Ba.../dp/B0001A0EPA

https://www.amazon.com/Swiss-Ball-Ab.../dp/B0001A0EPK
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitball, resist-a-ball, stability ball, stability ball workouts